The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6 minutes ago, The Hologram said:

The final results for the cups are in

@101 takes the Champions League with @The Captain second

@alang1993 hoists the Diddy Conference League with @scottsdad second

Could @SlipperyP add the relevant trophies please.

Big shout out to everyone who took part

Mission Accomplished Good Work GIF

Can't believe it!! It was tough competition got lucky with the final round after scraping through. Thanks for organising it.

I hate being diplomatic, it was great fun riding you all xsexy john hughes GIF by RETRO-FIEND

23 minutes ago, The Hologram said:

The final results for the cups are in

@101 takes the Champions League with @The Captain second

@alang1993 hoists the Diddy Conference League with @scottsdad second

Could @SlipperyP add the relevant trophies please.

Big shout out to everyone who took part

Mission Accomplished Good Work GIF

200.gif

Weekly Cup results

@Small Bovine Maisonette10,003 v @Arch Stanton no score

What is the capacity of  FC La Habana (Cuba) stadium? 2,000 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_La_Habana

euro.PNG.989eb8738e23501564e33fbc1f01f32a.PNG

@Helpma                                       @Salvo Montalbano                         @Small Bovine Maisonette

CWHelpma.PNG.d11c6ecd7b5a1c79b42ed01bd46df085.PNGECWSalvo.PNG.965ce27dfb677b522da9c1eeb3ca2b36.PNGMCWBully.PNG.c4a9ceb1d74cc4420010e1a91622bce4.PNG

euro2.PNG.6cabf806e286dbf47bb5e59c88b0d10b.PNGSCWSalvo.PNG.07d40226d16cab17c56233a04ea31c53.PNG

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

@Jacksgranda hasn’t been on P+B since last Sunday. Anything to avoid another wooden spoon although hope nothing wrong with him or family.

Hopefully back soon.  Unusual for him to go radio silent unless his computer is kaput as he told me one time he doesn't have a smart phone.

Fingers crossed he and his family  are fine.

The Final league tables are brought to you by Paul Hardcastle-No Winners

PFIZER PREMIERSHIP

No difference with @Helpma & @WhiteRoseKillie this week, they go to a playoff question!

@Moomintroll is in the Europa Cup

@Arch Stanton & @Rugster faceoff for their cup placings

@Eednud & @Salvo Montalbano take on each other for the last Mugs Cup spot.

Out quicker than a Scouser robbing a villa @Duszek @The DA & @Arabdownunder are doomed.

@Geaky @peasy23 @Small Bovine Maisonette @The Hologram are all in the playoff. 

NO TROPHYp131121.PNG.7edd4782f56f90807753b19e63446960.PNG

WANNABE CHAMPIONSHIP

@alang1993 blows everyone away for his 13th second tier title. @JustOneCornetto & @scottsdad are up, but they will face each other for their weekly cup placings.

@Leeds Saint is in the playoff.

The cartoon @Sylvester Sneekly makes a fool of himself. @Culter Away & @mathematics are back on the sun loungers.

@Snobot is in the playoff.

WWalang.PNG.42505aeb7eac8825136b4417494f45e7.PNGw131121.PNG.c9a8947d3e7a5873bd86b772dbe10c49.PNG

LAST CHANCE SALOON SHOOTOUT

There is no winner in the Diddy league as @Ronaldo Jeremy & @Ross. are connected like a honeymoon couple. @The_Kincardine back to business.

@NJ2 is in the playoff.

@LincolnHearts runs out of time! Luck! but has a new spoon! 

NO TROPHYl131121.PNG.aabf2133fc87ffabb153c221c8572ae9.PNG

As the most over-moderated thread on P&B - I guess because we're such a coterie  of rowdy iconoclasts - I thought this was the best place to introduce the new mods' names.  Though why they've gone down the Hibby route of mass name-changing is a complete mystery.  Must have seemed like fun one night in the hot tub.  Here's the rogue's gallery:

mods.thumb.png.42885a7061d8deaca55f0e0e217f428c.png

@Div has never sanctioned me.  He was, though, singularly responsible for deleting all my history, my posts and my 'up-votes' and requiring me to rejoin as The_Kincardine.  He should, at least, have joined in and renamed himself as The_Div.  Poor show, baldy.

@Reina has always been a class act - even for a fan of Dolly.  An active poster when I first joined she has never shown any side and is, IMO, the mods' mod.  She deserves to keep her name.

@Homer Thompson used to be called Nizzy.  Tech-bloke verging on the geeky who sanctioned me for typing 'yins' in a green  font - the most egregious sanction in the history of P&B - and who now portrays himself as a cartoon character.  I could have told you that when you sent me to the naughty step in 2016!

@Sylvester Sneekly The voice of P&B quizzing and our hero.  What a come  down, though.  To go from 'l'Éminence rouge' loved and admired by all to some bit-part Scooby Doo  character.  This is downsizing on a massive scale.  Even 'the big cardi' is a more fitting moniker, mate.

@Radford Like all good referees you never notice him.  No need for a name change.  Always under the radar.

@Tynie Steerforth The chameleon of the forum.  Was originally 'rose' then became 'ness' when he changed his allegiance but always had the 'tiny' prefix - fitting for someone who sanctioned me for some fucked-up reason back in 2015.  'Steerforth' eh?  According  to Dickens, "a handsome young man noted for his wit and romantic charm".  Well some cope with a mid-life crisis by buying a Porsche.  Others change their user-name to try and project...

@Small Bovine Maisonette The only witty name-change we've seen and an all-round good egg.  Not a man known for prescience, though.  Here was his take - in 2018 - on his team's new manager:  Really can't see why anyone would want the job. They don't have a team which is even vaguely good enough to compete with Celtic, they don't have the resources to compete with Celtic and I've seen nothing that suggests they have up and coming youngsters that could help them compete with Celtic. Yet their delusional fans will settle for nothing but a team that can compete with Celtic. It's as poisonous a chalice as you can get. Gerrard would be better off starting at some moneybags lower league English club and building a reputation.

New names but still the same mods...

Edited by Small Bovine Maisonette