The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Can't find the scores just now (it'd be a shame if my moment of near-glory has been removed from the internet - or maybe the quizzing website just isn't easy to navigate) but I'm sure it was open to competitors across the globe, so I like to claim that I was right up there internationally...

I’d forgotten it was an international event. You were second in the world then, leaving the likes of David Stainer and Pat Gibson trailing in your wake. Some achievement. 

Took me a while to find the scores, but after digging around the Quizzing archive for a while I eventually found them. Will PM you the link.

Edited by Frankie S

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • The Captain - misses out Thursday despite me nagging him. 
  • G_Man1985 - misses out Monday, does Tuesday and Wednesday, hasn't been since 
  • Wilky1878 - apologised for missing last week and said he'd be back. isn't
  • AFJ - does he still exist?
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then doesn't do so much as 1 quiz. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10758819

Your eminence 

The Captain sends his most humble apologies, thought I had submitted my mighty score of 5 earlier.. It seems I forgot. Nag away kind of suits you.. 

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • The Captain - misses out Thursday despite me nagging him. 
  • G_Man1985 - misses out Monday, does Tuesday and Wednesday, hasn't been since 
  • Wilky1878 - apologised for missing last week and said he'd be back. isn't
  • AFJ - does he still exist?
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then doesn't do so much as 1 quiz. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10758819

I've done 3.

Didn't realise I had to post the scores!

Thought it was one of those sooper dooper sites that did it all for me??????

22 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

If you return I'll try to get over and say hello! I was the makeweight in the Golden Rulers, but I do float between teams depending on who's short or who requires expertise on non league fitbaw or Little Mix. 

I've never been to Bo'ness but I recognise a pattern here...

5 for Friday to f**k my chances of promotion.

46 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Lost for words.. Cup winner... Massive coupon buster of a result. Commiserations to pleslie99 and NJ2 and well done to Eednud for bringing home the bacon.. Tynieness bring the champagne on Sunday morning.. 

Well done. That's 3 in a row for me, I think.

16 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

I've done 3.

Didn't realise I had to post the scores!

Thought it was one of those sooper dooper sites that did it all for me??????

Hahahaha! If only. The way it works is:

1. Everyone posts their scores at random intervals, and I sift through them all, sometimes deciphering which day they're referring to - or given the proliferation of other quizzes that get posted - interpreting which quiz they relate to. I then add them to one of three league tables - the structure of which sometimes changes on the whim of its teams. 
  2. I then chase teams for their missing scores, sometimes tagging them (although sometimes not). I've even been known to provide an SMS reminder service for the teams that I have mobile numbers for. Once I've collated all the scores, I order the tables, assign rankings and medals, then copy, crop and paste them into this thread each Saturday morning. 
  3. You'd think that with these administrative overheads, the teams would cut a little slack when the occasional error creeps in, but nope. Even the most inconsequential flaw sees me pilloried by a number of teams -  usually calling me unkind and yet unimaginative names like "The Cardigan" or "Cardinal Richiepoo". Might I propose in future - "Cardinal Calamity" - it has a nice ring to it. 

Anyway, time to put my toys back in the pram and post this week's tables. And what an exciting season it's been - they've had to cancel all annual leave at the engravers. 

First, in the Premiership - there's a new name on the trophy!!! The engravers were enquiring what The DA stood for. Is it District Attorney? Dirty Arabs? Dundonian Affectations? It doesn't really matter - congrats to him. He's been plugging away at the quiz for a long time now, and he's finally getting his reward. Tynierose is 2nd, and Edmund's scooped his 3rd cup. Down below, it's the dunce's cap for German Jag, peasy23 is down to BNQD and Caspian Chris is in the play-offs. 

image.png.8ba71460dd668bc874b6145555455ea2.png

Over in the SWL -  there's a new name on the trophy!!!  Congratulations to JamesP_81 - what he lacks in username creativity he makes up for with quizzing nous. pleslie99 joins him at the top-table, and Kincardine's in the play-offs. Down below, gkneil is AWOL and the English contingent, BWV and Leeds Saint are tied on 28 points. Of course, BWV tried playing the "mod's privilege" card, but didn't need to cos he's sneaked into the play-offs on BNQD. 

image.png.43bde9d7fd1f8d0e08f3f28990030d29.png

And down in the BHL- there's a new name on the trophy!!!  It's all adding up for mathematics, who romped the league with a 4 point margin over Mark Connolly. And a special mention to The Captain who was told all through growing up that he'd never amount to anything - and now he has a cup win to wave in the face of his detractors. 

SlipperyP gets a well-deserved play-off space which means that he can't pose this week's play-off question! (well he could, but it would quite rightly lead to calls of chicanery and nepotism). 

image.png.e88569aa664dc169bf2935e3c5774ba5.png

So does anyone fancy doing the honours and tagging the 4 play-off teams?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm sure I speak for all when I say thankyou to the Cardinal for all the work he puts into sorting the league.

Also well done to all the new winners this week.  Great too see.

Right, that's me been nice for the day, I'm away to ban some c**t now.

And thank you too, for your tireless work in putting together all these cup competitions. 

Hmmm. All this bonhomie doesn't really feel right, does it?