The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

What can I say after the second running of the singles?

@SlipperyP a massive thank you for organising the tournament, keeping the correct scores and ensuring civility on the course, if not the clubhouse.

@pleslie99 it has been an honour to take you on as captain. Only you and I know how much time & effort it takes to make not only team selections but consider when the players go out.

To the RoTW team, I hope you have enjoyed the tournament and the banter. We could have another re-run of the singles, but as Einstein said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

Scotland, My Scotland, what a performance. This was truly a team event where everyone played their part. Special mention to @101 for winding up the RoTW in the closing singles matches. I raise my glass to you all and hope you are enjoying the celebrations.

@SlipperyP says the next tournament will be in Scotland. Please start breeding midgies and letting wild haggis  roam the course, to deter our opponents.

See Ya

jose mourinho win GIF by KICK

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Congratulations to the Scots on their win. It behooves us to be magnanimous in defeat, unlike our opponents' whining and squealing after the initial, real result. Still, they hung on to a technicality and got a second bite, so fair play (!) to them for making the most of it.

Honestly, it's like getting fucking celtic in Europe...

Cry Crying GIF

https://www.i-lawsuit.com/how-to-file-a-lawsuit-without-an-attorney/

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/index.html

@SlipperyP

I'm looking into taking this new result to court and having it quashed, i fought valiantly for my team mates and won them a full point with a  perfect 10, my courage and skill at no time should have been required to be repeated until the next tournament in Coatbridge in 2 years time, the resultant ''mulligan'' saw me score a guess heavy 9 and half the hole, this hurt my team and teammates but more importantly damages my brand, when all that was needed was a rerun of the original match{es} affected

i have been in contact with someone ''wealthy'' and experienced in lawsuits who will advise me, you'll be hearing from us both in due course.

Craig Whyte's Rangers power myth dispelled and the real facts behind his  claims - Keith Jackson - Keith Jackson - Daily Record

Edited by Meldrew

Well here we are. 24 hours on, the dust has settled on what has been an epic and outstandingly well run tournament by @SlipperyP. It swung both ways over the course of the tournament but the greeting faced Scots pipped us on the final hole to seal a victory. At least us RoW boys can hold our heads high, whereas those Scots will shirk off back to jockland with their tainted trophy knowing that in years to come, the historians will report on the un-sportsmanship of the Scots. I'm sure in 2 years time when the tournament is held in some concrete cesspit in Airdrie the RoW team will come back stronger. 

It is time for a new captain, so I pass the batton on knowing we went in as huge underdogs but battled well and forced a great battle. Some may say my team selections were wrong and the order of the singles were wrong but we live and die by these decisions. The whole team done me and the world proud, everyone contributed to our final total and more importantly everyone contributed to the locker room karaoke every morning to flush out the hangovers!

Special mentions to again @SlipperyP for his organisation and running of the ryder Cup. some of our big hitters @Eednud who dropped only 2 questions the entire tournament, an outstanding achievement and one that did not deserve to be on the losing team. The partnership of @Tynieroseand @German Jag who fired us away with 4 out of 4 in the Foursomes and fourballs. and finally my fellow captain @The Hologram, congratulations sir, great battle, great banter and in the end the better team won.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Well here we are. 24 hours on, the dust has settled on what has been an epic and outstandingly well run tournament by @SlipperyP. It swung both ways over the course of the tournament but the greeting faced Scots pipped us on the final hole to seal a victory. At least us RoW boys can hold our heads high, whereas those Scots will shirk off back to jockland with their tainted trophy knowing that in years to come, the historians will report on the un-sportsmanship of the Scots. I'm sure in 2 years time when the tournament is held in some concrete cesspit in Airdrie the RoW team will come back stronger. 

It is time for a new captain, so I pass the batton on knowing we went in as huge underdogs but battled well and forced a great battle. Some may say my team selections were wrong and the order of the singles were wrong but we live and die by these decisions. The whole team done me and the world proud, everyone contributed to our final total and more importantly everyone contributed to the locker room karaoke every morning to flush out the hangovers!

Special mentions to again @SlipperyP for his organisation and running of the ryder Cup. some of our big hitters @Eednud who dropped only 2 questions the entire tournament, an outstanding achievement and one that did not deserve to be on the losing team. The partnership of @Tynieroseand @German Jag who fired us away with 4 out of 4 in the Foursomes and fourballs. and finally my fellow captain @The Hologram, congratulations sir, great battle, great banter and in the end the better team won.

You f***** it up at the last.

Just like the team...

Playoff #210 - The King and I

On the crown this Monday are;

Yul Brynner Playoff

@Eednud  image.png.4c701fd7eddae5aad870c6210a08bd33.png P22 W14 L8 - last app 19th Jun '21

v

@The Captain  image.png.b400b0d74a7a373d1c0cbffb1eac0289.png P34 W12 L22 - last app 22nd Aug '21

v

Deborah Kerr Playoff

@The DA  image.png.d73bd742c4f45090190df19dbb03ef98.png P23 W17 L6 - last app 18th Sep '21

v

@JamesP_81  image.png.5511752d3d24492d8fd7bfef808ca0ca.png P23 W14 L9 - last app 9th Oct '21

Question -  The King Rama IV Mongkut. What date was he born DD/MM/YYYY?

Answers to be PM'd no latter than Tuesday 09:00 TT

Edited by SlipperyP