The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

I never really pay any attention to this this thread so when the teams were announced I was wondering if the Pie & Bovril Reserves team was anything to do with this fine website.  Decent effort for a first shot - it's a really tough quiz.  I've been doing it for years and have never come anywhere near winning (or even answering any questions, it sometimes feels like...)

Too modest Hip Priest (there can’t be too many Bo’ness supporters who come to the Champions Quiz). Seem to remember you got an exceptional score in the Brain of Football Quiz last year. Not just the best in the room, but right up there nationally. Hopefully there will be a Brain of Football 2019 too.

I was snowed under with work for past few days so missed Thursdays quiz, clicked the link posted, done the quiz and got a 7. Got through the thread, found Fridays link and started the quiz only to realise it was the same questions, had to hunt the archive.....yes I know, 1st world problems for this pish!
Anyway after fumbling about in the dark....
7 for Friday
7 for Thursday
Completed in that order.

Oh and NJ2, I hope you brought your A game to the cup cause I must've stepped in some dog shit whilst walking under a ladder and getting crapped on by a seagull. I'm retiring a happy man after my score.......

I have been carried to the final by luck and my partners, I can’t believe both have deserted me for the final.

14 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

5 for Friday. Seeing as there's been a bit of talk about actual real life pub quizzes does anyone know of any quizzes in Inverness on a Wednesday night? Up there next week.

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • The Captain - misses out Thursday despite me nagging him. 
  • G_Man1985 - misses out Monday, does Tuesday and Wednesday, hasn't been since 
  • Wilky1878 - apologised for missing last week and said he'd be back. isn't
  • AFJ - does he still exist?
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then doesn't do so much as 1 quiz. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10758819

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

14 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This site might help: http://www.pubquizzy.com/index.php/highlands-argyll-a-the-western-isles/pub-quizzes-a-z/81-wednesday ... though I can't vouch for its accuracy, so it might be worth phoning ahead.

What a fecking omnishambles the leagues are this week. We're missing a couple of scores from Salvo as per, and Kincardine / BIK / Ross are yet to post. gkneil hasn't been about all week. But the real f**k-ups are:

• Alang1993 - posts his Friday score, but doesn't bother with the rest of the week
  • The Captain - misses out Thursday despite me nagging him. 
  • G_Man1985 - misses out Monday, does Tuesday and Wednesday, hasn't been since 
  • Wilky1878 - apologised for missing last week and said he'd be back. isn't
  • AFJ - does he still exist?
  • But most of all ... @As Easterly as it gets! sweeps into the thread with great gusto then does do so much as 1 quiz. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10758819

3 strikes and they’re  oot, your eminence!

13 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Too modest Hip Priest (there can’t be too many Bo’ness supporters who come to the Champions Quiz). Seem to remember you got an exceptional score in the Brain of Football Quiz last year. Not just the best in the room, but right up there nationally. Hopefully there will be a Brain of Football 2019 too.

Can't find the scores just now (it'd be a shame if my moment of near-glory has been removed from the internet - or maybe the quizzing website just isn't easy to navigate) but I'm sure it was open to competitors across the globe, so I like to claim that I was right up there internationally...

50 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Can't find the scores just now (it'd be a shame if my moment of near-glory has been removed from the internet - or maybe the quizzing website just isn't easy to navigate) but I'm sure it was open to competitors across the globe, so I like to claim that I was right up there internationally...

Also, having lived in Bo'ness for several years, and another quiz stalwart, Tynienrose (nee Tynieness) being involved with the football team, maybe Bo'ness is a breeding ground for hot young quiz talent (plus me).