The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

12 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Six for Monday

Can I just say Slippy I'm loving the Ryder Cup Quiz, even though I've not contributed any points......yet. Mon the RoW

You tried to carry me over the line, but I was just too heavy for you.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Great job as ever Slippy, don't know how you manage  it all.

What about adding a cup competition for the bottom couple in each division?

The zenith data systems trophy or such like?

Not sure about having the bottom couple in the cup but do feel there could be room for expansion. At the moment, if you aren't in the hunt for the title/promotion, you won't be qualifying for the cups, so they can be a bit of a closed shop.

Perhaps they could be expanded to eight players per cup? 

Cup 1: top three from Divs 1 and 2, top two from Div 3

Cup 2: top three from Div 1, top two from Div 2, top three from Div 3

Cup 3: top two from Div 1, top three from Divs 2 and 3.

So the top eight from each league qualify, would give everyone something to play for.

Could maybe hold the Super Cup over until the next week, or play it on Saturday and Sunday, if it means the cups take longer to compete?

Obviously, it is all up to the Slipmeister as he does all the work and I don't wish to appear ungrateful. 🙂

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not sure about having the bottom couple in the cup but do feel there could be room for expansion. At the moment, if you aren't in the hunt for the title/promotion, you won't be qualifying for the cups, so they can be a bit of a closed shop.

Perhaps they could be expanded to eight players per cup? 

Cup 1: top three from Divs 1 and 2, top two from Div 3

Cup 2: top three from Div 1, top two from Div 2, top three from Div 3

Cup 3: top two from Div 1, top three from Divs 2 and 3.

So the top eight from each league qualify, would give everyone something to play for.

Could maybe hold the Super Cup over until the next week, or play it on Saturday and Sunday, if it means the cups take longer to compete?

Obviously, it is all up to the Slipmeister as he does all the work and I don't wish to appear ungrateful. 🙂

Not me, it wouldn't

Despite difficult course conditions,  Scotland put in a terrific performance in the foursomes, to win more points than the RoTW, and reduce the deficit from the first round.

Shout out to @Salvo Montalbano who spent so long searching for his charger, he forgot to post his score. Fortunately, it made no difference to the result of his match.

@Snobot took his time to hand in his card, but his two points won the match, much to the relief of his partner @Blootoon87.

@alang1993 & @Ronaldo Jeremy saw off a dangerous pairing of @WhiteRoseKilie & @pleslie99

Captain's apology to @JamesP_81 and the rest of the lads for falling in our match.

Overall, I'm deleighted with everyone's efforts and the RoTW know they are in a competition.

Off to ponder pairings for round three, and will message these later

Keep Going Bbc GIF by Line of Duty

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

OK, I'm off to bed as my cocktail of vaccine has truly kicked in, I feel fucked.

I expect the team pairing on my desk by the tomorrow morning 06:00 TT, so we can get an early tee time.

@pleslie99 & @The Hologram time to play your cards. PM me please.

Aye ok, been a busy day for this Captain, having to run around rounding all my players up, every strip club and bar In the town iv had to go to! some think this is a jolly and not a serious competition. We are only slightly in the lead and I need all my troops to be on top form for the next round of four balls. I'll PM the line up later once I pulled @Tynierose away from some hooker named Tricia.......