The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

8 to end the week.

@SlipperyP with regards to reconstruction dont think anything can be done, it does work and we quiz against those of similar ability. Maybe the odd megasuperdoopermassive league would be worth a shot which would maybe shake thongs up. Think the fact we don't have many is testament to the fact u don't spend as much time on the communion wine as that doddery old fool @Cardinal Richelieu and make many mistakes.

I enjoy the odd cup, as previously discussed i have one ready to go after @alang1993 finishes his and i believe someone else has one in the pipeline too so this should keep folk interested hopefully. 

23 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Ok in the semi final of the champions cup we have a tie between @Arch Stanton v @WhiteRoseKilie, so we go to straight to penalties.

We have a system, that my 2 yo will watch over..

I shall pick the country, my son 8yo will pick the team.

What is the capacity of FK Apolonia Fier stadium? (Albania)

PM me within the 24 deadline 15:25 TT Friday

Good Luck

This will go to extra pens as nobody answered.  They have until 6pm Scottish time Friday to answer the above question, by PM

@Arch Stanton v @WhiteRoseKilie

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate all the work you put into this. I've not fully read all the suggestions and proposed changes -  but I'd say the current league structure works much the same way as the SPFL. The diddies get their occasional moment in the sun (when they get promoted or a good cup run) whilst the Old / New Firm exchange 9s, 10s and trophies - as has always been the way. 

Not sure if anyone is suggesting a move away from QOTD, but I'd say it's definitely better than the random Aussie nonsense we had to put up with. 

I'm happy to go along with the consensus, but this thread has come a long way since the early days of people just posting random scores and our first tentative steps into some sort of league structure ... just for the dilettantes, this is how the league looked a few years ago ...

image.png.bdfcc88ed2de61578bd27dab2b52a184.png

So without wanting to sound like a fence-sitter, I'm happy to along with whatever improvements the Great and the Good decide on!

Ahhhh the memories........ of being in front of @WhiteRoseKilie. I'm sure it didn't last that week either. 

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

10 for Friday.

They can f**k off with the wording of Q3.

ETA...which I recall commenting on on a previous occasion. The Qs are definitely being recycled.

Also ten for Friday. Yep, they're being, let's call it environmentally-friendly with their recycling policy. It's becoming like the Golden Days of early quizmachines (late '80s)*when I got to an almost auto-pilot state when emptying them regularly.

*QuizMaster, Give us a Break, up to Cluedo and Monopoly. Later machines were harder to decide whether they were worth the initial investment - plus twenty quid in '86 was a week's rent - and ten minutes in any one of two dozen boozers in York. I went eighteen months without touching my wages, just living out of a Gallon bottle full of pound coins. Happy days, indeed. /digression.