The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Is this the end? I’m scared.

WE WILL REBUILD. 

Although thanks to Scotfree, at least we don't all need to rush out to buy an Australian subscription, since the quiz seems to be down for everyone. 

I think we can all agree on one thing though. Rupert Murdoch is a Grade A c**t. 

34 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

(this'll f**k up the Cardinal's spreadsheets) 

Ha. The joke is on you since I've not even started them yet. Feck knows what to do though. I wouldn't mind doing the Grauniad ones, but given that half the folk have done the Aussie Tuesday and half haven't, why don't we take a week's sabbatical and regroup on Monday?

9 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ha. The joke is on you since I've not even started them yet. Feck knows what to do though. I wouldn't mind doing the Grauniad ones, but given that half the folk have done the Aussie Tuesday and half haven't, why don't we take a week's sabbatical and regroup on Monday?

While we're all aff this week , we could all try to find a new quiz, that you can submit to the committee, i've already started to look, many behind pay walls so far... I did the grauniad and got an 8, that's just not on.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Superleague?

The NZ Herald has a daily quiz, in fact it looks like they’re back to doing a morning and afternoon quiz. Only problem is some ofmthe NZ questions are worse than Aussie ones plus if you blink you can miss what you scored.

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Superleague?

The NZ Herald has a daily quiz, in fact it looks like they’re back to doing a morning and afternoon quiz. Only problem is some ofmthe NZ questions are worse than Aussie ones plus if you blink you can miss what you scored.

Aye, I think a SUPERLEAGUE is long overdue. Let's start it on Monday - give everyone a chance to get some training in (and those that were promoted to moan like f**k). 

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

Looks like The Australian might have fucked The Australian quiz by sticking it behind a paywall when upgrading their web site today. Don’t know if they will fix it but very much doubt it. In case anybody wants to do an Antipodean quiz today here is the NZ Herald’s morning one. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12215800

6/10 for the New Zealand one. I didn't know there were that many rivers in the South Island...

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's just pandering to the lazy b*****ds who didn't do the quiz early enough IMO.  They'll probably moan about time zones or something though.

I do like the idea of the NZ quiz.  The added twist of having a morning and afternoon quiz is just what the Cardinal needs to keep him on his toes :)