The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Apologies for the lack of league tables - I'll get it rectified tomorrow. But it's a 2 week league so there's no tearing hurry. 

Went to a pub quiz with a friend and his wife this evening. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe it. Of the 25 questions on offer, TEN (10) or 40% of them were on Shania fucking Twain. 

We were quite rightly aggrieved (they had to talk me out of calling the team "This quiz don't impress me much") ... but it turns out that the first 20 questions (1 point) were rendered meaningless by questions 21-25 being worth 21-25 points each respectively. Oh, and you had to write an interesting fact on the back of the sheet for an arbitrary amount of bonus points. We were deducted 5 points for "Warm water freezes faster than cold water" on the basis that he knew that already - and the scores were sufficiently fiddled that we were tied for 1st place with another team who got bonus points for telling the quiz master some made-up bollocks about Shania Twain.

We almost decided to throw the tiebreaker cos first prize was a £40 bar tab (meaning we'd have to go back) but we fluked victory and they mistakenly handed us £40 in cash and we were out the door 5 seconds later. Christ, I thought Tynierose's quizzes were mince but this was off the chart.  

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

47 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Apologies for the lack of league tables - I'll get it rectified tomorrow. But it's a 2 week league so there's no tearing hurry. 

Went to a pub quiz with a friend and his wife this evening. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe it. Of the 25 questions on offer, TEN (10) or 40% of them were on Shania fucking Twain. 

We were quite rightly aggrieved (they had to talk me out of calling the team "This quiz don't impress me much") ... but it turns out that the first 20 questions (1 point) were rendered meaningless by questions 21-25 being worth 21-25 points each respectively. Oh, and you had to write an interesting fact on the back of the sheet for an arbitrary amount of bonus points. We were deducted 5 points for "Warm water freezes faster than cold water" on the basis that he knew that already - and the scores were sufficiently fiddled that we were tied for 1st place with another team who got bonus points for telling the quiz master some made-up bollocks about Shania Twain.

We almost decided to throw the tiebreaker cos first prize was a £40 bar tab (meaning we'd have to go back) but we fluked victory and they handed us £40 and we were out the door 5 seconds later. Christ, I thought Tynierose's quizzes were mince but this was off the chart.  

Good to see that you're a bit of an I Ain't No Quitter. 

Edited by Eednud