The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The idea then is that we ditch BNQD and its variants and, in the event of a tie, the person who posts their Friday score first wins,  Did I get that right?

It's maybe a little unfair on a Steady Eddy who takes the quiz each morning over b'fast compared to someone who posts all his week's score after Midnight on a Thur night.  BUT I know the work required to collate all  the results and work out who is ahead when scores are tied so if it helps you and we all know the rules then I'd happily go along with it.

In a way yes, but as you are one of the later posters, you could actually (glesga accent) do the quiz the  day early, as I said in the post I think the daily quiz, starts at 00:00, you just need to start doing the quiz on a Sunday night/Monday early morning, rather than the Monday/Tuesday, for your Mondays result.

ETA I re read your post as I always do, as you're a very interesting poster, and you are correct that the steady eddy will be put out for the cunty Thurs midnighter.

I think you have called it correct again Sir.  Thank you. (reason we have a forum to discuss serious matters like this)

As we were everyone, conclusion - 1 c**t is  1 too many. 

Edited by SlipperyP

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not one fecking guess correct in the cup. 4/10. 

@SlipperyP's proposal is certainly controversial, but then again, when they decided to introduce goal nets there were probably folk railing against that as well (I'm guessing here). But, if it means I have to get out my scratcher at sparrow's fart to gain a minuscule advantage, then I'm all up for it. 

Or you could stay up late and do the next day quiz.

Thanks for the comment. As you know more than most, the admin of the league is a peace of piss (pishe) it's just all about getting folk to post quicker.  I don't want to put deadlines for each day, that would be shite. I am just think out loud....

I'm maybe do a trial run for one week, see the response.

eta - see my edit above. thanks for your input. 

Edited by SlipperyP

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/1262

Fri 6/10

Holiday here today (made up for New Year being cancelled) so, I did the quiz with my son (7 & 359 days), I knew 6 and handed over to him for the guesses 0/4.  Sacked on the spot.  In other news, during the quiz for some unknown reason he questioned me on...Who is the greatest ever Scottish goalkeeper.eh WTF....put me a little of my stride. 

I gave the answer of Andy Goram as he was very good at Oldham on their plastic pitch.

Now we are watching that Van Hooojdik save.... told him, "yer da would have caught that one, needless corner"

Is it not great to be 8 yo.......

Edited by SlipperyP

7 minutes ago, Helpma said:

7/10 for Friday.  The answer is Alan Rough, just for the perm

I'm a little too young to see Alan in his full flow, I just caught the end of his career, and the howlers on youtube. 

It is a good debate. I was a big Leighton fan, but the pass back run fucked him.  

eta First person to post "he was a good shot stopper" will be banned not just from this quiz, I will physically find you and ban/cut your WiFi.

Edited by SlipperyP

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

5 for Friday. I may be in line for the wooden spoon but as the Teletext League was posted twice instead of Club 18-30, I’ve no idea!

That's because it's the greatest league in the word,  just for you

c040920.png.b4cb47c090838b56453b289b4f257012.png

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

5 for Friday. I may be in line for the wooden spoon but as the Teletext League was posted twice instead of Club 18-30, I’ve no idea!

you never answered the goalie question......1 point aff if no responce within the next 48 hours. 

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

An unexpected 7 for Friday.

And 60% in the cup.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Smooth 7 for Thursday
Soft 6 for Friday

GOALIE question needs to be answered.

Ok folk 11 questions today, check my op post.....it really is serious stuff.