The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Occasionally, a new force emerges from nowhere to shake up the establishment and make the old guard rear up and take notice. Never has this been more evident than in the P+B Premiershit league this season. Say the name "As Easterly as it gets!" to most people a few weeks ago and they'd have stared at you blankly. Now, the name is synonymous with quizzing excellence. Of course, the team name alludes to Peterhead being the easternmost point of the country. This honour actually belongs Bruray in the Shetland Islands, but "As Easterly as it gets (on the mainland)!" doesn't carry the same ring to it. Anyway, AEAIG(OTM)! has confounded all his critics to achieve his first top spot, so well done to him. Salvo's in 2nd - a full 5 points behind - although this was a MEGALEAGUE. 

Down below, Edmund - one of the old guard - will be licking his wounds in the SWL next season, along with Ziggy.... And as for the play-offs ... I've started playing Tynierose at a quiz game on Facebook and for a medical professional - it's rather disconcerting the number of medical question he gets wrong. Hopefully  SlipperyP won't come out with a "How many bones in the body?" type question or Tynierose will punted down to the SWL. 

image.png.fd625ab0177313756dabc1663148908d.png

And so to the SWL. And there I am at the top of the tree, decrying my detractors. I really can only urge each and every one of you to get it up the lot of ye. 

As a Cardinal, people often me ask me questions about God or what happens after we die. But my most FAQ is "Why is Brand New Quiz Difference (BNQD) so important?" ... well, the answer is has caused MixuFixit to gain the other automatic promotion place - pushing Christophe into the play-offs. At the bottom, it has also caused JamesP_81 to make the play-offs, whilst relegating mathematics along with AWOL Adamski. 

image.png.b2cf93692f8d717296d40ea950f58b1e.png

And at the top of the BHL, there lies wastecoatwilly, quietly discombobulating his depreciators. That really is one in the eye for those who say you can't achieve anything in life with a suspected spelling mistake in your username. The first ever "1" in his brown column is a worthy reward for a fine season of quizzing, and there's definitely no euphemisms or double-entendres to be had there. Arch Stanton - in his first season in professional quizzing - has accomplished a promotion due to the vagaries of BNQD. His achievement is all the more impressive since he's probably thinking "What the f**k is BNQD?". Well, it's also pushed NJ2 into the play-offs at the expense of Leeds Saint. 

image.png.0f15dd8ba08ce30dcbd371e9b267baf0.png

It was all over the news yesterday that Scotland is actually shipping all its medical waste disposal to a company in Wales. What didn't make the papers is that a Scottish football forum quiz league out-sources its play-off questions to Thailand. Step forward @SlipperyP

On 17/05/2019 at 08:33, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A ten for old Cardi. 

In your face, whoever it was that was ahead of me in the league.

p.s. THREE guesses. THREE of the b*****ds. Oh my giddy aunt. 

Is that the one in Canada with all the money? Has she been Skypeing you the answers?

Krop Kun Krap @Cardinal Richelieu I believe that is two promotions in succession.  You really are a bright boy.

Special mention to @Jacksgranda for coming last, well beaten again. :shutup

Anyway, two weeks from the last playoff, so let's getting pumping.

Starring this week;

Noel Gallagher - Morning Glory

@Tynierose v @Christophe

&

Elton John - Rocket Man

@JamesP_81 v @NJ2

Question - What date was Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary closed. DD/MM/YY

Answers by Monday morning 06:00 TT. PM only

Good Luck everyone

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Down below, Edmund - one of the old guard - will be licking his wounds in the SWL next season, along with Ziggy.... And as for the play-offs ... I've started playing Tynierose at a quiz game on Facebook and for a medical professional - it's rather disconcerting the number of medical question he gets wrong. Hopefully  SlipperyP won't come out with a "How many bones in the body?" type question or Tynierose will punted down to the SWL. 

A@SlipperyP

It's the way the questions are structured, honest.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And at the top of the BHL, there lies wastecoatwilly, quietly discombobulating his depreciators. That really is one in the eye for those who say you can't achieve anything in life with a suspected spelling mistake in your username. The first ever "1" in his brown column is a worthy reward for a fine season of quizzing, and there's definitely no euphemisms or double-entendres to be had there.

Growing up in the glasga slums I knew I was made for better things.
I'd like too thank my dad whoever he was plus this achievement is better than my best snooker break of 54 and my time in the 1988 Glasgow marathon of 3 hrs  7 minutes.
Thanks for those kind words your eminence I dedicate this achievement to my mum and world piece.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I like the fact I am one of only 3 participants to have a number in each column on the league table.

You should get the Cardinal to add a smug p***k one and you can have one there too.

Impressive feat tbf.