The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

You've had more than long enough. It's time to do the only wrapping up anyone needs to do in January - the wrapping up of the SUPERMEGALEAGUE table (that sounded better in my mind). 

And this week's SUPERMEGALEAGUE champion is .... @Mark Connolly! With a performance as dominating as his team's performance in the SPFL championship. And the scorer for Dundee United in their 1-0 victory of QotS was none other than Mark Connolly. Nothing unusual about P+Bers naming their teams after their favourite players (I was Carlton Palmer when I first joined), except for the fact that he only joined the club at the beginning of 2019 and Mark Connolly (our one) has been a member of this forum for 8 years. Is this:

1. Sheer coincidence?
  2. A wonderful piece of perspicacity in predicting that your favourite young Irish footballer would end up at your club some 8 years later?
  3. Or are you the same person and you've finally achieved your lifelong ambition of playing for Dundee Utd?
  4. Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. pleslie99 gets a 2 in his 2 column. Woo. Adam101 must be wondering WTF happened to find himself comfortably in the Top Shop. And Edmund must be similarly WTFing at ending up in the bottom league. In case you're not aware, top 14 teams go into the Premiership, next 14 into the SWL and everyone else into the bottom league.

And league statisticians will do well to note the first decimal point score ever in the history of the P+B league. Scintillating stuff. 

image.thumb.png.dd2324f38a66dc08b5219682662188ba.png

At the bottom end of the league, not quite sure who should get the SUPERMEGASPOON. It's up to @Jacksgranda - although since he's one of the bottom teams, it'll be a bit like turkeys deciding to skip Christmas for a year or two.

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

At the bottom end of the league, not quite sure who should get the SUPERMEGASPOON. It's up to @Jacksgranda - although since he's one of the bottom teams, it'll be a bit like turkeys deciding to skip Christmas for a year or two.

I'll just hang on to it - those other feckers would only lose it, no sense of history and tradition half of them. 15cm Wooden Spoon Award

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And this week's SUPERMEGALEAGUE champion is .... @Mark Connolly! With a performance as dominating as his team's performance in the SPFL championship. And the scorer for Dundee United in their 1-0 victory of QotS was none other than Mark Connolly. Nothing unusual about P+Bers naming their teams after their favourite players (I was Carlton Palmer when I first joined), except for the fact that he only joined the club at the beginning of 2019 and Mark Connolly (our one) has been a member of this forum for 8 years. Is this:

1. Sheer coincidence?
  2. A wonderful piece of perspicacity in predicting that your favourite young Irish footballer would end up at your club some 8 years later?
  3. Or are you the same person and you've finally achieved your lifelong ambition of playing for Dundee Utd?
  4. Or am I missing something?

It’s sheer coincidence unless I’m missing something.