The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

14 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

For the record. 

Fri  6/10     8 guesses.  Wild, not educated.

Must get into the daily habit.

eta nearly caught you Grandad.

My 2 year old granddaughter can catch me, so no great achievement on your part...

Well, I've been away for my holidays, anything happened?

First up we we have some serious business of the playoff to see who get kick doon and who gets into the relegation playoff, playoff.

@MixuFixit v @peasy23

This is for you and you 2 only.

Question - What is the population of Alloa?

Please answer this question and the real playoff question below in the same PM.  Thank you.

Playoff #132 coming at you like a Perth copper.

Alexander Fleming Playoff

@MixuFixit P6 W1 L5 last app: 22nd Feb 2020

or

@peasy23 P21 W14 L7 last app: 2nd Nov 2019

v

@German Jag P22 W15 L7 last app: 11th Jan 2020

Harold Shipman Playoff

@Jacksgranda P5 W3 L2 last app: 21st March 2020

v

@Day of the Lords Making his debut today.

Question - British TV soap Doctors.  How many episodes have there been as from today?

Answers to be dripped into my PM box no later than Monday 07:00 TT

As we have a new player making his debut today.  Few rules, no posting on this thread about the question until after the results. TT means Thai Time. 

Good Luck.

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

See the playoff questions are back to straight forward, single answers. Bet the spreadsheet is all to f**k as well.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

See the playoff questions are back to straight forward, single answers. Bet the spreadsheet is all to f**k as well.

You got a problem with your iphone again?

Guest Moomintroll
The Final League Tables are brought to you by 

World Super League

Champion for the very first time is [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention], he can now run to his front door and tell the world, that he done it.  Yes you did, take a bow.  Second goes to your man in the Emirates [mention=16108]Helpma[/mention], respect!.
At the deep end [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] & [mention=55832]pleslie99[/mention] get relegated, however we need a playoff for the 3rd automatic spot and the playoff place.  This will be between [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention] & [mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention]
wsl270320.png.c57b314dc89ada703f4bac542717216e.png

2nd Division League

[mention=49716]geaky[/mention] powers into the top league with a big 10 to end the week, along side him on the rope upwards are [mention=110]Adamski[/mention] & [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention].  [mention=8056]German Jag[/mention] will be in the playoff for promotion, but he will need to see who he is up against.
At the foot end of the league 2 participants never showed their arse this week, [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention] & [mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention], also [mention=40148]cyderspaceman[/mention] never posted Friday.  I seen them all hanging about this week.... [mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] gets himself a lifeline.
2nd270320.png.87f11bed52b9e2bcf47736ced82946ab.png

Pontins League

[mention=69028]Snobot[/mention] doesn't do playoffs so he just wins the league in style...Up go [mention=72250]The Captain[/mention] and dead man walking [mention=31670]Bully Wee Villa[/mention].  Playoff place goes to our newest arrival [mention=15829]Day of the Lords[/mention]
At the shitting stick end of P&B quizzing, yes the front line worker, no need to stand up and applause, it's only my job, f**k you all [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention]!
p270320.png.f07dd6a6cc1cfbee89996a7b9afe6531.png
Playoff will be posted once I fix the spreadsheet.

Wish I was in the house, still working away to make sure your Corner Shops are filled with Happy Shopper & Euroshopper goodies along with yer booze & fags. This has softened the blow & raised my spirits no end however, will raise a vodka and bru in celebration tonight.

It's here! The Coronavirus Cup, brought to you in association with Skol Lager. 

Coronavirus vaccine: when will it be ready? | World news | The ...

Skol. It might taste like pish - but at least it won't kill you.

I'm using a new website called Wikiquiz. Unfortunately, it's got a couple of bugs which I'll explain in a moment. But here's the instructions:

1. Go to https://wikiquiz.org/r/iB2TkKDALp1Tmo9pWm9WCXiGLlVteX7ewkPf75gV
  2. Enter your team name, country and email address. 
  3. You will be emailed a personal link to the quiz. This link is specific to you so don't share it!
  4. You'll then be presented with the quiz. There are 6 categories of 8 questions (the categories are similar to Trivial Pursuit) + 2 extra questions. There is no multiple-choice - you need to type the answer to every question.
  5. When you're finished, follow the instructions at the bottom to submit / finish.

Unfortunately, I can't work out how to get it to show you your answers / score and the correct answers automatically. However, I will reveal the correct answers here after the quiz closes at midnight tomorrow. 

You can view the latest scoreboard here: https://wikiquiz.org/v/r8oqZwHLsmpI0mUSGr88yexwi1rNofQ0sfhKq0t0

Note, the quiz is marked automatically. I'm shown a list of all incorrect answers which I then must decide if they're right or wrong. So if you spell an answer wrong, I can still mark it right. Therefore, your score might increase in the leaderboard after I've had a chance to mark it. Once I've marked it, I'll PM you your marked sheet.

There you are. Easy as pie (that's a clue to one of the questions btw). 

56 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's here! The Coronavirus Cup, brought to you in association with Skol Lager. 

Coronavirus vaccine: when will it be ready? | World news | The ...

Skol. It might taste like pish - but at least it won't kill you.

I'm using a new website called Wikiquiz. Unfortunately, it's got a couple of bugs which I'll explain in a moment. But here's the instructions:

1. Go to https://wikiquiz.org/r/iB2TkKDALp1Tmo9pWm9WCXiGLlVteX7ewkPf75gV
  2. Enter your team name, country and email address. 
  3. You will be emailed a personal link to the quiz. This link is specific to you so don't share it!
  4. You'll then be presented with the quiz. There are 6 categories of 8 questions (the categories are similar to Trivial Pursuit) + 2 extra questions. There is no multiple-choice - you need to type the answer to every question.
  5. When you're finished, follow the instructions at the bottom to submit / finish.

Unfortunately, I can't work out how to get it to show you your answers / score and the correct answers automatically. However, I will reveal the correct answers here after the quiz closes at midnight tomorrow. 

You can view the latest scoreboard here: https://wikiquiz.org/v/r8oqZwHLsmpI0mUSGr88yexwi1rNofQ0sfhKq0t0

Note, the quiz is marked automatically. I'm shown a list of all incorrect answers which I then must decide if they're right or wrong. So if you spell an answer wrong, I can still mark it right. Therefore, your score might increase in the leaderboard after I've had a chance to mark it. Once I've marked it, I'll PM you your marked sheet.

There you are. Easy as pie (that's a clue to one of the questions btw). 

Excellent quiz, Your Eminence.

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

Excellent quiz, Your Eminence.

You're too kind. 

I was going to PM you and @alang1993 your answers but I can't be arsed so I'll link them below. 

DON'T click these links if you've not yet done the quiz. 

Guest Moomintroll

You're too kind. 
I was going to PM you and [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention] your answers but I can't be arsed so I'll link them below. 
DON'T click these links if you've not yet done the quiz. 

With Respect, Your Eminence, never tell a Human Being not to do something. As we have observed recently they will go out of their way to do exactly that. Terry Pratchett nailed it. I will take the quiz when I sober up from my well deserved epic drunk quest tonight.

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

With Respect, Your Eminence, never tell a Human Being not to do something. As we have observed recently they will go out of their way to do exactly that. Terry Pratchett nailed it. I will take the quiz when I sober up from my well deserved epic drunk quest tonight.

Good point, but my thinking was that if you wanted to cheat -  it would be very easy to do so anyway. And it's quite interesting seeing what other people put. 

Btw, please make your name something akin to your P+B username, otherwise I'll have no idea who you are. I'm talking to you: Crushman :rolleyes:

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

55 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Good point, but my thinking was that if you wanted to cheat -  it would be very easy to do so anyway. And it's quite interesting seeing what other people put. 

Btw, please make your name something akin to your P+B username, otherwise I'll have no idea who you are. I'm talking to you: Crushman :rolleyes:

It's obviously me. (it is me I answered Ian Paisley Junior for Mario's wee brother.)

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's obviously me. (it is me I answered Ian Paisley Junior for Mario's wee brother.)

Well I did think that (especially with the NI fleg) 

But then you got the largest lake in the UK question wrong even though it's just down the road from you!

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well I did think that (especially with the NI fleg) 

Reveal hidden contents

But then you got the largest lake in the UK question wrong even though it's just down the road from you!

If that had been the only one I got wrong...

Answer are in the preliminary playoff question.

@MixuFixit Alloa: 21000

v

@peasy23 Population of Alloa - 18,317.

@peasy23 pack yer bags, you're moving to the 2nd Division.  @MixuFixit keeps the fight alive.

Playoff answers will be revealed once I have all.