The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

@SlipperyP 15cm Wooden Spoon AwardYou'll soon be catching up with me...

They way things are going I'll need a bigger house, not just trophy cabinet.  Talking of trophies/medals.  Looks like your 2 behind me still.  I don't know how I ever won them, it was so long ago, as they say GIRFUY.

17 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Thank you @Cardinal Richelieu, I'll take your word for it, you're never wrong.  The Prem table doesn't appear for me. You also double posted the middle thing league, unfortunately, I can see the diddy league.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Doesn't appear for me either. We diddies are just treated with utter contempt...

Are yous c***s blind?

image.thumb.png.9c4ec1cd31997351a72d2bebea01ca87.png

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

They way things are going I'll need a bigger house, not just trophy cabinet.  Talking of trophies/medals.  Looks like your 2 behind me still.  I don't know how I ever won them, it was so long ago, as they say GIRFUY.

I think I'm the only person in the quiz league who's never won a trophy.

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think I'm the only person in the quiz league who's never won a trophy.

Not true. Of the current P+B quiz league alumni, 8MilBU, Moomintroll, Snobot, Nkomo-A-Gogo and Blootoon87 also have nothing to show for their efforts. 

You are, however, the only founding member of the P+B quiz league never to have won any gold, silver or bronzeware, which is why it takes me such great pleasure to award you with this keychain to commemorate your achievement. 

il_340x270.1944259028_c3eo.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not true. Of the current P+B quiz league alumni, 8MilBU, Moomintroll, Snobot, Nkomo-A-Gogo and Blootoon87 also have nothing to show for their efforts. 

You are, however, the only founding member of the P+B quiz league never to have won any gold, silver or bronzeware, which is why it takes me such great pleasure to award you with this keychain to commemorate your achievement. 

il_340x270.1944259028_c3eo.jpg

That's what I meant, those others are just blow ins and will soon start collecting trophies now they've got their feet under the table.

Re: a wooden spoon. P+B Quiz League historians back in the early days of the league (2016 - what a heady time that was), we actually doled out black stars for finishing bottom. I think we discontinued the practice as it was a bit off-putting to teams thinking of joining the league. 

image.thumb.png.ea6fe881331a09e8f70db56b10e0ab78.png

Sad to think that of the 21 teams shown in the league above, only 8 still participate in the league. GBNF. 

Re: a wooden spoon. P+B Quiz League historians back in the early days of the league (2016 - what a heady time that was), we actually doled out black stars for finishing bottom. I think we discontinued the practice as it was a bit off-putting to teams thinking of joining the league. 
image.thumb.png.ea6fe881331a09e8f70db56b10e0ab78.png
Sad to think that of the 21 teams shown in the league above, only 8 still participate in the league. GBNF. 

Not a 10 in sight. Was it The Guardian or had we moved on to The Australian quiz back then? FYI after a revamp to their web site they now have a quiz 7 days a week. Still behind a paywall though.

15 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Not a 10 in sight. Was it The Guardian or had we moved on to The Australian quiz back then? FYI after a revamp to their web site they now have a quiz 7 days a week. Still behind a paywall though.

Twas the Australian. In fact, we only had the Guardian for a few months before they canned it. To be fair, I'm pretty happy with the Quizoftheday ... even though their questions range from the ridiculously easy to the completely obscure. 

Oh, and on the topic of the Guardian quiz ... as I was raking through this thread, I came across possibly the finest quiz to be found on the Internet. 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/quiz/2014/apr/04/daily-quiz-4-april-2014

10/10 🎓

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Times Up!!

Rip roaring gang this weekend were

Best there has ever been Play Off

@The DA He went through the 600 goal milestone last season.  So, it's less than 600.  I'll guess 1 in 20 goals with the head.  30 headed goals.

v @German Jag A stab in the dark, 65. 

You must beJjoking Play Off

@NJ2Will take a total stab in the dark at 47.

v @The Captain NO SCORE

Fitba - Lionel Messi has scored many a goal, however how many goals with his head for Barcelona?

Congratulations to @The DA with his well worked out set piece, unlucks @German Jag with his back post near miss, also congratulations to @NJ2 who was clearly unmarked as @The Captain forgot his boots & never got stripped.

Again  no promotion this weekend, it just shows the financial gap between leagues at the moment, the brain cells are simply not filtering down. UEFA style cartel. 

Bank Holiday Monday here gents, have a lucky week everyone.