The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So, we bring ourselves to the conclusion of the cup. 

The destination of the trophy is already decided. If this was the Ryder Cup, the remaining players would all just shake hands and agree to share the spoils. 

But this is NOT the Ryder Cup, and as you can see from the post below... 

NJ2 said:

An absolute fucking battering of those little slugs. To think those crusaders will need to go back to their friends and families with an unspoken shame, PLEASING. Well done Lions, one and all! [emoji881][emoji881][emoji881]

... such Corinthian values have no place in the white-hot atmosphere of the Dotting Invincibles Cup of Kings (no, I was never sure about the name, either). 

It's dog eat dog, and it's to the finish. Can Lincoln's Lions grind the Crusaders' noses into the dirt, or can Christophe's cowed comrades restore some pride? 

After watching his fellow Arab Caspian Chris sink the winning putt (okay, yes, it is a bit like the Ryder Cup), The DA is in no mood for showing mercy as he follows up a nine and and eight with another nine. Nobody likes a show-off. 

Peasy23 is not just representing himself, or the Crusaders. As a Petershill fan, he's here as representative of the Junior diddies. But his score is only equal to the average number of teeth per Junior supporter... three. 

It's the first of today's geographically-confused Thistle fans. With the ruthless efficiency of one of his neighbours converting in a penalty shoot-out, German Jag hammered home a solid seven. 

Audaces Fortuna Juvat takes a break from touring obscure football grounds in Moldova, or wherever he is this week, to submit a less-than-thrilling three. 

Now time for the score of NJ2. Is he two? Was he born in the year two? Or does he just really like individual little ducks? We may never know. But we do know... that he's produced another solid score for the Champions Elect. Eight. 

Leeds Saint might need divine inspiration to win this. He doesn't get it, and he'll be as popular with the locals as a Lancastrian thanks to his plodding three. That's the first three games of the day to the runaway winners. 

wastecoatwilly has given off the air of someone who doesn't care too much throughout the quiz. A devil-may-care Maverick who does what he wants, doesn't play by the rules but who, occasionally, gets results. After failing to master the art of PMs throughout the contest, he then pipes up on the penultimate day of the competition with a "wit's this quiz aw aboot, then?" post. Bloody rebel. Six. 

Cowden0 is, frankly, far too good for this team. He'll be talking to his agent about getting a move to the big time, a big city with bright lights. As he's used to Cowdenbeath, somewhere like Methil or Largs will probably do. Eight. 

Like me, you're probably on tenterhooks worrying about whether SlipperyP can submit another score starting with an "s". Well, worry no more. Yes he can! It's a very, very slippery six from the Siamese Slipmeister. 

Welshbairn spends a lot of time on his own in nightclubs. But he clearly hasn't spent the time revising. Three. 

The second geographically-confused Jag is DublinMagyar. He picks his phone up from its Maryhill/Dublin/Budapest location to send over a five. 

gkneil betters the score of his fellow Aberdonian, Scotfree. Although just bothering to actually turn up made that pretty likely. It's a six, and the Crusaders have won two of the last three. Where was this form when they needed it? 

And bringing the cup to its conclusion... Eednud has been another powerhouse for the Lions, and he twats home another enin. 

For Goober Bud, the end of this competition can't come quickly enough. Luckily for him, the end is... now. Three. 

So, as we end the tournament, the Lions have dominated the last day as they dominated most of the others. 

The final score... 

LINCOLN'S LIONS 22.5 CHRISTOPHE'S CRUSADERS 10.5.

Trophy presentation to follow. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Time to present the trophy. 

Firstly, commiserations to Christophe's Crusaders. They gave it their all, but it just wasn't enough on this occasion. 

Their captain, Christophe, did himself proud with two points, as did gkneil and blackislekilliepleslie99 produced some great quizzing, with 2.5 points from his three games. But his comments on social media criticising his teammates are likely to cause problems in the dressing room.

The star man, though, was Cowden0. He won all three matches and takes home the Christophe's Crusaders Supporters' Player of the Tournament award. 

Time to congratulate our champions, Lincoln's Lions

First up, a hearty well done to Caspian Chris. He had the honour of securing the game-winning point. In gaining two points overall, he is joined by The Captain, Salvo Montalbano and Ziggy. They can all give themselves a pat on the back, as can Tynierose, MSU, NJ2 and SlipperyP. They all scored 2.5 points. 

The real heroes, though? Step forward Eednud, The DA and Helpma. They all managed an epic three wins out of three.

As Eednud and The DA were the equal highest-scoring players, with three wins and twenty-six correct answers each, it seems fair that they split the individual awards. So well done to Eednud, who takes home the Lincoln's Lions Supporters' Player of the Tournament prize, while The DA collects the Most Valuable Player accolade. 

That only leaves me to dish out the trophy. Lincoln Hearts , stop dotting for one bloody minute to come and collect the cup, please. 

You might be wondering who the woman in the picture is. Well, when you put "Dotty trophy" into Google Images, it doesn't come up with many dotty trophies. But it does come up with a picture of a woman called Dotty holding a trophy. I thought about using my extensive (non-existent) Photoshop skills to create a trophy but then thought "ah f**k it, that'll do". 

So, I'm sure you'll all join me in congratulating Dotty Allen, who was named Tavistock Athletic Club Player of the Month for May, 2011. Well done Dotty! And well done to... 

LINCOLN'S LIONS! DOTTING INVINCIBLES CUP OF KINGS CHAMPIONS!!! :cheers

dotty.jpg

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Well done to BWV for organising such a fine competition and great write-ups (despite the occasional Cardinal bashing). And has he finally achieved what so many tried and failed to do, and made LincolnHearts and Christophe agree to a truce? (not seen a red dot for a couple of days!).

Incidentally, I've never been on the winning side of any of these occasional cups. Make of that what you will. 

Hopefully someone who isn't me will dream up a competition around the 6 nations or some other sporting event. 

Meanwhile, here are your Betty Grables for Thursday.

image.png.51aebd02ec531cfd4e7e58c67405879e.png

image.png.4227f0703efa8d3bb43dd17228aa3bea.png

And alang1993 has managed to pull his usual trick of missing out a day's score. 

image.png.d7800f28a8372ec7724f0fff31c4088c.png

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Time to present the trophy. 

Firstly, commiserations to Christophe's Crusaders. They gave it their all, but it just wasn't enough on this occasion. 

Their captain, Christophe, did himself proud with two points, as did gkneil and blackislekilliepleslie99 produced some great quizzing, with 2.5 points from his three games. But his comments on social media criticising his teammates are likely to cause problems in the dressing room.

The star man, though, was Cowden0. He won all three matches and takes home the Christophe's Crusaders Supporters' Player of the Tournament award. 

Time to congratulate our champions, Lincoln's Lions

First up, a hearty well done to Caspian Chris. He had the honour of securing the game-winning point. In gaining two points overall, he is joined by The Captain, Salvo Montalbano and Ziggy. They can all give themselves a pat on the back, as can Tynierose, MSU, NJ2 and SlipperyP. They all scored 2.5 points. 

The real heroes, though? Step forward Eednud, The DA and Helpma. They all managed an epic three wins out of three.

As Eednud and The DA were the equal highest-scoring players, with three wins and twenty-six correct answers each, it seems fair that they split the individual awards. So well done to Eednud, who takes home the Lincoln's Lions Supporters' Player of the Tournament prize, while The DA collects the Most Valuable Player accolade. 

That only leaves me to dish out the trophy. Lincoln Hearts , stop dotting for one bloody minute to come and collect the cup, please. 

You might be wondering who the woman in the picture is. Well, when you put "Dotty trophy" into Google Images, it doesn't come up with many dotty trophies. But it does come up with a picture of a woman called Dotty holding a trophy. I thought about using my extensive (non-existent) Photoshop skills to create a trophy but then thought "ah f**k it, that'll do". 

So, I'm sure you'll all join me in congratulating Dotty Allen, who was named Tavistock Athletic Club Player of the Month for May, 2011. Well done Dotty! And well done to... 

LINCOLN'S LIONS! DOTTING INVINCIBLES CUP OF KINGS CHAMPIONS!!! :cheers

dotty.jpg

Thank You to my team and to Bully Wee Villa for organising this procession competition.

Well done to The DA and Eedund  who  are worthy recipients of the MVP award. The decision to have them both towards the bottom order of the batting was an insurance policy we never needed in the end. Looking forward to doing it all again (hopefully with the same teams and maybe even more players)

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well done to BWV for organising such a fine competition and great write-ups (despite the occasional Cardinal bashing). And has he finally achieved what so many tried and failed to do, and made LincolnHearts and Christophe agree to a truce? (not seen a red dot for a couple of days!).

Incidentally, I've never been on the winning side of any of these occasional cups. Make of that what you will. 

Hopefully someone who isn't me will dream up a competition around the 6 nations or some other sporting event. 

Meanwhile, here are your Betty Grables for Thursday.

He hasn't been on my profile for a few days, so maybe the dots have stopped?