The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My ears are burning. Yes - you're more than welcome to join. And if you fancy doing all 5 quizzes for this week before tomorrow morning, we can shoehorn you into this week's leagues, much to the chagrin of some moaning c**t no doubt. 

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/archive/

And while I'm here, missing scores from @Salvo Montalbano (Thu+Fri), @Christophe  @The_Kincardine @CaspianChris @BigBo10 @8MileBU @Adam101 (Friday only) and @gkneil (all week). Probably going to do the league tables around 8am tomorrow so the clock is ticking. 

Some clock you’ve got there. 

And so to business. 

Well, he shat the bed on the last day of the season, but Leeds Saint has clung on to win only his 2nd ever Premiershit gold. His last success was probably before Leeds Utd were even in the Premiershit themselves. Very much the quiet man of P+B (don't think I've ever seen him comment on any thread), Leedsy prefers to do his talking on the quizzing pitch, and kudos to him for that. 

2 teams are tied for 2nd so will have to play-off. Normally, nobody gives a shit about a runners-up play-off, but since neither Mark Connolly nor MixuFixit has ever reached such lofty heights before, this should guarantee the TV cameras turning up for that. 

Down below, Salvo's absence costs him dear, and by the narrowest of margins, Edmund is down and Arch Stanton is in the play-offs. 

image.png.52baba577bc7f183b726a8bc57f9f6ed.png

Into the SWL, and it's Helpma helping himself to the top spot. Up goes Tynierose, edging mathematics into the play-offs. Down goes JamesP_81 and just one missed game proves costly for Christophe who descends into the BWV Memorial League. Despite a last season McFlurry, Moomintroll sees his short-lived SWL career in jeopardy in the play-offs. 

image.png.9131639af7a9eb109a1546fc263524b1.png

In the seaside league, CaspianChris's Russian mafia money sees his team of starlets romp the league, and pleslie99 is promoted alongside him. And unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Jacksgranda in the play-offs, only narrowing missing out on automatic promotion. I think there'll be a lot of interest in the play-offs this season. 

And finally, the wooden spoon this week doesn't go to newcomer Blootoon87 who is still adjusting to life in the big leagues after a lifetime in the HFL, nor does it go to Scotfree who booked his sabbatical a couple of weeks ago. Nope, this week's wooden spoon goes to gkneil, who disappeared for months, then came back for 4 days last week, then promptly disappeared again. 

image.png.afcfcb59c241bc3d43f8a1decb78b9b7.png

Now please be upstanding for our play-off poser himself, Mr @SlipperyP ... for this weekend's play off question ...

Great times @Cardinal Richelieu, you are the gentleman no lady wants.  We all love you, which is all that matters.

Yes, subscribers it's playoff weekend time all over again.  The Loons bang wagon moves to North Lanarkshire, where there is more alien looking folk seen spotted than Roswell and that's just the @The_Kincardine family.

Big Hitters this weekend are;

Nobody Cares Playoff

@Mark Connolly v @MixuFixit

Care Bear Playoff

@Arch Stanton v @mathematics

Home Help Carers

@Moomintroll v @Jacksgranda

Before I go any further into the abyss, I've noticed a few new names this weekend on the list. I'll quickly go through the rules.  I'll say this only once. I ask a question, you answer it with your best shot.  Send my a message by PM.  This message has to be submitted no later than the time set (this may change from week to week) TT means Thai Time. The time it is in Thailand, you can work that out yourself.  No chatting about the question or answer on the tread before that time has passed or you'll get in the shite.  Play good, play hard!

Question - The Member of Parliament for Uxbridge and South Ruislip has a majority of how much in percentage.

Answer to be in my postal box 06:00 Monday TT

Good Luck.

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/the-joe-friday-pub-quiz-week-151-237978?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=onsite_share
19 for the pub quiz. Actors round was difficult, recognised a lot of the faces but didn't know many names. Fluked quite a few
21 for the pub quiz. Recognisable actors my arse.

Liked the wording of the last question.

"Italian explorer and all round arsehole..." [emoji23]

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

21 for the pub quiz. Recognisable actors my arse.

Liked the wording of the last question.

"Italian explorer and all round arsehole..." emoji23.png

Hadn't even noticed that :lol:

Regarding the actors, I just assumed they are all in a show that the quiz setter watches, but nope. Turns out they are just randoms

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Great times @Cardinal Richelieu, you are the gentleman no lady wants.  We all love you, which is all that matters.

Yes, subscribers it's playoff weekend time all over again.  The Loons bang wagon moves to North Lanarkshire, where there is more alien looking folk seen spotted than Roswell and that's just the @The_Kincardine family.

Cheeky bassa.  Hope The Airdrie Onions have your shower of bridie munchers in tears by 5pm ;)

Scores have been balloted.

Big Hitters this weekend were

Nobody Cares Playoff

@Mark Connolly From memory, it's not as Tory/Brexity as you'd think, so I'll say 10% v

@MixuFixit Uxbridge and South Ruslip sounds extremely Tory so I'm going to go with 31%

Care Bear Playoff

@Arch Stanton Sorry, misread your question, his percentage of the vote would be about 50%, I'm guessing the percentage of his majority would be around 11%

v @mathematics I think that’s Boris’ constituency and I assume he’ll have a safe seat. Hence I’m going to go for 22%.

Home Help Carers

@Moomintroll 13,500.

v @Jacksgranda I'll go for 4.28% for no particular reason.

Question - The Member of Parliament for Uxbridge and South Ruislip has a majority of how much in percentage.

• As we all know now that is BJ constituency. 10.8% 

Congratulation to @Mark Connolly, @Arch Stanton and you will never believe it @Jacksgranda (I will miss you)

Have a great Sunday and more importantly a super next week.

PS @The_Kincardine = tears of joy;)