The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Now's that's some damn fine coffee! Oustanding work from the caddy (G. Uessometer) in fending off the Yips, for a quite incredible TEN in the cup*.

*Literally, as in I cannot believe it. I knew five, reasonable stabs at a couple more, and the others were pure jack the Rippers.

Now c'mon ROTW - get stuck right into these uppity sweaties!

1 hour ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

6 in the league.

But more importantly, as I was named first in the singles for Scotland I manage to get my best cup score if the entire tournament with a sweet and beautiful 9.

I may have upset my neighbours with a cheer louder than the one from Saturday night.

Well played, i'm always up for a fistiy cuffs.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The P&B Ryder to the Stars and Back Team Quiz 2021

The final session - Singles - The Derby in Dunedin.  The winning number is 33 ½

Comments from our captains -

@pleslie99 - 

Well well well. 2nd round of Foursomes and we come out 2nd best again. However, proud of the battling as we were 4-0 down at 1 point and we clawed it back to just lose by 1. @Tynierose and @German Jag partnership which yielded 4 out for 4 points was solid, and both go out back back back I the singles, hoping to spur each other on to another couple of points. A great team performance so far and I'm proud of every last man in the squad. Everyone has brought something to the team, even @SlipperyP who is the only person to not score a point so far, has contributed by paying for the hookers after the 1st round of fourballs. 

The singles draw is key to the success and a controversial decision sees me send out @SlipperyPand @Jacksgranda in the opening 2 matches. Important that they get the beers in and spur the rest of the boys on once their matches have finished. Iv chosen to Keep back the big hitters until match 6 where hopefully the Scottish team start to field their weaker players and the board starts to turn red. The final few matches could make or break it, my consistent, middle ranked players against what I hope is the Scottish weak players. Its a controversial decision to not send the big guns out 1st but 1 I hope goes in our favour. 

Remember boys, we are nearly there, bring it home, send these jock c***s back home to greet into their irn bru and deep fried Mars bars.....

@The Hologram - 

The fourth round saw some great performances, and the lead swung between both sides, until a late rally from the RoTW. However, with the deficit reduced to two points going into the final day, the forecast from the RoTW captain that “1 more solid round from the lads and the singles can be a celebratory procession! could come back to haunt him.

I have faith in my team to do their best and bring the inaugural trophy back to the home of golf.

Run and you’ll live — at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!!!

The pairings -

Rest of the world - 23                          v                                Scotland - 21

@SlipperyP                                         v                               @ArmadaleKillie

@Jacksgranda                                 v                               @Snobot

@kingjoey                                          v                               @BigBo10

@Helpma                                           v                               @The DA

@pleslie99                                          v                              @Arch Stanton

@WhiteRoseKillie                                v                              @alang1993

@Tynierose                                         v                              @Rugster

@German Jag                                    v                              @Namond Brice

@Eednud                                            v                              @Salvo Montalbano

@NJ2                                                   v                              @Ronaldo Jeremy

@Duszek                                             v                               @Culter Away

@Meldrew                                           v                               @mathematics

@Leeds Saint                                      v                               @Blootoon87

@NotThePars                                      v                               @Cardinal Richelieu

@The Captain                                    v                                @peasy23

@Bully Wee Villa                                 v                                @JamesP_81

@Spring Onion                                    v                               @JustOneCornetto

@LincolnHearts                                  v                                @Silky Si McFly

@Arabdownunder                              v                                @gkneil

@The_Kincardine                               v                                @scottsdad

@Ross.                                                 v                                 @101

@Geaky                                               v                                 @The Hologram

Best score wins. Today we will be using the NZ Herald 11th Oct '21 Morning https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/herald-morning-quiz-october-11/CNM4GGLUL6KXKNLAB2MWDMAFUU/    You have until Wednesday 14:00 Dunedin Time.

LET THE FIREWORKS BEGIN!

10 for cup and 10 for league

p09y6xcw.thumb.jpg.2fee558688695a3fcc482ea413833d61.jpg.87c42c24e6fa0b13363ed2e5ff941c4a.jpg

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I reckon there are 13 results in for the singles, the RoW taking 5, Scotland 4 and 4 halves so the mongrels are 3 ahead with 9 results still to come.

Scotland Mon Then GIF - Scotland Mon Then - Discover & Share GIFs

Kali has always been a kindred spirit, so bring it, rood bwah! Brap, Brap!

mongrels-tv-series-6f8aafdb-737d-40a1-8d1e-ef83d7212fa-resize-750.png.cb85b2ddb744fa8a7fe3172b6cc69f08.png