The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

egg chaser wrong.

5 hours ago, Christophe said:

sports that should be contained to Pacific islands were my downfall. 

2 hours ago, MSU said:

Egg-chasing question wrong.

I love it when a thicket clump of sports enthusiasts who can tell the flag of South Ireland from that of Côte d'Ivoire and who know their Honshu from their Kyushu drop a bollock when it comes to the prince of sports.

More rugby questions, please!

9 minutes ago, The DA said:

A breathtaking 24 in the pub quiz.  Got the Red Hot Chilli Peppers wrong.   Also had a mouse slip and clicked on the wrong answer - but I was wrong, it was right.

Impressive. The lyrics section was where I struggled. I was singing quite a few of them in my head(including the red hot chilli peppers song) but didn't know the titles 😞

9 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Choking on league tables for the first time in a while. It’s the hope that kills you right enough.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait a little longer before you find out not only are you not BHL champion, but you might not even be promoted. 

A couple of slackers ... @German Jag (Friday), @mathematics (Friday), @gkneil (all week. and last week, although it's a bit late to post your scores for that). 

48 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Oh the suspense, I'm sure @NJ2 could look at the earlier tables and work it out.

No wonder I hung up on you the other day.  Tadger.

Bit of a revisionist view you've got there, Tynie. What actually happened was you arse-dialled me, I made polite conversation with you for a couple of minutes to spare your blushes, then you told me stop picking the "Fashion and Beauty" topic on the Quiz Planet game on Facebook - at which point I thought, I can't be doing with his inane pish, so I hung up on you. 

Not sure what sort of domestic situation I’ve started here, just wanted a league table out but if I’m not promoted stick it up your arse tbh. Going to be difficult to motivate the lads to go again next season but we’ve a terrific group in the dressing room and if anyone can I’d trust them to do it, Clive.

9 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Not sure what sort of domestic situation I’ve started here, just wanted a league table out but if I’m not promoted stick it up your arse tbh. Going to be difficult to motivate the lads to go again next season but we’ve a terrific group in the dressing room and if anyone can I’d trust them to do it, Clive.

Heh, my go to imaginary commentator in this situation is "John", but I might start using Clive as well. Anyway, league tables to follow after I've made myself presentable. 

Here we go then ... just to spite Tynie, here are the league tables. 

The Premiershit title is heading back over the pond to Michigan with a 17th gold medal for the most decorated team, MSU. The 2nd most decorated team, Alang1993, must make do with an off-gold medal. Ziggy "had a 'mare" ... pleslie99 is going down with him, and Christophe is in the play-offs. 

image.png.441b8fdfba1cbe42e9ff090b407849a6.png

Mark Connolly's double tenner sees him scoop silvery silver in the SWL. The_Kincardine is up .. and 4 teams are in line for the play-off, but BNQD rules dictate that Scotfree is the play-off team. Down below, German Jag's no-show has cost him dearly, James P is down and mathematics fails to do the math and is in the play-offs on BNQD. 

image.png.06ff47c3049116ba1747cc82c4edabd1.png

And in the BHL, The Captain gets a bronze coloured medal (but lets be honest, it's really brown), and one over on Tynierose. It's neck-and-neck between NJ2 and Tynierose for 2nd place / play-off. Luckily I'm not in charge. It's in the back of my mind that I signed off @SlipperyP's holiday form ... if he doesn't appear with a question, does someone else want to do the honours? Maybe @Bully Wee Villa? (remember out of mathematics, NJ2 and tynierose, only one team can take the coveted SWL spot... in all fairness, there should be a pre-play-off play-off, but let's be honest, life's too short). 

image.png.4fdc0c50681960f7c1e61d189d373768.png

I also went into the annals (ha, that almost looks like anals) and found deej's old trophy haul ... more than half the teams in the league back then have disappeared into the ether. Sad times. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu