The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
13 hours ago, Tynieness said:
What about injuries, hangovers etc.

I'm endorsing this tbh. Walking along, come across a nice wee pub/town, spend a few days drinking with the locals, lose track of time. 1000 hours isn't that put I don't think. I wouldn't do it any quicker tbh

I'm not letting this go. 

1,000 hours would have been a quite reasonably guess. 10,000 on the other hand?!? You'd have time to stop off at a nice wee pub, spend a few days drinking with the locals, meet one of the local's buxom daughter whom you subsequently get up the duff, hang around for 9 months until little Sergei and Veronika are born, and STILL make it to Kaliningrad with time to spare. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm not letting this go. 

1,000 hours would have been a quite reasonably guess. 10,000 on the other hand?!? You'd have time to stop off at a nice wee pub, spend a few days drinking with the locals, meet one of the local's buxom daughter whom you subsequently get up the duff, hang around for 9 months until little Sergei and Veronika are born, and STILL make it to Kaliningrad with time to spare. 

If that happened I would do it in 500 hours.

QWC2018 Quarter Final Results:
Peru (pleslie99) 7 v 8 Saudi Arabia (cowden0)
You can't afford a 7 when Saudi Ar8bia are in town! Yeah, I used it again, so what?! A very tight affair, pleslie99 thought his Peruvian army may fall short and ultimately they have but only just.
Germany (Cardi) 8 v 10 Ellan Vannin (afj)
A clash of the titans sees our glorious leader fall on his sword. A respectable score but nothing you can do against full marks unfortunately! Surely EV are less than evs in the betting now?!
Uruguay (peasy23) 7 v 8 Iceland (dublinmaygar)
Another very tight affair but dublinmaygar's outstanding knowledge (he knew all 8 he got right!) was enough to see off peasy, who will be even more seething at the few he got wrong now.
Brazil (bullyweevilla) 6 v 8 Poland (salvo)
England, done. Brazil, done! Salvo steams on. Bully thought a 6 might not be enough and it wasn't. Not miles away but the run has taken it's toll on the South Americans.
Note: All 4 away sides won...an omen? Who knows?
Right, so semi-bloody-finals it is then!!
Saudi Arabia (cowden0) v Ellan Vanning (afj)
I think I can probably stick the 8 in for Saudi now  but can Ellan Vannin match or beat it, they'll be brimming with confidence after a dominant performance!
Iceland (dublinmaygar) v Poland (salvo)
Iceland just keep on clapping! Doing all that has been asked but Poland have taken some big scalps already!
Suppose you'll need some questions then...
 As we near the end, time to consider the openers;
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/14/world-cup-quiz-opening-games
I'll say a deadline of the end of the week, results confirmed over the weekend, with the final to be Wednesday 11th July with the result to be announced Friday 13th, seems fitting and will allow the winner the weekend to celebrate and presumably buy the organisers a pint or two [emoji4] 

Just FYI, two of the semi-finalists have still to enter their score. You know who you are chaps. If you can get them in today or tomorrow, I’ll do results on Friday (if a playoff on Saturday is required) or Saturday (if not). At least England won’t be winning this World Cup.