The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Fair enough. I think he's served his purpose. Normally, I'd "hilariously" give you a Dunfermline badge for a week or two, but I'll skip that particular hilarity ... you wanting a Falkirk crest - or as a special treat - a foxy bird actress? (although once you condense someone's picture down to 30pxs, nobody looks particularly foxy)

Falkirk crest is foxy enough for me. Thank you, your eminence.

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Fair enough. I think he's served his purpose. Normally, I'd "hilariously" give you a Dunfermline badge for a week or two, but I'll skip that particular hilarity ... you wanting a Falkirk crest - or as a special treat - a foxy bird actress? (although once you condense someone's picture down to 30pxs, nobody looks particularly foxy)

Edit: I changed Eednud's name to Edmund at least two years ago and I can't remember why. Still, I'm sure he chuckles every day when he sees it. I'm pretty sure his wife has started calling him Edmund. 

Think it was something to do with a cunning plan.  Or possibly a punning clan.

Edited by Eednud

On 3/14/2019 at 01:09, JamesP_81 said:

So to continue the pie and bovril pub quiz tour, I've just went and won the castle bar Inverness wednesday night pub quiz!! With the help of 1 local we romped it. I thought it was in general a fairly easy quiz with a few curveballs, good picture round and bonus points geared to help the less fortunate stay in it till the end.

Too little has been made of this IMO.  We had the P&B A Team going to Embra mob-handed and getting their collective arses felt but trying to turn tragedy in to triumph by making a cup round out of the questions they failed to answer.

Meanwhile, the real Don Quixote of our thread saunters in to a pub in The Sneck and wins actual silverware assisted by some teuchter Sancho Panza who was probably too drunk to know what a windmill was, far less how one tilts at it.

Before the leagues, a quote from Benito Mussolini. 

The League is very well when sparrows shout, but no good at all when eagles fall out.

Thanks for that Benito. Mind you, not even Il Duce himself could have predicted such a thrilling end to a league season. Plenty of teams were in the running for scooping the richest prize in the P+B Quiz Thread, but all but one shat the bed. Well done MSU - you are now the most decorated quiz team in the league (although a cup win still eludes him). Christophe takes 2nd place on BNQD over Salvo ...

Down below, it's incredibly tight as well ... BNQD again playing a factor. Well not for JamesP, his goose was cooked days ago ... but The DA is relegated and pleslie99 has a glimmer of hope in the play-offs. 

image.png.1b13c710263811555bec978d6d01129c.png

Petershill's Finest, Peasy23 gets gold (well silver) in the SWL. BNQD again rears its contentious head, promoting Helpma and leaving German Jag in the play-offs. At the other end, Mark Connolly shat the bed, mathematics couldn't hack it with the medium-sized boys, and yet again, BNQD is used to dump one of three teams into the play-off. And as luck would have it, it means that the 2 Edinburgh quiz attending boys - me and Adam101 - stay up, and the one who said he was coming then dinghied us at the 11th hour has to endure the play-offs. BNQD has a heart after all. 

image.png.53acaad6b3f7f88dabc592f2f938b5ad.png

And in the BHL - in his second season in charge (or first, if you exclude the aborted week where he did all the quizzes but just assumed that some wizardry happened to add his scores to the league table. This despite every single other team posting their scores every day), As Easterly as it gets! gets his first taste of success. I can see that ! becoming as annoying as the full stop at the end of Ross.'s username. Anyway, well done to AEAIG, and to Leedsy who is up-and-down more than the proverbial whore's drawers. And BNQD is working overtime today ... Ziggy's in the play-offs at the expense of The Captain.

image.png.bb8830d4074cdcc9a04cd3d906c78a53.png

So it's over to @SlipperyP to post this week's thaibreaker. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu