The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The whistle blows and over the top they went;

Dross Squad this weekend were;

Lieutenant General 2nd in Command Playoff

@alang19936th of September 1918. I'm not entirely sure who the guy is tbh. The Victoria Cross is a helpful clue(I think). I'm sure a lot of them were awarded for stuff world war 1 related, hence my 1918 guess

v @MSU Let’s go with August 17, 1917. 

Brigadier 2nd Division Champion Playoff

@HelpmaApril 16th 1916.  I shall now go and look him up to find out why I should know him. 

v @Leeds Saint 21st January 1950

Major Play Off

@The DAI'm going to guess at the Boer War, so October 19th 1900.

v @NotThePars  I'm going with 17th June 1936.

Private Play Off

@Cardinal Richelieu  NO SCORE

v @Snobot I’ll say 19th October 1919.

Question - Lieutenant-Colonel Bertram Best-Dunkley VC. What date did he die?

Congratulation @MSU, who returned to tell us about his victory. It was a gallant effort from @alang1993, he was up against one of the best.

Champion of Div 2 goes to @Helpma, I'll not post his full message it was the memoirs  indeed, he went through a lot to get to his answer. @Leeds Saint, tried the flank move but it never came off.

Congratulations @The DA, while winning will also receive a court martial for discussing the Play Off question during battle, @NotThePars, should be kicking himself for notreadingthethread before sending his message. He was shot down while climbing the parapet 

Also congratulation to @Snobot with his 100 year anniversary date, good idea private, let's see what you can do on your first every promotion lad. As for @Cardinal Richelieu, just as expected from a coward of a man, when you need a man next to you when hell is all around, this man goes AWOL.

If anyone is interested I have been reading about WW1 recently https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/World_War_I_(Bookshelf)#Western_Front_.28France_and_the_Low_Countries.29

Bertram was just chosen randomly, and why not, maybe not a famous name, but still a hero.  Famous now on the P&B Quiz Thread.

Keep strong and march on.

I did read the question! I thought it was a trick. 😓

4 hours ago, Eednud said:

@Cardinal Richelieu if you can extract yourself from those novitiates for a few minutes can you let me know how to add club badges to those that have dropped off the “new” tables you sent. 

It's too complicated. f**k it. c***s can go without a badge for a week or two. Apologies for missing the playoffs. I was pilgrimaging off my face. 

2 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

How do I join up for some head scratching quizzing fun?

Post your score on here Mon-Fri (Sat morning cut off). usually each day.

If you are the first to post your score for that particular day on this thread add a link to that days quiz, out of courtesy. 

There are many other rules that are made on the hoof easy enough to follow as you play.

@Cardinal Richelieu is in charge of all the League Tables, he's a top bloke.

@Eednud seconds on the League Tables, when the gaffer is away.

I'm your Play Off moderator at the weekend and all round top gezzer. Also the gaffers henchman.  If anybody gives you any shite because your new, you can PM  me.  I'll stick it on here.

Today quiz if you missed it.....http://quizoftheday.co.uk/990  

Good Luck

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Just do the link that someone will post up each morning and post your scores. Cardigan Richard will try and gobble together a semi-correct table (to which you’ll be added) then Slipper P will ask an obscure question to sort out playoffs. Easy as that.
And obviously send me a tenner a month for overseeing the whole thing and raising awareness of the conspiracy theory in place to keep NJ2 from success.

giphy.gif