The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

How do I join up for some head scratching quizzing fun?
If your looking for a well run, error free, quiz with plenty banter between the boys (and girls), an occasional well run and completely understandable cup thrown in then we are definitely not the place for you.

If you need a second for this duel old boy count me in.   

Ach, I’ll wait until he’s full of the moonshine and see him away. Maybe best ask your maw she’s free for a day out in Glasgow just in case though.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Let the record show Slipper P (intentional) started it. It’ll make no odds when I’m I’m at the bottom of a river in a sack with a dog but at least the record will be accurate.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

If you need a second for this duel old boy count me in.   

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Ach, I’ll wait until he’s full of the moonshine and see him away. Maybe best ask your maw she’s free for a day out in Glasgow just in case though.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right, see the chemical formula Q, they're using the trivial name, acetylene. Would it help if the used the IUPAC name , ethyne?

Unless the rules have changed since I was a lad, acetylene is one of the acceptable trivial names for organic nomenclature (as are acetic acid, benzene, formaldehyde etc.) based on the eminently sensible rule that these names are in common circulation and using the systematic nomenclature would sound a bit nobbish, confuse everyone and reduce the overall sexiness of Chemistry.  And they would in general take to long to say and therefore reduce available time for coffee breaks.  Mind you, they seem to have discovered 10 more elements since I was a lad, so anythings possible ....

8 for Tuesday.  Venezuelans and French Cyclists can go rearrange their test tubes.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right, see the chemical formula Q, they're using the trivial name, acetylene. Would it help if the used the IUPAC name , ethyne?

2 hours ago, Helpma said:

Unless the rules have changed since I was a lad, acetylene is one of the acceptable trivial names for organic nomenclature (as are acetic acid, benzene, formaldehyde etc.) based on the eminently sensible rule that these names are in common circulation and using the systematic nomenclature would sound a bit nobbish, confuse everyone and reduce the overall sexiness of Chemistry.  And they would in general take to long to say and therefore reduce available time for coffee breaks.  Mind you, they seem to have discovered 10 more elements since I was a lad, so anythings possible ....

8 for Tuesday.  Venezuelans and French Cyclists can go rearrange their test tubes.

image.gif.23641dc3990aebd1876b816685533335.gif