Cardinal Richelieu

The All New No-Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

14 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • The Captain - misses out Thursday despite me nagging him. 
  • G_Man1985 - misses out Monday, does Tuesday and Wednesday, hasn't been since 
  • Wilky1878 - apologised for missing last week and said he'd be back. isn't
  • AFJ - does he still exist?
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then does do so much as 1 quiz. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10758819

3 strikes and they’re  oot, your eminence!

13 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Too modest Hip Priest (there can’t be too many Bo’ness supporters who come to the Champions Quiz). Seem to remember you got an exceptional score in the Brain of Football Quiz last year. Not just the best in the room, but right up there nationally. Hopefully there will be a Brain of Football 2019 too.

Can't find the scores just now (it'd be a shame if my moment of near-glory has been removed from the internet - or maybe the quizzing website just isn't easy to navigate) but I'm sure it was open to competitors across the globe, so I like to claim that I was right up there internationally...

50 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Can't find the scores just now (it'd be a shame if my moment of near-glory has been removed from the internet - or maybe the quizzing website just isn't easy to navigate) but I'm sure it was open to competitors across the globe, so I like to claim that I was right up there internationally...

Also, having lived in Bo'ness for several years, and another quiz stalwart, Tynienrose (nee Tynieness) being involved with the football team, maybe Bo'ness is a breeding ground for hot young quiz talent (plus me). 

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

I’d forgotten it was an international event. You were second in the world then, leaving the likes of David Stainer and Pat Gibson trailing in your wake. Some achievement. 

Took me a while to find the scores, but after digging around the Quizzing archive for a while I eventually found them. Will PM you the link.

Edited by Frankie S

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then doesn't do so much as 1 quiz. 

Your eminence 

The Captain sends his most humble apologies, thought I had submitted my mighty score of 5 earlier.. It seems I forgot. Nag away kind of suits you.. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

• But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then doesn't do so much as 1 quiz. 

I've done 3.

Didn't realise I had to post the scores!

Thought it was one of those sooper dooper sites that did it all for me??????

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

We have the results of the Britney Cup

The final saw the two big cup dawgs (boak) face up to each other in the Final with their new partners

@NJ2 popped in a steady 6 with his partner @pleslie99 getting an amazing ten  for a grand total of 16

@Eednud aka Edmund got an excellent 8 but @The Captain brought home cup glory with a nine for a grand total of 17

Well done you two,  @Cardinal Richelieu get that column updated.

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

If you return I'll try to get over and say hello! I was the makeweight in the Golden Rulers, but I do float between teams depending on who's short or who requires expertise on non league fitbaw or Little Mix. 

I've never been to Bo'ness but I recognise a pattern here...

5 for Friday to f**k my chances of promotion.

22 for the Joe quiz. Quite flukey with some of the album covers, slightly ashamed to say I got the Scottish football one wrong!

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

We have the results of the Britney Cup

The final saw the two big cup dawgs (boak) face up to each other in the Final with their new partners

@NJ2 popped in a steady 6 with his partner @pleslie99 getting an amazing ten  for a grand total of 16

@Eednud aka Edmund got an excellent 8 but @The Captain brought home cup glory with a nine for a grand total of 17

Well done you two,  @Cardinal Richelieu get that column updated.

giphy.gif

Lost for words.. Cup winner... Massive coupon buster of a result. Commiserations to pleslie99 and NJ2 and well done to Eednud for bringing home the bacon.. Tynieness bring the champagne on Sunday morning.. 

46 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Lost for words.. Cup winner... Massive coupon buster of a result. Commiserations to pleslie99 and NJ2 and well done to Eednud for bringing home the bacon.. Tynieness bring the champagne on Sunday morning.. 

Well done. That's 3 in a row for me, I think.