The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Here we go then ... just to spite Tynie, here are the league tables. 
The Premiershit title is heading back over the pond to Michigan with a 17th gold medal for the most decorated team, MSU. The 2nd most decorated team, Alang1993, must make do with an off-gold medal. Ziggy "had a 'mare" ... pleslie99 is going down with him, and Christophe is in the play-offs. 
image.png.441b8fdfba1cbe42e9ff090b407849a6.png
Mark Connolly's double tenner sees him scoop silvery silver in the SWL. The_Kincardine is up .. and 4 teams are in line for the play-off, but BNQD rules dictate that Scotfree is the play-off team. Down below, German Jag's no-show has cost him dearly, James P is down and mathematics fails to do the math and is in the play-offs on BNQD. 
image.png.06ff47c3049116ba1747cc82c4edabd1.png
And in the BHL, The Captain gets a bronze coloured medal (but lets be honest, it's really brown), and one over on Tynierose. It's neck-and-neck between NJ2 and Tynierose for 2nd place / play-off. Luckily I'm not in charge. It's in the back of my mind that I signed off [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention]'s holiday form ... if he doesn't appear with a question, does someone else want to do the honours? Maybe [mention=31670]Bully Wee Villa[/mention]? (remember out of mathematics, NJ2 and tynierose, only one team can take the coveted SWL spot... in all fairness, there should be a pre-play-off play-off, but let's be honest, life's too short). 
I also went into the annals (ha, that almost looks like anals) and found deej's old trophy haul ... more than half the teams in the league back then have disappeared into the ether. Sad times. 
What's with rugster's minus 1/2 point in the cup? I can understand a 1/2 but minis 1/2??

27 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

What's with rugster's minus 1/2 point in the cup? I can understand a 1/2 but minis 1/2??

I've absolutely no idea. Probably my attempt at being hilarious. Like when I changed Eednud's name to Edmund years ago and have no recollection why. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

45 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Mark Connolly's double tenner sees him scoop silvery silver in the SWL. The_Kincardine is up .. and 4 teams are in line for the play-off, but BNQD rules dictate that Scotfree is the play-off team. Down below, German Jag's no-show has cost him dearly, James P is down and mathematics fails to do the math and is in the play-offs on BNQD. 

The what?!

Image result for down with that sort of thing gif

Right. Playoff question... 

Don't think we had this before, but, if we have, why not think of it as an extra fun memory quiz! 

How big is the Grand Canyon, in square miles?

Edit: better tag people in. 

@Christophe and @scotfree, nearest guess earns/retains a top flight spot.

@mathematics, @NJ2, @Tynierose, the best two of the three guesses will be playing in the second tier. @Cardinal Richelieu said it was only one of you but that's because he is a massive fool. I've tagged him in, just so he can see what a massive fool he is. 

Edit to the edit: no, @Cardinal Richelieu was right. It is only one of the three. Turns out I'm the massive fool. Better tag myself in, just in case I forget to read this. @Bully Wee Villa. You twat. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait a little longer before you find out not only are you not BHL champion, but you might not even be promoted. 

A couple of slackers ... @German Jag (Friday), @mathematics (Friday), @gkneil (all week. and last week, although it's a bit late to post your scores for that). 

Apologies, thought I had posted. Got an 8 for Friday. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've absolutely no idea. Probably my attempt at being hilarious. Like when I changed Eednud's name to Edmund years ago and have no recollection why. 

Might have been something to do with a cunning plan.