The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I must confess I get a bit of a thrill every time we do a MEGALEAGUE. In fact, I'd do them every week were it not some people moaning about "meaningless fixtures". 

Obviously the league is very close at the moment but hopefully it'll spread out a bit over time. If 2 teams are tied at the end of the season on points and "Quiz Difference" then the team from the lower league will finish above the team from a higher league. I was going to work that out for today's table, but with 10 teams in 8th= position, sod that. 

image.thumb.png.9f01dff9d1ce40e7854c5d7808cc0ef4.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

On 06/08/2019 at 19:18, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So next week will be a MEGALEAGUE (every team in one league) and I'll split teams off after it finishes. And just to make things slightly fairer - for one week only - if two teams finish level on points, the team that was in the higher league will finish above the team in the lower league. 

On 06/08/2019 at 21:07, The_Kincardine said:

I know you like your counter-intuitive scoring system (see QD to NQD as evidence) but surely the wee team finishing equal to the big team should take priority?  If the big guns can't hack it then hand them a bucket and spade.

22 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If 2 teams are tied at the end of the season on points and "Quiz Difference" then the team from the lower league will finish above the team from a higher league.

I deprecate some of the comments about Cardinal Richard made on here.  He's clearly a man who sticks to his principles.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If 2 teams are tied at the end of the season on points and "Quiz Difference" then the team from the lower league will finish above the team from a higher league. I was going to work that out for today's table, but with 10 teams in 8th= position, sod that. 

An eminently sound principle, and an even sounder method of implementing said principle.  I wholeheartedly endorse this, and encourage you to continue applying the principle in the same manner throughout this week.  

Sorry @The_Kincardine ... you did well to point out my error. I was, of course, mistaken. If two teams are tied on points and "Quiz Difference", then the team with the most money will finish higher. I think that's the fairest way of doing it. 

And as for today's quiz ... who knew that neutrinos came in different flavours? I bet there's a lime one that nobody likes and is always left till all the other neutrinos are gone.