The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Nadia Comăneci achieved it in gymnastics, Torville and Dean at ice dancing - and now we can also talk about Mark Connolly with the same hushed deference. Not even my throwing of the toys out of the pram at having to do the league tables next week can detract from the fact that 50/50 in the league is a fine achievement that I would be putting on my CV. He is the worthy recipient of the winner's gif ...

giphy.gif

Amongst the mere mortals, Salvo picks up 2nd place. At the other end, Helpma and pleslie99 are relegated - and Silky Si McFly is also showing a serious lack of toys + in pram synergy at getting relegated with 45 points. 8MileBU is in the play-offs. 

image.png.1ead1d868158f19a1516dd0d8863f7a8.png

The DA has proved that he is the da of the SWL, with JamesP and Ziggy also being promoted. And it looks like both geaky and I are in the play-offs. At the other end, deej is nowhere to be found, Tynierose has fallen on his sword and NJ2 is also sunk. wastecoatwilly is bumped into the play-offs on QD. 

image.png.907c05c6769082423fdff9c6fdc1e514.png

Edmund has finally managed to escape the bottom league at about the 4th time of asking, Ross and returnee gkneil are up - and mathematics in the play-off. 

At the bottom, there was a thrilling fight over custody of the wooden spoon, but Jacksgranda clinches it with a worse QD. Well done to him. 

image.png.594350062ec8f4536038ac958d46e395.png

Now it's over to our Man in Manila (or near there), @SlipperyP - to sort out the play-offs. 

And I'm away to do my tax return. It's shite being a grown-up. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Thank you, thank you and can I just say this, Thank you @Cardinal Richelieu This will be our last handover for this period in quizzing times.

So all that shite is in the past let's get singing Play Off #125

The dreamers this weekend are;

Together Forever Play Off

@8MileBU P4 W2 L2 last app 30th Nov 2019

v

@Cardinal Richelieu P20 W11 L9 last app 21st Dec 2019

v

@geaky P2 W1 L1 last app 7th Dec 2019

Don't Say Goodbye Play Off

@wastecoatwilly P10 W3 L7 last app 14th Dec 2019

v

@mathematics P6 W 4 L2 last app 18th Jan 2020

Question - How many times is the word "never" sung in the classic Stock, Aitken & Waterman song, Never going to give you up?

giphy.gif

Answers by PM no later than Monday 07:00 TT

Good Luck Cardy Everyone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWnBd_GYhH6_tRecH79Si

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Nadia Comăneci achieved it in gymnastics, Torville and Dean at ice dancing - and now we can also talk about Mark Connolly with the same hushed deference. Not even my throwing of the toys out of the pram at having to do the league tables next week can detract from the fact that 50/50 in the league is a fine achievement that I would be putting on my CV. He is the worthy recipient of the winner's gif ...

giphy.gif

Amongst the mere mortals, Salvo picks up 2nd place. At the other end, Helpma and pleslie99 are relegated - and Silky Si McFly is also showing a serious lack of toys + in pram synergy at getting relegated with 45 points. 8MileBU is in the play-offs. 

The DA has proved that he is the da of the SWL, with JamesP and Ziggy also being promoted. And it looks like both geaky and I are in the play-offs. At the other end, deej is nowhere to be found, Tynierose has fallen on his sword and NJ2 is also sunk. wastecoatwilly is bumped into the play-offs on QD. 

Edmund has finally managed to escape the bottom league at about the 4th time of asking, Ross and returnee gkneil are up - and mathematics in the play-off. 

At the bottom, there was a thrilling fight over custody of the wooden spoon, but Jacksgranda clinches it with a worse QD. Well done to him. 

Now it's over to our Man in Manila (or near there), @SlipperyP - to sort out the play-offs. 

tenor.gif

Guest Moomintroll
giphy.gif&key=616bb854dbe3d0b9990d2359fd7b42c25e549ccdc76c1ab94ae453e3ad95b88e
Now it's over to our Man in Manila (or near there), [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] - to sort out the play-offs. 
Bloody hell, scoring 45 & escaping relegation on QD. Either we are all getting smarter or those questions were easy this week, I know what my money is on.

Guest Moomintroll
Thank you, thank you and can I just say this, Thank you [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] This will be our last handover for this period in quizzing times.
[mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention] P4 W2 L2 last app 30th Nov 2019
v
[mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] P20 W11 L9 last app 21st Dec 2019
v
[mention=49716]geaky[/mention] P2 W1 L1 last app 7th Dec 2019
[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] P10 W3 L7 last app 14th Dec 2019
v
[mention=18806]mathematics[/mention] P6 W 4 L2 last app 18th Jan 2020
Question - How many times is the word "never" sung in the classic Stock, Aitken & Waterman song, Never going to give you up?
giphy.gif&key=d45368dfe4f9caf7453770bb7a10296d4ad8ce8e7c2c9e0e6c8e7f38ab0c1958
Good Luck Cardy Everyone
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWnBd_GYhH6_tRecH79Si4wSnfktThA5f3VwpyK-0UEqNCutd_%26s&key=8ccc521f09d2ef2f8bc283bb42ccc9e1b75f2d43b9fbb0b210a43854963778f9

Happy New Year Slips, are the fireworks mad round your way?

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
40 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
Thank you, thank you and can I just say this, Thank you [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] This will be our last handover for this period in quizzing times.
[mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention] P4 W2 L2 last app 30th Nov 2019
v
[mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] P20 W11 L9 last app 21st Dec 2019
v
[mention=49716]geaky[/mention] P2 W1 L1 last app 7th Dec 2019
[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] P10 W3 L7 last app 14th Dec 2019
v
[mention=18806]mathematics[/mention] P6 W 4 L2 last app 18th Jan 2020
giphy.gif&key=d45368dfe4f9caf7453770bb7a10296d4ad8ce8e7c2c9e0e6c8e7f38ab0c1958
Good Luck Cardy Everyone
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWnBd_GYhH6_tRecH79Si4wSnfktThA5f3VwpyK-0UEqNCutd_%26s&key=8ccc521f09d2ef2f8bc283bb42ccc9e1b75f2d43b9fbb0b210a43854963778f9

Happy New Year Slips, are the fireworks mad round your way?

No, nothing, zilch. Never been anything here in Singburi province happen for Chinese New Year while I've stayed. 12 years.  Only thing I noticed today, was the market was not as busy.

To be honest nobody round here gives a f**k for the CNY, we're generally all poor Thai farmers.  The rice basket of Thailand.

Hope you're enjoying yourself and hope the Elephant sanctuary is good.

Guest Moomintroll
No, nothing, zilch. Never been anything here in Singburi province happen for Chinese New Year while I've stayed. 12 years.  Only thing I noticed today, was the market was not as busy.
To be honest nobody round here gives a f**k for the CNY, we're generally all poor Thai farmers.  The rice basket of Thailand.
Hope you're enjoying yourself and hope the Elephant sanctuary is good.
Going next week, looking forward to it as some places abuse the poor things to make money by letting people ride on them and bathe with them, not my thing at all.

giphy.gif&key=616bb854dbe3d0b9990d2359fd7b42c25e549ccdc76c1ab94ae453e3ad95b88e
Now it's over to our Man in Manila (or near there), [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] - to sort out the play-offs. 
That money was just resting in your account....

7 hours ago, Adamski said:

Looking at the top table... should 8mile not be 7th equal, and me, Moomintroll, and Leeds Saint all in the playoff?

Yes, yes you should. I've pretty much made a rod for my own back with all these rules. 

I think it's only fitting that in my last week in charge, we should make it a MEGALEAGUE (or is it a SUPERLEAGUE, I forget). 

It's a one-weeker anyway. Every c**t in one big happy league. 

@SlipperyP ... sorry lad. I'd be interested to know the correct answer, but I reckon you might have had a few ties anyway. 

See you in the big league next season chaps. 

(sorry)

52 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yes, yes you should. I've pretty much made a rod for my own back with all these rules. 

I think it's only fitting that in my last week in charge, we should make it a MEGALEAGUE (or is it a SUPERLEAGUE, I forget). 

It's a one-weeker anyway. Every c**t in one big happy league. 

@SlipperyP ... sorry lad. I'd be interested to know the correct answer, but I reckon you might have had a few ties anyway. 

See you in the big league next season chaps. 

(sorry)

I usually pickup these slight problems, but couldn't see through the tears.

I'm more than happy as your last league table to be a SUPERLEAGUE.

As for the answer I only had 3 answers

@Cardinal Richelieu 24

@mathematics 24

@wastecoatwilly 90

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
(Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's a one-weeker anyway. Every c**t in one big happy league

Just typical, win promotion and for the umpteenth time it’s a SUPERMEGAMEGAFUCKINGLEAGUE.  Better not throw out the bucket and spade then. 

NJ2 fully endorse the decision to hold a MEGALEAGUE as a fitting send off to Cardigan Richard. We would also state this has nothing to do with the clubs relegation to the bucket & spade league (again) which we accepted with good grace. Nothing whatsoever. Nope. Nothing. Honestly, didn’t even think about it.

5 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Quizzing for a wee while, lost my enthusiasm.   In other news though there will be a cup comp starting next week.  Format to be decided, questions to be well erm ridiculous.

Weak. Deciding the format before starting the cup is very old fashioned.