The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Last call for the [mention=72250]The Captain[/mention] to tell me how many named elements there are in the Periodic Table. 
Tbh, I'm a chemist and I'd struggle with that. These kids have gone overboard with new elements in the last twenty years. We only really need 20 amyway IMO.

Tbh, I'm a chemist and I'd struggle with that. These kids have gone overboard with new elements in the last twenty years. We only really need 20 amyway IMO.
Oh, and 8/10 for Tuesday. I need to get back in the habit of doing these after 4 hours in the pub, it seems to go better. Even guessed the Aussie politician today!

Sorry Captain. The finalised league tables wait for no man. How many named elements are there? I'd be interested to know which are the only 20 that Helpma thinks we need! 

Anyway, there are 118 of them. And very nice they are too ... except the ones that'll kill you as soon as look at you. 

So, it was Leeds Saint vs BWV for a place in the Premiership...

• Leeds Saint: "114, I think I read that recently." ... not quite recently enough, cos they added another 4 a few years ago
  • BWV: "I reckon 142 elements"

So Leedsy keeps his top spot ...

And it was Edmund vs The Captain

• And sice the Captain's scratched, so Edmund's guess of 110 elements is braw. 

League tables will return tomorrow ...

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu