The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I thank you once again @Cardinal Richelieu for a wonderful write up and handover.  What banter we had this week...

OK chaps it the weekend and playoffs are upon us, to time to crack one out.

Openers this weekend are;

Pair of Jeremy Hunts

@Christophe v @Tynierose

&

Get off me Boris Johnson

@Ross. v @NJ2

Question - Forfar Athletic KO this season with a friendly at Station Park against Dunfermline. What date was the famous Fifer, Andrew Carnegie born.

Answers by Private Message service no later that Monday 06:00 TT.

I wish you all luck everyone, great to be back! I heard last week there was more back stabbings, than a Tory committee meeting.

14 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I thank you once again @Cardinal Richelieu for a wonderful write up and handover.  What banter we had this week...

OK chaps it the weekend and playoffs are upon us, to time to crack one out.

Openers this weekend are;

Pair of Jeremy Hunts

@Christophe v @Tynierose

&

Get off me Boris Johnson

@Ross. v @NJ2

Question - Forfar Athletic KO this season with a friendly at Station Park against Dunfermline. What date was the famous Fifer, Andrew Carnegie born.

Answers by Private Message service no later that Monday 06:00 TT.

I wish you all luck everyone, great to be back! I heard last week there was more back stabbings, than a Tory committee meeting.

Answer and scientific method of calculation submitted.

52 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

@alang1993 expressed an interest. @Adam101 is on his holidays but like to get quizzical. Any other Glasgow-based quizzers up for finding out how beautiful we all are IRL?

And so to the leagues. And the title's heading out east, with Helpma scooping what is surprisingly his 2nd gold, though I might well have deducted a few medals for his "Turkey and Pineapple Pizza" travesty. Alang1993 attains second and at the other end, it's not a great time to be a team with a "The" in your name. Down go the DA and The Kincardine with Christophe in the play-offs. Incidentally, 2 10s during the season only enough to get you mid-table spot. Changed days. 

image.png.acbe0460cbb7982f3fa69a722c9577bc.png

There's a new name on the SWL Trophy (or there would be if such a trophy existed). Well done to Ziggy - he truly managed to zig-a-zig-ah this week. Leeds Saint is up and Tynierose is in the play-offs. Down below, blackislekillie's late-minute McFlurry wasn't enough to avoid relegation. He's down with Adamski and Ross. is in the play-offs. 

image.png.220ff4c67f49f587eb0d06f7de2da2f8.png

And well done to wastecoatwilly who gets his 2nd bronze in the BHL on BNQD from German Jag. I've awarded BigBo10 a 10 for Friday since it makes no difference to his position. He's off on a three week holiday? Never realised wages were so high in the bottom league. Anyway, NJ2 is in the play-offs. 

image.png.1165a53ab5cdda545768e78366a5c7fe.png

I'll now hand you over to @SlipperyP for this week's play-offs. 

I'm not away I was just on a break from league business and I'm back from pre season training.

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry to hear that lad, but it sounds like the right decision has been made. There's a few late posters here anyway so not a problem.

I thought you couldn't do Sunday afternoons? When you free? My mate hosts one on Sunday afternoon in the Brass Monkey @ 5pm but I'd need to ask permission to go since I sometimes host. Also, we'd need to recruit a couple of young 'uns cos there's always questions about fucking Stormzy and Avengers, whatever the f**k they are. 

About to head off for a run, but still awaiting scores from @Adamski and @blackislekillie for Thu and Fri. If I hear nothing back they're both going down (not out of spite, just cos they won't have achieved enough points to stay up). 

I'm decent enough on modern stuff, as long as it's not Love Island :lol:

Just read the last few messages, yes I'm game for a trip to Glasgow for a quiz [emoji4]
Which Falkirk diddy and pretend football entered the love island house in June 2019?

Dennon Somecunt.

The lads have shot their loads early this weekend and all entries have been submitted. Towing the line as the gaffer is back.  See how you do it @Bully Wee Villa

The Openers this weekend were;

Pair of Jeremy Hunts

@Christophe Ooh, toughie....to be over there for the civil war and involved in what he was, he’d have to have been born around say....1825? Random date incoming....May 20th?  v @Tynierose Good morning. I've had a stroke of luck, my daughter did a project at school this year about famous philanthropists and one of them was none other than Andrew Carnegie. Born in Dungfermine 1835.  Splendid question old chap.

&

Get off me Boris Johnson

@Ross. Richest American of the 19th century? 1850 is roughly in the middle of that. July 1st is roughly the middle of the year. I go with July 1st, 1850 as his D.O.B.

v @NJ2 Glad to see the return of the playoff master. Drew Carnegie...18 something...30th March 1836. I’ll show my working, 30th March could well be a significant date for my good self and 36 is double 18. Assume this will prove to be spot on and promotion will be achieved.

• 25th November 1835

Congratulations to @Tynierose & @NJ2

My work is complete. Have a great one this week everyone.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Sexy seven for Monday morning.  Ridiculous question on the Lithuanian ffs the only Lithuanian that matters is Vladimir Romanov.

That reminds me Vlad had promised a champions league at Tynecastle by now.

Can't believe he lied.

Not quite. The other one is Tony Guoga, the Lithuanian poker player turned MEP. 

When I found myself at a poker game in Klaipėda on the north coast of Lithuania, nobody said a word to me for hours ... if it was as if the Cold War had restarted. Then, after a few pints of their excellent (and free) beer, I struck up a conversation about the only Lithuanians I'd ever heard of - Romanov and Tony G. Suddenly, we were all getting on like a house on fire. 

None of that, of course, helped me get that Lithuanian question right. Fluked my way to a 6 out of 10.