The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

The season is over and @WhiteRoseKillie lifts his 45th top league title with fellow Yorkshire quizzer @Leeds Saint missing out by 1 point. @Culter Away, @The DAand @Arabdownunder are all down under with @The Hologram and @Duszek to play-off to see who's in the play-off.

@Helpma is no longer a Wanna Be with his 8th title and @Silky Si McFly and @alang1993 also heading up. @The_Kincardine is in the up play-off. Heading for the seaside are @Moomintroll @mathematics and @JustOneCornetto with @NJ2 playing-off.

Brushing off the sand and seaweed are winner @pleslie99 together with @Ronaldo Jeremy and @ArmadaleKillie. Play-off spot had 6 on 34 points but it goes to @JamesP_81 on QD. Wooden Spoon also went to QD with @Blootoon87 the lucky recipient. 

Play-off questions to follow.

@SlipperyP I think I read in another thread that you want me to do the tables for another week which is fine but appreciate if you can do the who's where in the Champions/Europa/Mugs Cups. Also spot if I've fucked anything up with QD etc. I've updated medals (I think).

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bwv.JPG

This week’s Play-off questions and apologies for lack of stats.

Play-off for the Play-off

@The Hologram v @Duszek You both need to answer this question and the next one.

Mount Barker United Soccer Club currently sit bottom of the South Australian State League 2 with 1 point from 21 games with 1 left play. After 21 games they have a goal difference of -91. How many goals for have they scored?

+++

DoonUp Play-off

@The Hologram or @Duszek v @The_Kincardine

UpDoon Play-off

@NJ2 v @JamesP_81

Since the Open era in Tennis  (1968) how many US Open singles titles (men and women) have been won by teenagers? 

DM answers to me before Midnight (BST), 01:00 CEST tonight.

On 11/09/2021 at 01:33, Eednud said:

Name and shame time.

The following have until 23:00 GMT Saturday 11 September 2021 to post missing scores otherwise you will be allocated a zero.

@alang1993 Wed and Fri

@Moomintroll All week

@gkneil Fri

@Silky Si McFly Fri

@LincolnHearts Fri

@Cardinal Richelieu Thu

Chucked under the bus there.

On 11/09/2021 at 01:33, Eednud said:

Name and shame time.

The following have until 23:00 GMT Saturday 11 September 2021 to post missing scores otherwise you will be allocated a zero.

@alang1993 Wed and Fri

@Moomintroll All week

@gkneil Fri

@Silky Si McFly Fri

@LincolnHearts Fri

@Cardinal Richelieu Thu

f**k. Sorry. I'm feeling a lot of shame :(

10 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Does a 0 not put you bottom of the league by default? That means under @SlipperyPrules the wooden spoon should go to @Cardinal Richelieu 😜

Here's the write up and league table.

18 hours ago, Eednud said:

Wooden Spoon also went to QD with @Blootoon87 the lucky recipient. 

bwv.JPG

This week’s Play-off questions and answers:

@The Hologram 3 v 11 @Duszek You both need to answer this question and the next one.

Mount Barker United Soccer Club currently sit bottom of the South Australian State League 2 with 1 point from 21 games with 1 left play. After 21 games they have a goal difference of -91. How many goals for have they scored?

ANSWER: 12 goals for (103 against)

+++

DoonUp Play-off

@Duszek 11 v 3 @The_Kincardine

UpDoon Play-off

@NJ2 30 v 0  @JamesP_81

Since the Open era in Tennis  (1968) how many US Open singles titles (men and women) have been won by teenagers? 

ANSWER: Ten teenagers have won the US Open lifting a total of 12 titles 

Tracey Austin 1979, 1981; Steffi Graf 1988; Pete Sampras 1990; Monica Seles 1991, 1992; Martina Hingis 1997; Serena Williams 1999; Svetlana Kutzenova 2004; Maria Sharapova 2006; Bianca Andreescu 2019; Emma Raducanu 2021.

Nobody goes up or down this week.

Thanks you @Eednud, my week off has recharged my batteries and I'm ready to go.  I did mention on an other thread it would be nice for a second week, however, senses returned and I had to return to face the harsh reality of Monday work. As for some of the disputes, I don't give  a f..... 

The draw for the weekly cup has been made.

euro.PNG.4b9f6e803c1d761cdb62d5566519cc65.PNG

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

This week’s Play-off questions and answers:

@The Hologram 3 v 11 @Duszek You both need to answer this question and the next one.

ANSWER: 12 goals for (103 against)

+++

DoonUp Play-off

@Duszek 11 v 3 @The_Kincardine

UpDoon Play-off

@NJ2 30 v 0  @JamesP_81

ANSWER: Ten teenagers have won the US Open lifting a total of 12 titles 

Tracey Austin 1979, 1981; Steffi Graf 1988; Pete Sampras 1990; Monica Seles 1991, 1992; Martina Hingis 1997; Serena Williams 1999; Svetlana Kutzenova 2004; Maria Sharapova 2006; Bianca Andreescu 2019; Emma Raducanu 2021.

Nobody goes up or down this week.

Point of order.  If @Duszek won the first playoff question, why is he in the main playoff?

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Point of order.  If @Duszek won the first playoff question, why is he in the main playoff?

A very good point of order and the revised play off score is @The Hologram 1 @The_Kincardine 3. So it’s relegation for @The Hologram and promotion for @The_Kincardine and well done to @Duszek for only being 1 off for both answers and Pfizering on.