The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
51 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
And a 5 from your favourite Cardinal. I'm off to Aviemore at the crack of dawn, so don't expect any league tables before Wednesday. 

We are used to your PT antics now

Cardinals have feelings too :(

The scores are in and I have earache.

This weekend play off 

Champs

@scotfree  Hi, mate. Not sure if I'm too late or not for my answer. But, my answer is/was 13,500. Cheers.v @Leeds SaintStab in the dark at 3400

Chimps

@JamesP_81 Given the variety of bird species I've encountered in the Hamilton Palace alone I'd estimate somewhere in the region of 15000 v @Helpma 300,001 species of birds. v @Christophe 44,999

This weekend playoff question was Nature.  How many different bird types/species on Earth at the moment.

Correct answer 10,303

Congratulations @scotfree @JamesP_81 

Away for a pint:guinness

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The scores are in and I have earache.

This weekend play off 

JamesP_81 Given the variety of bird species I've encountered in the Hamilton Palace alone I'd estimate somewhere in the region of 15000 v Helpma 300,001 species of birds. v Christophe 44,999

This weekend playoff question was Nature.  How many different bird types/species on Earth at the moment.

Correct answer 10,303

Evidently I was counting all the burds I've had. In my imagination

Edited by Helpma
OCD

5/10 for Monday. Not the worst return. Enjoyed the Space Shuttle question. I was at a 21st birthday party on the night it happened, and the DJ ended the night by playing a depressing cover of Bryan Adams "Heaven", which he dedicated to the folk who lost their lives, completely killing the mood and ruining the poor girls birthday party. She went mental at the DJ afterwards and caused a huge scene in doing so. It absolutely made my night.

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Correct answer 10,303

Some mad twitcher has spotted 9000 of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/worlds-greatest-birdwatcher-sets-a-new-record-then-hangs-up-his-binoculars-8210960.html