The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

We are underway....

I have created the first round of the cup, its a simple knock out the top 50% will make it through the first round and then its head to head, fingers crossed for an even number. The first round comprises of questions we got right on the night so should be manageable and one question that I came up with myself. Usual rules apply please PM me your score to take part, entries close some time on Saturday morning when I remember to check how you have all got on. I will let you know if you have made the cut into the next round but otherwise I won't be doing any tagging to remind you, if you don't field a team your opposition gets a 3-0 awarded.

www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1903111802242231&lnk&

Best of luck and thanks again to @Frankie S for his great questions. I have edited them slightly as a few my have been dead easy to get with multiple choice.

Are the quizlings from the other night barred?

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

Are the quizlings from the other night barred?

Yes, if they look like they might progress then their numbers will be put in the freezer before the draw to make sure they are picked out together. However they might get Nam style flashbacks and not fancy it.

On 3/9/2019 at 13:00, Eednud said:

The play-off questions follow:

Rubber Souls

@CaspianChris   v    @The_Kincardine

Revolvers

@Bully Wee Villa     v    @SlipperyP

There are 3 questions involving tenuous links between Beatles songs and football.

1) Which Beatles song has a Raith Rovers connection?

2) Home of the 1994/95 EPL Champions, according to a Beatles song, how many holes are there in Blackburn, Lancashire?

3) Which Spanish club’s nickname is the Yellow Submarine?

DM your answers by 05:00 Thai time Monday 12 March 2019 or 24:00 GMT Sunday 11 March 2019. 

Sorry Edmund.  I went to Sheffield on Sat morning and spent Sat pm and Sun am sorting out my 20 yo  who seems to think that Uni is something that allows you to party 7/24 with occasional lectures and gives you carte blanche to live in a shitehole at, about, £450 a month of my money.  My mantra was along the lines of, "Getting a degree isn't that hard so at least try and play the game and don't have your tutor phoning yer maw".

Nice questions, though.

6 for Mon
7 for Tue

Managed only to get 8 out of 10 for a quiz I've already attended and read all the correct answers - quite the achievement. 

I don't even remember that question about the 4th substitute :(

Edit: And whoever is taking those quizzes and adding my name, cheers for assigning a perfect score to me :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

15 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Am I the only one that thinks, going by recent chats, that this cup may not get a winner as we could all be stuck on the square root of he haw?

No, there will be some smart arse getting 100%. (Not me, obviously.)

ETA: And just to prove it - 2/10 for Tuesday. 2 guesses paid off, 8 didn't.

Edited by Jacksgranda

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Managed only to get 8 out of 10 for a quiz I've already attended and read all the correct answers - quite the achievement. 

I don't even remember that question about the 4th substitute :(

Edit: And whoever is taking those quizzes and adding my name, cheers for assigning a perfect score to me :)

There wasn't a question about a 4th substitute in the quiz in Edinburgh. Adam said he'd added a question of his own. Imagine not reading his post, no bonus point for you.

Was me who put the score in under your name. Wasn't going to admit that I'd not got 100% on a quiz that I had already done, then I got them all correct :lol:

12 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

There wasn't a question about a 4th substitute in the quiz in Edinburgh. Adam said he'd added a question of his own. Imagine not reading his post, no bonus point for you.

Was me who put the score in under your name. Wasn't going to admit that I'd not got 100% on a quiz that I had already done, then I got them all correct :lol:

Pretty sure that's fraud mate! But I'm a benevolent Cardinal so I won't grass you into the rozzers. 

Meanwhile, in the leagues - spartan array of scores in the Premiership as per. 

image.png.23c6e221282b7a45cf9f12e7281d6558.png

But look at the SWL. A lovely full set of scores. 

image.png.7a0d5fef2e95c53fd1a28b6f9b571563.png

I wonder if we'll ever see As Easterly as it gets again :lol:

image.png.4fbb39e24153d4b6cf690439ac35d645.png

15 hours ago, Adam101 said:

We are underway....

I have created the first round of the cup, its a simple knock out the top 50% will make it through the first round and then its head to head, fingers crossed for an even number. The first round comprises of questions we got right on the night so should be manageable and one question that I came up with myself. Usual rules apply please PM me your score to take part, entries close some time on Saturday morning when I remember to check how you have all got on. I will let you know if you have made the cut into the next round but otherwise I won't be doing any tagging to remind you, if you don't field a team your opposition gets a 3-0 awarded.

www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1903111802242231&lnk&

Best of luck and thanks again to @Frankie S for his great questions. I have edited them slightly as a few my have been dead easy to get with multiple choice.

Good quiz.  Put me down for a 7.