The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Feck. Drunken Richelieu kinda wishes he didn't agree to this now ... but I'm nothing if not a man of God ... might have to discount some of the more outlandish suggestions! Here they are:

• The Kirk in the Scottish Diaspora 1643 to 1850.  (no prizes for guessing who came up with that)
  • Julio-Claudian Dynasty (Bully Wee Villa) ... I don't even know what this is? 
  • Hells Angels (NJ2)
  • Prog and Neo-Prog Rock from the 1980s (AFJ) ... couldn't name one band that these categories apply to 
  • Organic Chemistry (Helpma)
  • Alan Clarke TV Plays (Christophe)
  • Scottish Junior Football (BigBo10)
  • Mathematics or Oz the TV show (mathematics) - Mathematics it is then!
  • Aussie cop show Blue Healers, the wines of the Rhone Valley, or the lingerie preferences of Rachel Stevens... (Tynierose) 
  • stuff about countries, capital cities, flags, maps, stuff like that. (Adamski) - I like the cut of this guy's jib. An early contender for cup success
  • Japanese islands, Scottish born Socceroos, the A-League, deadly Australian wildlife, wids through the ages from Neighbours and Home & Away (this must be  a pictorial topic), the adventures of Barry McKenzie. (Eednud) ... wtf ... how many topics do you want?!

Right. Here's how I think it's going to work:

1. Similar to the play-offs, all questions will be a number / date etc ... the closer each team gets to the correct answer the more points they get.
  2. Any team that wants to participate will have 1 week to submit their answers via PM
  3. Haven't worked out exactly how the scoring system will work but I might just keep its inner machinations to myself to avoid arguments. 

How does that sound?

What about my suggestion? Have I upset you that much? :( 

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The 7 I posted for Monday was actually Tuesday.

Now when I click on Monday’s I get tuesday’s again,

Help?

Do Tuesday's again. When you check your score look at the bottom of that page where you'll see "Try another quiz!". 

On 2/7/2019 at 21:43, Tynierose said:

giphy.gif

Here are the half time scores in the B & D final

@pleslie99 8

@Salvo Montalbano 8

@German Jag 8

@Eednud 8

@NJ2 7

@Adamski 7

@Rugster 6 

@Ross. 5

So we have the final scores

In eighth is @Ross.

In seventh is @Salvo Montalbano

Tied third is @Adamski @German Jag  @Rugster @NJ2

Second place is .......   @pleslie99 piiped by one point

And the winner with an impressive 17 out of 20 is @Eednud

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well done to Eednud and all the participants.   @Cardinal Richelieucan do the next one, I will be back...

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

So we have the final scores

In eighth is @Ross.

In seventh is @Salvo Montalbano

Tied third is @Adamski @German Jag  @Rugster @NJ2

Second place is .......   @pleslie99 piiped by one point

And the winner with an impressive 17 out of 20 is @Eednud

giphy.gifWell done to Eednud and all the participants.   @Cardinal Richelieucan do the next one, I will be back...

Apart from the team cups think that's my first cup win. Almost a double as well, if it wasn't for that stupid algorithm hocus pocus rigmarole. What a squad that was last season, results so far show they haven't stopped celebrating.