The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Not that mad on the handicap. If certain players win the league all the time it will make it more satisfactory if I have a miraculous week and win it again sometime before the end of the 2040s. Still, if the consensus is in favour then fair enough.

I like the idea of the Champions League, etc, will add a bit of competition. If Slippery is happy with the extra work that might entail then I'm very happy to partake.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 hours ago, alang1993 said:

Round 2 Results

@scottmcleanscontacts 4 v @MSU 7

@Silky Si McFly 7 v @peasy23 6

@SlipperyP 3 v @Blootoon87 6

@Tynierose 7 v @The Captain 8

@Helpma 6 v @Rugster 9

@The_Kincardine 7 v @NotThePars 6

@Ross.  4 v @mathematics 6

@LincolnHearts 7 v @NJ2 5

@JamesP_81 6 v @Eednud 7

@101 beat @Cardinal Richelieu on a tiebreak

A special well done to all those who got the question they inspired correct(Mathematics, Silky Si, The Captain, Kincardine, 101, Lincoln Hearts, Cardinal).

Could all the winners please provide me with a category/ topic for a question and I will put one in from each(can be broad or very obscure if you want). Just tag me/ PM me with your chosen subject and that will be fine. 

Will do the draw for next round tomorrow

Paul Rudd Good Job GIF by Saturday Night Live - Find & Share on GIPHY

The West Wing

A very Happy Loi Krathong from overcast Thailand, Todays Final League Tables are brought to you by Loy Krathong Song (English Version)

James Villa Holiday League 

No trophy to hand out in the top tier as yet. We have a tie between @scottmcleanscontacts & @WhiteRoseKilie, they will meet in a playoff.  This will not just see who wins the league trophy, this will determined their seeds on the Champions League for next week.

@MSU & @Adamski will be in the Europa League next week.

@peasy23 & @Helpma will be in the Diddy League next week.

Relegation this week for @The DA, @Eednud & @Tynierose

@Rugster finds himself in the weekend playoff.

No trophy yet.j311020.PNG.ae91ead8763df38484d662a7b86ff6e9.PNG

Teletext Holiday League

Winner of the teletext goes to @Salvo Montalbano his 7th in total.  He will play in the Champions League next week.

@NotThePars with a fine finish to the week, gets himself promoted and a place in the Europa League.

@The_Kincardine up and down like his sex life, is up and gets into the Diddy League next week. (Let's hope his fans behave on their travels)

@alang1993 doing a fine job with the cup has more to do, he is in the playoff.

Down to the seaside club @pleslie99, @mathematics & @JamesP_81

@MixuFruit needs a playoff win for survival 

1076581932_twSalvoMantelbano.png.7af892ba74c1c36ebbc11b33582a7280.pngt311020.PNG.06dc98c7a564cb5713705c196f26dfc3.PNG

Club 18-30 Holiday League

@Arch Stanton comes out of isolation to win his 2nd Club 18-30 trophy and a place in the Champions League (interesting)

@101 is also up and in the Europa League

@German Jag is on the march and in the Diddy League next week.

@Cardinal Richelieu been on his holidays for a few weeks, is now doing overtime. Playoff for him.

Ok where the quote  "A tasty 8 to break my run of 6s, I fear the spoon no more". Hmmm never bothered your arse to post Fridays score @Spring Onion spoon for you.

cwArch.png.93da18ae016429ffd01648eb64563836.pngc311020.PNG.93671504781f5a9d88a89c9bd653b0f2.PNG

I will post the playoff question today around 21:00 TT

See you all then.

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I must apologies to @101 & @German Jag

Both of you will face each other in the playoff to see which cup you will enter next week.

Slippery, just so you know I have no idea how your competition works. I'm just going to answer the questions and hope for the best

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Slippery, just so you know I have no idea how your competition works. I'm just going to answer the questions and hope for the best

Don't worry.  I will write a full SP tomorrow, it will then be on all players desk, Monday morning before a ball has been kicked or question answered.

It's all under control, just getting a few sponsors and backhanders sorted.

I've come early, nothing new there, so we will crack on (empty house for 10 mins).

The James Villa Holidays League Champions Playoff

@scottmcleanscontacts v @WhiteRoseKilie

Please answer the main playoff question.

The Club 18-30 2nd & 3rd place Playoff

@101 v @German Jag

Please answer the main playoff question.

The main event has arrived #162 gracias

on the tills today are;

Hugo Sanchez Playoff

@Rugster  image.png.842872aa4dfe843283cfba79645ada61.png P7 W6 L1 - last app 26th Sep '20

v

@alang1993  image.png.33e5cba1c02238b4052dc6aa15b6f5eb.png P10 W4 L6 - last app 12th Sep '20

Head to Head  0-1

Speedy Gonzales Playoff

@MixuFruit  image.png.6f3d7e1b8b770b5b53ff926e8bfafff9.png P9 W2 L7 - last app 26th Sep '20

v

@Cardinal Richelieu  image.png.e6381f747d33eeddc6a9a1481c597e16.png P23 W11 L12 - last app 25th Jul '20

Head to Head 0-0

Question - Carlos Slim, how much is he net worth in USD $?

Answers to be kachinged to my piggy bank to latter than Monday 07:00 TT.

Note to @all - please, please do not post Mondays quiz, I shall do after the playoffs have been announced. I want to have statement with all new rules of the weekly 4 cup competitions that run along side the league (no extra questions involved).  It would be good that I have this out for everyone to understand before we start the league campaign. IF I receive all the answers from playoff players before the set time, I will post the rules quicker and what I have just wrote can be place in the filling bin. 

I thank you, the pleasure is all yours.

Edited by SlipperyP

Thank you @101 & @German Jag.for the quick response. 

Please don't reveal your answers as the playoff is still live for other players.

I can reveal  that @101 has won this particular playoff and comes 2nd in the Club 18-30 Holiday League. He will be placed in the Europa Cup next week, while @German Jag 3rd place will see him in the Mugs Cup.

Edited by SlipperyP

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Thank you @101 & @German Jag.for the quick response. 

Please don't reveal your answers as the playoff is still live for other players.

I can reveal though that @101 has won this particular playoff and comes 2nd in the Club 18-30 Holiday League. He will be placed in the Europa Cup next week, while @German Jag 3rd place will see him in the Mugs Cup.

sing eric cartman GIF by South Park

I have closed the voting for the handicap system as nobody was voting and the vote we already have will be used.

40 members had the right to vote.

Yes - by @Tynierose party - 5 votes

No - @SlipperyP party -  35 votes.  This included the abstained votes (didn't vote means a No vote).

You can look back the thread to see who voted which way. Turnout was 25%

Democracy has won. We will stay the same for the league system.  However, I hope that this new cup system will keep people interested.

@WhiteRoseKilie please come back and post your weekend playoff answer, you are the only person I am still waiting on & also play along in the league.  The majority are very happy with your dominance and as some had said, it feels so much better if/when they win the title as they are up against an excellent player..

When the fun stops, drink more!!!!

Edited by SlipperyP