The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:
18 hours ago, SlipperyP said:
http://quizoftheday.co.uk/bustycoons
Fri 8/10
I except many 10's today 

Racist.

I raised this with Slippery.  The Easdales, of Rangers fame, were, of course, bus tycoons...

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

You reinterpreted a dodgy URL and managed to link it to the The Rangers' murky recent past.  Bravo.

The interpretation is all Slippery's and the murky past is all ours.  Quiz thread teamwork at its best...

Edited by The_Kincardine

7/10 for Thursday. And no matter why link I click it’s the same quiz for Friday. Can I just claim 10 for Friday? I’m taking a sabbatical for three weeks as I’m on holiday. I’ll rejoin when I return.

Sorry for the lateness. My father-in-law has started to show signs of the onset of dementia and (Thankfully) has had his driving licence suspended until he's had more medical tests. So, guess who has the job of running the in-laws around... To be truthful, i'm glad I can do it for them. If I've not got my scores in on time, that's why. 

Anyhow, scores this week are. 7,7,8,6,8

Cheers. 

6 hours ago, scotfree said:

Sorry for the lateness. My father-in-law has started to show signs of the onset of dementia and (Thankfully) has had his driving licence suspended until he's had more medical tests. So, guess who has the job of running the in-laws around... To be truthful, i'm glad I can do it for them. If I've not got my scores in on time, that's why. 

Anyhow, scores this week are. 7,7,8,6,8

Cheers. 

Sorry to hear that lad, but it sounds like the right decision has been made. There's a few late posters here anyway so not a problem.

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Very good, enjoy your holiday.  Catch you for a pint when you get home.  You're paying of course.

@Cardinal Richelieu are we doing  Glasgow Sunday afternoon quiz soon?

I thought you couldn't do Sunday afternoons? When you free? My mate hosts one on Sunday afternoon in the Brass Monkey @ 5pm but I'd need to ask permission to go since I sometimes host. Also, we'd need to recruit a couple of young 'uns cos there's always questions about fucking Stormzy and Avengers, whatever the f**k they are. 

About to head off for a run, but still awaiting scores from @Adamski and @blackislekillie for Thu and Fri. If I hear nothing back they're both going down (not out of spite, just cos they won't have achieved enough points to stay up). 

31 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

@Cardinal Richelieu I said I could do 5pm old chap as can @The Captain

I'm sure we can rustle up a few more 

@alang1993 expressed an interest. @Adam101 is on his holidays but like to get quizzical. Any other Glasgow-based quizzers up for finding out how beautiful we all are IRL?

And so to the leagues. And the title's heading out east, with Helpma scooping what is surprisingly his 2nd gold, though I might well have deducted a few medals for his "Turkey and Pineapple Pizza" travesty. Alang1993 attains second and at the other end, it's not a great time to be a team with a "The" in your name. Down go the DA and The Kincardine with Christophe in the play-offs. Incidentally, 2 10s during the season only enough to get you mid-table spot. Changed days. 

image.png.acbe0460cbb7982f3fa69a722c9577bc.png

There's a new name on the SWL Trophy (or there would be if such a trophy existed). Well done to Ziggy - he truly managed to zig-a-zig-ah this week. Leeds Saint is up and Tynierose is in the play-offs. Down below, blackislekillie's late-minute McFlurry wasn't enough to avoid relegation. He's down with Adamski and Ross. is in the play-offs. 

image.png.220ff4c67f49f587eb0d06f7de2da2f8.png

And well done to wastecoatwilly who gets his 2nd bronze in the BHL on BNQD from German Jag. I've awarded BigBo10 a 10 for Friday since it makes no difference to his position. He's off on a three week holiday? Never realised wages were so high in the bottom league. Anyway, NJ2 is in the play-offs. 

image.png.1165a53ab5cdda545768e78366a5c7fe.png

I'll now hand you over to @SlipperyP for this week's play-offs. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu