The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

34 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The book is great reading though clearly mum and Sophie are off their heids on illicit substances.

Yeah, tis a good book, although a rather more heinous crime than drinking all the water in the tap is drinking all of daddy's beer FFS. 

And still on the subject of the animal who came to tea, my ex (who was from foreign parts) decided to buy me a couple of tickets to see the live version of "The Animal Who Came to Tea" (cos I have a copy of the book in my bookcase) - not really realising that it is a book for young children.

You'd have thought the fact that the show was at 10am would have been a bit of a clue. But we were in the early throes of our relationship so I said nothing and we went along. And yes, the entire audience consisted of lots and lots of toddlers, their adults / guardians, me and my slightly bemused Czech girlfriend. We sat at the back and tried to blend in - a difficult task given we had no children with us. But we stuck it through to the end - even joining with actions to songs like "Yummy yummy sausages, scrummy scrummy chips". 

I'd imagine it would have been even more awkward had she just bought a ticket for me. But anyway, it was fucking brilliant. 

Anyway, apologies for my absence so far this week. 

Monday 8, Tuesday 9, Wednesday 9 - bloody coy mistresses indeed. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wouldn't that be 8 😉

What a twat. Yes it would, well spotted! Slip of the finger there, just as well I mentioned the ones I got wrong. 

EIGHT for Wednesday for me @SlipperyP