The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Seems to be chronological now? If I click archive it's got them in a list with dates, see below

image.thumb.png.ad25d6c71cb5685a25e25dd457163acf.png

Sorry - what I meant was it's chronological wrt to quizzes posted. However, that list doesn't show any of the previous "Quiz of the Day" ... and even today's quiz of the day doesn't have a unique URL - it's just the home screen. I'm guessing that the quiz is just generated randomly from other quizzes. Basically, it's only possible to do the quiz on the day it's posted (which might please some people but not others!)

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry - what I meant was it's chronological wrt to quizzes posted. However, that list doesn't show any of the previous "Quiz of the Day" ... and even today's quiz of the day doesn't have a unique URL - it's just the home screen. I'm guessing that the quiz is just generated randomly from other quizzes. Basically, it's only possible to do the quiz on the day it's posted (which might please some people but not others!)

Got you! I quite like the Aussie one anyway, just been difficult this week. A challenge is good though!

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Got you! I quite like the Aussie one anyway, just been difficult this week. A challenge is good though!

Yeah, as our staunch friend pointed out, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And I've never achieved a 10 (or a 0 for that matter) in the Aussie quiz so unless a brilliant new quiz site that ticks all our boxes magically appears, we'll be sticking with the Aussie quiz for the time being. 

The cardigan has spoken, no changes will be made. Welcome to the tyranny we quiz under.
FWIW, I’m happy to fire on with the Oz quiz...you’ll soon learn the satisfaction when a Japanese island question comes up.

58 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Too bad, imho...

Yeah, we've look at the one before. And as a quiz it's fine. It's also got options for a league which would certainly make my life easier. The only problem? How the hell do you find yesterday's quiz? There is an archive, but it's not chronological and therefore, not worth a carrot. 
Often thought about creating my own quiz-site offering 10 questions a day. If only there was some way of monetising it! (not that it's all about the money, but I dream of having my own hot-tub).
Fair enough, I only had time for a quick squint at the site and seemed almost too simple to suggest it. I knew if I threw it out to the masses the flaws would be exposed pretty quick!

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there. I'd do it myself but I'm 12,000 miles away. @Dee Man @Eednud ... I'm looking at yous. I'd ask Swarley or Scotfree but they don't seem to be about any more. 

Anyway, most scores are in except:

Considering the ignorant bassas didn't even reply to @The_Kincardine's lovely e-mail telling them about this thread, I reckon they'd be even less responsive to Eednud and myself swaggering in and attempting in vain to dish out the telts. 

I'll give it a try tomorrow. 

giphy.gif

Good evening,  here are the results of the opening stages of the Bayne & Duckett shield

@The DA & @Christophe & @SlipperyP  14  v @Eednud & @MSU & @The Captain 19  -     A tie that could have went anyway, the victors helped by the fact that Slippery P didn't bother his arse to turn up.   A real blow when your teammate lets you down.  If I was you boys I would be getting the first flight over to Thailand and kicking his c**t in.

@Helpma & @peasy23 11  v  @The_Kincardine & @NJ2 14    The queens select make it through with some steady scoring.  

@Bully Wee Villa & @Salvo Montalbano 15 v  @Audaces Fortuna Juvat & @Cardinal Richelieu 13      Cardinal dickpoo lets his teammate down as they crash out.

@gkneil & @German Jag  11  v @DublinMagyar & @wastecoatwilly 8   -  unlucky on willy as his team mate shat it.  

@Leeds Saint & @Mark Connolly 10  v @Adamski & @Ziggy 10  -  a tie ffs a tie, well done leeds saint and adamski, your team mates were honking.

@BigBo10 & @Rugster & @alang1993  16  v @CaspianChris  & @JamesP_81 & @Adam101 14   new boy Ruggy deservedly goes through seeing as he accrued half his teams score.

@Jacksgranda & @mathematics & @blackislekillie  9  v @pleslie99 & @Dee Man & @G_Man1985 21  -  An absolute pumping, as the Derry pair and the son of the rock go through.  Just to clarify I'm referring to Dumbarton FC not Dwayne Johnston.

And finally

@Ross. & @welshbairn 12  v @LincolnHearts & tyniesmaw 12  -  What a fucking minter only drawing with my maw, you boys should be ashamed.

For those involved in the play off, you can both answer and whoever is closest wins through for their team.

Here is the play off question.

The distance in air miles from Alicante airport to Manchester in miles is....

Answers by tomorrow at 4pm please,  the draw and the twist will be revealed then.

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

giphy.gif

Good evening,  here are the results of the opening stages of the Bayne & Duckett shield

@The DA & @Christophe & @SlipperyP  14  v @Eednud & @MSU & @The Captain 19  -     A tie that could have went anyway, the victors helped by the fact that Slippery P didn't bother his arse to turn up.   A real blow when your teammate lets you down.  If I was you boys I would be getting the first flight over to Thailand and kicking his c**t in.

@Helpma & @peasy23 11  v  @The_Kincardine & @NJ2 14    The queens select make it through with some steady scoring.  

@Bully Wee Villa & @Salvo Montalbano 15 v  @Audaces Fortuna Juvat & @Cardinal Richelieu 13      Cardinal dickpoo lets his teammate down as they crash out.

@gkneil & @German Jag  11  v @DublinMagyar & @wastecoatwilly 8   -  unlucky on willy as his team mate shat it.  

@Leeds Saint & @Mark Connolly 10  v @Adamski & @Ziggy 10  -  a tie ffs a tie, well done leeds saint and adamski, your team mates were honking.

@BigBo10 & @Rugster & @alang1993  16  v @CaspianChris  & @JamesP_81 & @Adam101 14   new boy Ruggy deservedly goes through seeing as he accrued half his teams score.

@Jacksgranda & @mathematics & @blackislekillie  9  v @pleslie99 & @Dee Man & @G_Man1985 21  -  An absolute pumping, as the Derry pair and the son of the rock go through.  Just to clarify I'm referring to Dumbarton FC not Dwayne Johnston.

And finally

@Ross. & @welshbairn 12  v @LincolnHearts & tyniesmaw 12  -  What a fucking minter only drawing with my maw, you boys should be ashamed.

For those involved in the play off, you can both answer and whoever is closest wins through for their team.

Answers by tomorrow at 4pm please,  the draw and the twist will be revealed then.

giphy.gif

DFC ROOL YA BASS!

giphy.gif&key=d7b40919c99b8ee233885bc54caf9101d2b8727c222efc297de7adc127461584
[mention=38419]The DA[/mention] & [mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] & [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention]  14  v [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] & [mention=65435]MSU[/mention] & [mention=72250]The Captain[/mention] 19  -     A tie that could have went anyway, the victors helped by the fact that Slippery P didn't bother his arse to turn up.   A real blow when your teammate lets you down.  If I was you boys I would be getting the first flight over to Thailand and kicking his c**t in.
[mention=16108]Helpma[/mention] & [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention] 11  v  [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] & [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] 14    The queens select make it through with some steady scoring.  
[mention=31670]Bully Wee Villa[/mention] & [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention] 15 v  [mention=45629]Audaces Fortuna Juvat[/mention] & [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] 13      Cardinal dickpoo lets his teammate down as they crash out.
[mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] & [mention=8056]German Jag[/mention]  11  v [mention=51151]DublinMagyar[/mention] & [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] 8   -  unlucky on willy as his team mate shat it.  
[mention=2439]Leeds Saint[/mention] & [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] 10  v [mention=110]Adamski[/mention] & [mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention] 10  -  a tie ffs a tie, well done leeds saint and adamski, your team mates were honking.
[mention=62469]BigBo10[/mention] & [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] & [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention]  16  v [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention]  & [mention=72090]JamesP_81[/mention] & [mention=66969]Adam101[/mention] 14   new boy Ruggy deservedly goes through seeing as he accrued half his teams score.
[mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] & [mention=18806]mathematics[/mention] & [mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention]  9  v [mention=55832]pleslie99[/mention] & [mention=25521]Dee Man[/mention] & [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] 21  -  An absolute pumping, as the Derry pair and the son of the rock go through.  Just to clarify I'm referring to Dumbarton FC not Dwayne Johnston.
And finally
[mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] & [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention] 12  v [mention=62179]LincolnHearts[/mention] & tyniesmaw 12  -  What a fucking minter only drawing with my maw, you boys should be ashamed.
giphy.gif&key=bc5fad2b4fccd52d346298a42349c72c7533e30401a2efb25f8a692c02bab55c

I posted my score on this thread. I couldn't send you a message for some reason. Probably the app as it shite.

Right, all joking aside, something needs to be done about this. Those Friday questions were a bloody disgrace. Someone needs to march into the offices of The Australian and do a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down", but instead of demanding breakfast, demand a quiz that wasn't written by the spotty kid on work experience  who doesn't want to be there. I'd do it myself but I'm 12,000 miles away. [mention=25521]Dee Man[/mention] [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] ... I'm looking at yous. I'd ask Swarley or Scotfree but they don't seem to be about any more. 
Anyway, most scores are in except:
  • [mention=51151]DublinMagyar[/mention] (does bugger this I'm out mean you don't want to do the Friday quiz? you're not missing much)
  • [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] + [mention=16108]Helpma[/mention] (both Fridays as well)
  • [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention] + [mention=62179]LincolnHearts[/mention] (you guys still doing the quiz [emoji20] )

11 posts to the north of your post you’ll find my score. It was 8/10 if your compass wonky.

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:
13 hours ago, Tynierose said:
[mention=38419]The DA[/mention] & [mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] & [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention]  14  v [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] & [mention=65435]MSU[/mention] & [mention=72250]The Captain[/mention] 19  -     A tie that could have went anyway, the victors helped by the fact that Slippery P didn't bother his arse to turn up.   A real blow when your teammate lets you down.  If I was you boys I would be getting the first flight over to Thailand and kicking his c**t in.
[mention=16108]Helpma[/mention] & [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention] 11  v  [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] & [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] 14    The queens select make it through with some steady scoring.  
[mention=31670]Bully Wee Villa[/mention] & [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention] 15 v  [mention=45629]Audaces Fortuna Juvat[/mention] & [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] 13      Cardinal dickpoo lets his teammate down as they crash out.
[mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] & [mention=8056]German Jag[/mention]  11  v [mention=51151]DublinMagyar[/mention] & [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] 8   -  unlucky on willy as his team mate shat it.  
[mention=2439]Leeds Saint[/mention] & [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] 10  v [mention=110]Adamski[/mention] & [mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention] 10  -  a tie ffs a tie, well done leeds saint and adamski, your team mates were honking.
[mention=62469]BigBo10[/mention] & [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] & [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention]  16  v [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention]  & [mention=72090]JamesP_81[/mention] & [mention=66969]Adam101[/mention] 14   new boy Ruggy deservedly goes through seeing as he accrued half his teams score.
[mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] & [mention=18806]mathematics[/mention] & [mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention]  9  v [mention=55832]pleslie99[/mention] & [mention=25521]Dee Man[/mention] & [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] 21  -  An absolute pumping, as the Derry pair and the son of the rock go through.  Just to clarify I'm referring to Dumbarton FC not Dwayne Johnston.
And finally
[mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] & [mention=30062]welshbairn[/mention] 12  v [mention=62179]LincolnHearts[/mention] & tyniesmaw 12  -  What a fucking minter only drawing with my maw, you boys should be ashamed.

I posted my score on this thread. I couldn't send you a message for some reason. Probably the app as it shite.

The app doesn't let you for some reason, the app is absolute dugshite.

Unfortunately m9 if it's not a PM then there is always the risk I will miss it.

Don't worry though you will have a chance in the next cup.

Just for you.

Can't PM Tynie so he'll have to check the scoreboard.

f**k it, anyone can do that, 6 for the cup
And finally

Shat it you say?

Couldn't be arsed reading the cup table Tynie?

Or this very thread?

Heads will roll