The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

f**k. League tables. I know I've threatened this before, but I'm really going to have hand in my notice soon. I see that the QuizoftheDay lets you organise your own private leagues. If nobody else is up for doing the 3 x weekly league tables, I think we should go for it. 

Tut. I've even left the header off the Premiershit league table. 

image.png.dca955f34374dd2dea1a5faf368bdf59.png

image.png.9fdf16a72eac036245b2719202322b13.png

image.png.5577b99a1efc9398311d22c08300afe9.png

I mean it chaps tho. It does take an hour or two every week and whilst I've enjoyed writing up the league tables, the odd opprobrium and the surfeit of greenies that I'd never have got otherwise, I now find it more a chore than a bit of fun. @Eednud does sterling work picking up the pieces when I'm on sabbatical, @SlipperyP does wonders with his play-off questions - and we've had some good (and not so good cups), from @pleslie99 @101 @alang1993 @Tynierose and others. 

I'll give it a couple of weeks while we find a solution, but as I say, Quizoftheday offers their own private league feature that might work quite well. 

When's your leaving party?

ETA Did I miss the Christmas cup?

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, 101 said:

When's your leaving party?

ETA Did I miss the Christmas cup?

I'm hosting Silky Si McFly's quiz in the Brass Monkey throughout February, we can make that my leaving do ... all welcome :)

And the Christmas quiz was something else I stuck on the laterbase and never got round to. 

Cheers to the lads who offered to take on the duties. I'll make next week my last and then hand over the baton to a younger chap with fresher ideas etc. 

8 out of 10. Good luck @Mark Connolly

13 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm hosting Silky Si McFly's quiz in the Brass Monkey throughout February, we can make that my leaving do ... all welcome :)

And the Christmas quiz was something else I stuck on the laterbase and never got round to. 

Cheers to the lads who offered to take on the duties. I'll make next week my last and then hand over the baton to a younger chap with fresher ideas etc. 

@alang1993 has got us ready for the 16th so see you then.

Anyone who wants to buy Cardi a pint paypal me the cash and ill see that he gets a fresh pint of water.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I would be more than happy to start my new role (already on the payroll) on 3rd Feb.  I am away on business that week starting from the Sunday 2nd, but when strangers on the internet need a helping hand. I'm willing to stand up for the cause.  I would need a decision from you no later than Wednesday next week, as I would need to read all the contract details and also speak to my potential sponsors and can't leave that in the balance right up to the last minute.

I'll carry on with your same format (for now), you can send me the link to the tables (or whatever you use) so I can get familiar with it all.

We can carry on this conversation via PM or Ruel Street, whichever is easiest for you.

If anyone has any objections to myself in this  takeover, I would like them to speak up now.  Again, this will give time to find you before the 3rd Feb.

Edited by SlipperyP