The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

After our very own international break the cup scores are in as follows:

@Eednud scored 7 and @peasy23 missed out with an average 6

Next is the late entrant @Salvo Montalbano scoring a decent 7 seeing off @JamesP_81 who scored a 5

last tie of this round sees @Helpma score 5 which isn't enough to see off @Christophe's 8

So here are the runners and riders in the next round of the cup:

@Christophe is hosting @Tynierose who will need to limber up again after spending a week on the quiz free beach

@Salvo Montalbano will host @Eednud

The quiz link is below as per normal if you could PM me your score once completed you have a week :)

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1903301151423571&cpy&

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

NZ Herald is almost quiz 24/7. Here’s their Sunday morning one, think they might have a lazy Sunday afternoon ... close my eyes and drift away.   7/10.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12217764

5/10. I blame putting the clocks forward.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

No they don’t do a lazy Sunday afternoon. 8/10.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12217768

6/10. I think putting the clocks forward helped.

So we're going with the quiz of the day as of tomorrow morning? I'll change the opening page accordingly to provide a link to the archive. A couple of things to consider:

1. There'll be no doing the Monday quiz on a Sunday afternoon. 
  2. This, along with the clocks change, will confuse the hell out of a lot of people. 

Still, vive le changement!

A desultory 3/10* for Monday and f**k Australian sport, Australian politicians and Japanese islands.  Oh and shame on me for posting before The Archers.

*Clearly not but I wanted to mark the end of quizzing epoch

Edited by The_Kincardine

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So we're going with the quiz of the day as of tomorrow morning? I'll change the opening page accordingly to provide a link to the archive. A couple of things to consider:

1. There'll be no doing the Monday quiz on a Sunday afternoon. 
  2. This, along with the clocks change, will confuse the hell out of a lot of people. 

Still, vive le changement!

What about being able to do the Monday quiz on a Monday morning?   Even warmed up with The Australian quiz. Remember that from the good old days? Might even have to do a NZ Herald one to while away the time waiting, waiting ....

Sorry, I'm out of the Quiz League. Just letting you know in case you want to promote or unrelegate someone in my place (think I was in the middle division?). I am still happy to partake in any cups or such like if anyone fancies tagging me. :)

It has been emotional. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Sorry, I'm out of the Quiz League. Just letting you know in case you want to promote or unrelegate someone in my place (think I was in the middle division?). I am still happy to partake in any cups or such like if anyone fancies tagging me. [emoji4]
It has been emotional. 

Is this your idea of an April Fool? Think it’s going to be a Suprasleague anyway.

Nah, hadn't even noticed the date to be honest! The Quiz of the Day is a good quiz, I think it's a good choice for here now that the ball-tampering roo-shaggers have fucked us over. But we already do it at work every afternoon. So if I was submitting a score it would be a joint effort which hardly seems fair. The alternative is just to punt my colleagues, but I'd rather not sacrifice one of very few things I enjoy during my incredibly tedious career. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Nah, hadn't even noticed the date to be honest! The Quiz of the Day is a good quiz, I think it's a good choice for here now that the ball-tampering roo-shaggers have fucked us over. But we already do it at work every afternoon. So if I was submitting a score it would be a joint effort which hardly seems fair. The alternative is just to punt my colleagues, but I'd rather not sacrifice one of very few things I enjoy during my incredibly tedious career. 

No worries although you could always post your work's score and rename yourself BWV Workers Collective. Sad to see you depart though and the Card should rename something in your honour for being honest although but not quite as bad as your dippy egg brother. :guinness

@Bully Wee Villa Sorry to see that you think your "workmates" are of more importance than a bunch of VL on a fitba forum. I wish you well in your new 'real' life. Turncoat c**t.

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/

Monday 1st April 2019, new era.

6/10

Spoiler

There is a Japenese Island question. Correctomundo

I see the bind that BWV is in. As long as it's a bientot and not adieu, then we'll have to accept it. Hopefully, he'll get the sack so he no longer has any colleagues to do the quiz of the day with ... but in the meantime, more than happy to rename the BHL the BWVBHL to honour one of the founding members. 

Onto league business. Btw, like the Aussie quiz, you can actually post a link to the latest quiz rather than today's quiz which should avoid some confusion (if only) ... also, with so many quizzes floating about the noo, please make it clear which day and quiz it relates to: 

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/850

Few grips with this quiz. Jacksgranda won't like "Northern Island" (nor do I to be fair) and several of the questions have hee-haw to do with the topic. Still, kudos to them for trolling us with a Japanese island question - this is their equivalent of a red carpet I guess. 

7/10 for the Cardinal

One more thing ... are we going to use their league or do you want to continue using our setup?