The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Guest Moomintroll
Having travelled in India I've learnt quite a bit about a truly fascinating country 
Eight.
How painful are the innoculation jags before you go there? Going to get them this afternoon #pray for Moomintory

Guest Moomintroll
The injection into your foreskin  for yellow fever is pretty painful.

Nice try, I'm not that unprepared. Did you not realise that I am Jewish?

Well, I'm back from my latest sabbatical and have but two things to say. 

1. Pride comes before a fall. After falling all over the place in gloatiness, I did today's quiz and was confident of at least a 9. I got 6. 
  2. Until a couple of days ago, I'd never visited a Russian Orthodox church (well Estonian Orthodox really, but everything was in Russian and incomprehensible). I can only sum it up in one word. BRILLIANT. I'm putting in for a transfer. 

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, I'm back from my latest sabbatical and have but two things to say. 

1. Pride comes before a fall. After falling all over the place in gloatiness, I did today's quiz and was confident of at least a 9. I got 6. 
  2. Until a couple of days ago, I'd never visited a Russian Orthodox church (well Estonian Orthodox really, but everything was in Russian and incomprehensible). I can only sum it up in one word. BRILLIANT. I'm putting in for a transfer. 

The liturgy may well have been in Church Slavonic.  it certainly was over 30 years ago when I went to the Russian Orthodox church in London.  But still, look forward to you changing your username to Rasputin.

Oh and 7 for me today.

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The liturgy may well have been in Church Slavonic.  it certainly was over 30 years ago when I went to the Russian Orthodox church in London.  But still, look forward to you changing your username to Rasputin.

Oh and 7 for me today.

Not for the Baltic states, Church Slavonic was mainly used by the more southerly and westerly ex-Soviet nations (I may or may not have just gleaned that from Wikipedia). What I like about the Orthodox church is they don't f**k about. No chairs, no uplifting choons, no cheerful decoration, no Sunday school for the kids. It's just overwhelmingly dreariness, drudgery and depression, which is what life is all about at the end of the day. I was slightly disappointed to find in the gift shop a fop to the younger generation with cartoonish books, but at least none of that modernist nonsense had made it into the main, er, body of the kirk. 

I'd love to change my name to Rasputin, but I'm not sure I'd get away with styling myself "P+B's greatest love machine". 

Anyway, religion is a bollocks as we all know. What really counts is where we lie in our respective league tables. And much like God revealed to Moses the 10 Commandments on Mount Sinai, I shall now reveal to you the league standings after 2 out of 5 games. You're basically you're getting your first 4 commandments as a trailer. 

image.png.974e4ff7a1b33c563fa4c39d36f0aa01.png

image.png.584ee73a09c73fd48960aaf2fe11c153.png

image.png.db36efe3f5c3818d1c294c6b09cda012.png