The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Bless you my innocent sweet child. 

A SUPERLEAGUE usually occurs when I've fucked up the league tables and it's too late to change them - so it's a rare treat to be participating in a SUPERLEAGUE where I'm not the culprit, the flamin' galahs. Put simply, everyone's in one big-f**k off league - and at the end of the season, the top 12 go into the Premiershit, next 12 into the SWL, and the rest into the BWVBHL. Of course, those teams that were promoted a couple of weeks ago might feel a bit aggrieved, but think of the joy on the faces of those teams that were relegated. Swings and roundabouts. 

"The world SUPERLEAGUE shalt always be capitalised" Paul's Letter to the Corinthians, chapter 3, v11

Even rarer than a SUPERLEAGUE is a MEGALEAGUE. I think we've only ever had one of these... this is where the leagues run over 2 weeks instead of 1. 

I don't think we've ever had a SUPERMEGALEAGUE, but I've gone a bit moist just thinking about it. 

This sounds absolutely fucking brilliant. I'm sure it will cause meltdowns galore. Thank you, your eminence.

Hi, I'm Cardinal Richelieu, and you may remember me from such league tables as Premiership 43 and BHL 68. 

Here's your latest SUPERLEAGUE. I was a bit worried about half the teams going AWOL due to the upheaval, but it's about the same for a normal Tuesday. Can't remember who said it, but since we're all achieving much higher scores, Slippery's going to be working overtime with his play-off questions. We might even have to move to a MEGALEAGUE format permanently if there are too many draws. How thrilling. 

image.thumb.png.e9fdbd0a5af5de60ffacadd51c4373e2.png

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Hi, I'm Cardinal Richelieu, and you may remember me from such league tables as Premiership 43 and BHL 68. 

Here's your latest SUPERLEAGUE. I was a bit worried about half the teams going AWOL due to the upheaval, but it's about the same for a normal Tuesday. Can't remember who said it, but since we're all achieving much higher scores, Slippery's going to be working overtime with his play-off questions. We might even have to move to a MEGALEAGUE format permanently if there are too many draws. How thrilling. 

I can see that your in-house artificial neural network running the BNQD algorithm may struggle with so many close scores but if it's a permanent superleague then, again, we're losing some of the charm of the thread.  Those of us who will never win 'the big one' still like to get promoted ahead of, say NJ2 or beat, say, Edmund in a Slippery play-off.  Not that it really gives me much satisfaction* getting in to the top flight ahead of the two mentioned, or, say The_DA.

You just need to extend the BNQD paradigm.  Easy examples:  Posting a score each day puts you ahead of those on equal points but who bunch their scores (sorry Salvo).  Having to be asked to finish the week's scores counts against you in the event of a tie (sorry alang1993). 

I'm sure others with more insight and imagination will come up with better options.

9/10 for Tue.

* it really gives me much satisfaction.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I can see that your in-house artificial neural network running the BNQD algorithm may struggle with so many close scores but if it's a permanent superleague then, again, we're losing some of the charm of the thread.  Those of us who will never win 'the big one' still like to get promoted ahead of, say NJ2 or beat, say, Edmund in a Slippery play-off.  Not that it really gives me much satisfaction* getting in to the top flight ahead of the two mentioned, or, say The_DA.

You just need to extend the BNQD paradigm.  Easy examples:  Posting a score each day puts you ahead of those on equal points but who bunch their scores (sorry Salvo).  Having to be asked to finish the week's scores counts against you in the event of a tie (sorry alang1993). 

I'm sure others with more insight and imagination will come up with better options.

9/10 for Tue.

* it really gives me much satisfaction.

Ah, but you failed to read my post. * swishes cane * .,.. I was proposing a MEGALEAGUE (which should really be called MEGALEAGUES), not a SUPERLEAGUE. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ah, but you failed to read my post. * swishes cane * .,.. I was proposing a MEGALEAGUE (which should really be called MEGALEAGUES), not a SUPERLEAGUE. 

I didn't *rolls eyes* but that only deals with this week and next.  Running a superleague for 2 weeks (my understanding of a MegaLeague) is just delaying the problem.  Are you advising Mrs May on Brexit?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I didn't *rolls eyes* but that only deals with this week and next.  Running a superleague for 2 weeks (my understanding of a MegaLeague) is just delaying the problem.  Are you advising Mrs May on Brexit?

No. This week is a SUPERLEAGUE. If it's very close, then the next week will be a MEGALEAGUE, i.e. 3 leagues run over 2 weeks. If that still doesn't work, then we'll think of something else, perhaps your idea. But I'm loathe to have to do any more work than I already do.