Cardinal Richelieu

The All New No-Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

5/10 for Friday. No wooden spoon for me, oh no!

On 17/05/2019 at 08:33, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A ten for old Cardi. 

In your face, whoever it was that was ahead of me in the league.

p.s. THREE guesses. THREE of the b*****ds. Oh my giddy aunt. 

Is that the one in Canada with all the money? Has she been Skypeing you the answers?

Krop Kun Krap @Cardinal Richelieu I believe that is two promotions in succession.  You really are a bright boy.

Special mention to @Jacksgranda for coming last, well beaten again. :shutup

Anyway, two weeks from the last playoff, so let's getting pumping.

Starring this week;

Noel Gallagher - Morning Glory

@Tynierose v @Christophe

&

Elton John - Rocket Man

@JamesP_81 v @NJ2

Question - What date was Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary closed. DD/MM/YY

Answers by Monday morning 06:00 TT. PM only

Good Luck everyone

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Down below, Edmund - one of the old guard - will be licking his wounds in the SWL next season, along with Ziggy.... And as for the play-offs ... I've started playing Tynierose at a quiz game on Facebook and for a medical professional - it's rather disconcerting the number of medical question he gets wrong. Hopefully  SlipperyP won't come out with a "How many bones in the body?" type question or Tynierose will punted down to the SWL. 

A@SlipperyP

It's the way the questions are structured, honest.

giphy.gif

I like the fact I am one of only 3 participants to have a number in each column on the league table.

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And at the top of the BHL, there lies wastecoatwilly, quietly discombobulating his depreciators. That really is one in the eye for those who say you can't achieve anything in life with a suspected spelling mistake in your username. The first ever "1" in his brown column is a worthy reward for a fine season of quizzing, and there's definitely no euphemisms or double-entendres to be had there.

Growing up in the glasga slums I knew I was made for better things.
I'd like too thank my dad whoever he was plus this achievement is better than my best snooker break of 54 and my time in the 1988 Glasgow marathon of 3 hrs  7 minutes.
Thanks for those kind words your eminence I dedicate this achievement to my mum and world piece.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I like the fact I am one of only 3 participants to have a number in each column on the league table.

You should get the Cardinal to add a smug p***k one and you can have one there too.

Impressive feat tbf.

You should get the Cardinal to add a smug p***k one and you can have one there too.

Impressive feat tbf.
What a great idea! Cardi please get this sorted!

On 5/18/2019 at 08:43, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Arch Stanton - in his first season in professional quizzing - has accomplished a promotion due to the vagaries of BNQD. His achievement is all the more impressive since he's probably thinking "What the f**k is BNQD?". Well, it's also pushed NJ2 into the play-offs at the expense of Leeds Saint. @SlipperyP

Indeed, what is BNQD?

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed, what is BNQD?

Basically, it's like goal difference. It's on its 3rd reincarnation (it was simply quiz difference, then new quiz difference). If teams are tied on points, then the highest score for the season counts, then next highest and so on. And if two teams finish on equal points but one of the teams has missed a fixture, they automatically finish lower. 

Exciting stuff!

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed, what is BNQD?

To give an analogy, imagine you're chatting to two lassies at a corporate 'do'.

Both are 10s but both are very different.  One is a tall, slender Dane with small tits and blue eyes.  The other is a sultry, curvy Italian with large, dark bedroom eyes.  The Dane has the alluring voice of Isabella Rossellini and the Italian has the smokey tones of Mariella Frostrup.  

The Dane says that she knows of a new bar that's opened just round the corner and asks if you'd like to take her there.  The Italian tells you she's been invited to a party being hosted by her supermodel friend and wonders if you'd like to join her.

So how do you decide which is the better of the two options?  Well you use an algorithm devised by a bloke who portrays himself as a celibate Catholic priest.  Step up Earl Richard of Cardigan.

That is what BNQD is all about.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Basically, it's like goal difference. It's on its 3rd reincarnation (it was simply quiz difference, then new quiz difference). If teams are tied on points, then the highest score for the season counts, then next highest and so on. And if two teams finish on equal points but one of the teams has missed a fixture, they automatically finish lower. 

Exciting stuff!

2nd reincarnation, Shirley?

One would have thought a Cardinal would know such things. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

2nd reincarnation, Shirley?

One would have thought a Cardinal would know such things. 

A very good point. 

And just to let you into a wee secret, I'm not actually a Cardinal :)

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And just to let you into a wee secret, I'm not actually a Cardinal :)

:o

Times up!

Noel Gallagher - Morning Glory

@Tynierose I've read a few things in the past that mentioned Alcatraz and I know it was 1963, can't remember the exact day so will go for 1st May 1963

v @Christophe I’ve 1963 in the back of my mind, let’s go for June 30th, and a nice summer fete to see it off! 

&

Elton John - Rocket Man

@JamesP_81 NO SCORE

v @NJ2 Alcatraz prison shut 21/03/1963. Glad that some previously useless knowledge I remembered for no apparent has become useful! This is a landmark day for ol’ NJ2!

Question - What date was Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary closed. DD/MM/YY

• 21/03/1963

Congratulations to  @Tynierose & @NJ2

Gave good one.

7 for Monday, that was pretty 'classic' literature heavy

The TV show Jane Eyre scared me shitless as a kid, and as an adult, it's cost me a perfect 10. I hate that Bronte bitch.