The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Fair enough having a break from the quiz but with 10 top flight titles bear in mind that you are still the 4th most successful quiz participant.

If you like a quiz keep an eye out for @alang1993 sharing the link for the 16:05 Sunday quiz it's impossible to cheat as it moves quickly, if of course you think the regular 50 posters are at it.

I'm looking at you @alang1993 ;)

Lol, did I just get accused of cheating?😂.

I'll wear that with a badge of honour. People that play with a straight bat and are accused of cheating, means they must be good, on the flip side people actually cheat are dicks.

5 minutes ago, Silky Si McFly said:

I'll wear that with a badge of honour. People that play with a straight bat and are accused of cheating, means they must be good, on the flip side people actually cheat are dicks.

I'm sure no one cheats as who needs a virtual gold medal to give them validation. However I then don't see why folk would get fed up with the quiz if they believed everyone played fairly?

58 minutes ago, Silky Si McFly said:

You'll only know you've really made it when someone pretends to be you on another quiz. Isn't that right @101 😁

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm having a wee break from the quiz. It's maybe time to source an alternative when several people are posting 10/10 every day.

I have to agree on the regular high scoring - I do think you get into the rhythm of a question-setter after a while, and even your guesses are kind of informed by the choices he/she gives you (see spoiler).

Having said that, Nine for Monday. Bloody chess.

Spoiler

Today's Film question..

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t think sourcing an alternative is necessary at all.  The questions that are posed daily couldn’t actually be any more diverse than they are at present.

See my reply to Arch - it's not about the standard, which I agree is pitched pretty well. It's about the, well, "flavour" of the questions - anyone who has ever done the crossword in the Times, Guardian, etc. will tell you they recognise the setter without reading the credit. I reckon this quiz has two, possibly three different setters.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Correct, oh how I yearn for Japanese Islands and obscure Australian politicians.

Anywhere my 9 was a typo I actually got 12.

I never did get round toboning up on Hokkaido et al, and then one day they were gone. the occasional nipponese reference in the current format feels quite nostalgic. I kinda miss them.

Aussie Politicians, though? Fúck 'em.

Playoff #158 are in 

Quick and simple this week....

Falaye Sacko Playoff

@The DA P14 W12 L2 last app - 21st Mar '20

Absolutely no idea.  12%.

v

@Eednud P15 W10 L5 last app - 11th Jul '20

No idea so I’ll guess 23%

Sidy Kone

@Geaky P6 W3 L3 last app - 13th Jun '20

32% of the population speak Bambara.

v

@NJ2 P27 W16 L11 last app - 6th Sept '20

No score

Question -  What percentage of the 2009 Cencus, was Bambara the spoken language in Mali?

@Eednud win the derby against @The DA, while @Geaky wipes the floor with @NJ2

Have a great day everyone.