The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

14 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

6 for Thursday

edit FRIDAY.

Is that 6 for both Thursday and Friday?

Quite a few people missing .. .Welshbairn ... the quiz appears to be fixed ... also, ,Helpma (Friday), Dyl (Thu-Fri), Armade Killie (Wed-Fri),  Aidan (Tue-Fri), Leeds Saint / MSU / gkneil (All week). 

15 hours ago, Helpma said:

7/10 for Friday, 5 of them guesses.  It would have been 10/10, but my brain was still numb from watching the England- Belgium game

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Quite a few people missing .. .Welshbairn ... the quiz appears to be fixed ... also, ,Helpma (Friday), Dyl (Thu-Fri), Armade Killie (Wed-Fri),  Aidan (Tue-Fri), Leeds Saint / MSU / gkneil (All week). 

Do you mean that Friday there then?  Odd, I would have sworn I posted it   :unsure2:

What’s the backup plan to the SUPERLEAGUE?
QWC2018 update will be after work tonight. The ceremony has started now but in typical UEFA fashion it’s going last 6 hours

50 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

What’s the backup plan to the SUPERLEAGUE?
QWC2018 update will be after work tonight. The ceremony has started now but in typical UEFA fashion it’s going last 6 hours

There is no back-up to the SUPERLEAGUE. If it fails, Armageddon will arrive and we'll be scraping about in the scorched earth looking for something to eat. 

There is no back-up to the SUPERLEAGUE. If it fails, Armageddon will arrive and we'll be scraping about in the scorched earth looking for something to eat. 

Nah, after Armageddon we begun the banter years. You’ve whet my appetite for failure of the SUPERLEAGUE!

Right then, your results for QWC2018 are as follows;
Peru (pleslie99) 9 v 6 Argentina (eednud)
Forget the Peru 2, this was the Peru 9! Argentina with a respectable 6 but never stood a chance. I'm sure Diego has still enjoyed his World Cup all the same but time for him to go home and calm down.
Saudi Arabia (cowden0) 8 v 3 Portugal (blackislekillie)
SAUDI AR8BIA, amirite?! Cowden0 has led his charges on masterfully, he claims it was thanks to eeny meenie miny mo but I'm not even sure what position mr mo plays!
Serbia (the Kincardine) 3 v 5 Germany (the cardinal)
A very tight affair but as always (well, no this year) ze germans sneak through! Kincardine may be the best at reading but answering not so much.
Ellan Vannin (afj) 9 v 4 Senegal (helpma)
He's carried the continent but for helpma the dream is over, as he said. Ellan Vannin sail on!
Spain (msu) 6 v 8 Uruguay (peasy23)
Peasy is thanking the history channel for his strong score in this round and it was enough to see off the spirited Spaniards.
France (ziggy) 5 v 8 Iceland (dublinmaygar)
'Isn't there a France and whoever is beating France tie?' was the question posed and yes, yes there is and this is it. More thunderclaps await!
Mexico (tynieness) 6 v 7 Brazil (bullyweevilla)
The closest tie of the round and presumably brazilweevilla will mysteriously banned forthwith for having the audacity to dump tynie out...we wave goodbye to Mexico.
Poland (salvo) 10 v 8 England (scotfree)
England (and note his name is Scot-free!) have been seen off and we all breathe a sigh of relief. #weareallsalvo. Must note salvo has slotted home a full marker here and is surely hotly tipped to lead Poland all the way!

Thankfully no playoff's required, thank you all!

Starting to get to the business end and here's the big games;
Peru (pleslie99) v Saudi Arabia (cowden0)
Germany (cardinal) v Ellan Vannin (afj)
Uruguay (peasy23) v Iceland (dublinmaygar)
Brazil (bullyweevilla) v Poland (salvo)

Here's the big questions;
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/26/world-cup-quiz-what-happened-next

What happens next? Well, all answers to be submitted by some point on, let's say, Tuesday next week and we'll find out!

Thank you for joining me today with results, quarter final draw and questions for this years QWC2018.

Right then, your results for QWC2018 are as follows;
Peru (pleslie99) 9 v 6 Argentina (eednud)
Forget the Peru 2, this was the Peru 9! Argentina with a respectable 6 but never stood a chance. I'm sure Diego has still enjoyed his World Cup all the same but time for him to go home and calm down.
Saudi Arabia (cowden0) 8 v 3 Portugal (blackislekillie)
SAUDI AR8BIA, amirite?! Cowden0 has led his charges on masterfully, he claims it was thanks to eeny meenie miny mo but I'm not even sure what position mr mo plays!
Serbia (the Kincardine) 3 v 5 Germany (the cardinal)
A very tight affair but as always (well, no this year) ze germans sneak through! Kincardine may be the best at reading but answering not so much.
Ellan Vannin (afj) 9 v 4 Senegal (helpma)
He's carried the continent but for helpma the dream is over, as he said. Ellan Vannin sail on!
Spain (msu) 6 v 8 Uruguay (peasy23)
Peasy is thanking the history channel for his strong score in this round and it was enough to see off the spirited Spaniards.
France (ziggy) 5 v 8 Iceland (dublinmaygar)
'Isn't there a France and whoever is beating France tie?' was the question posed and yes, yes there is and this is it. More thunderclaps await!
Mexico (tynieness) 6 v 7 Brazil (bullyweevilla)
The closest tie of the round and presumably brazilweevilla will mysteriously banned forthwith for having the audacity to dump tynie out...we wave goodbye to Mexico.
Poland (salvo) 10 v 8 England (scotfree)
England (and note his name is Scot-free!) have been seen off and we all breathe a sigh of relief. #weareallsalvo. Must note salvo has slotted home a full marker here and is surely hotly tipped to lead Poland all the way!

Thankfully no playoff's required, thank you all!

Starting to get to the business end and here's the big games;
Peru (pleslie99) v Saudi Arabia (cowden0)
Germany (cardinal) v Ellan Vannin (afj)
Uruguay (peasy23) v Iceland (dublinmaygar)
Brazil (bullyweevilla) v Poland (salvo)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/26/world-cup-quiz-what-happened-next
What happens next? Well, all answers to be submitted by some point on, let's say, Tuesday next week and we'll find out!
Thank you for joining me today with results, quarter final draw and questions for this years QWC2018.

Rewarded for swording England by being given a tie v Brazil? Should have rested my guys for the final group game...

Rewarded for swording England by being given a tie v Brazil? Should have rested my guys for the final group game...

To win it you’ve to beat the best. Judging by the coverage I thought England had already won the whole by getting beat...

59 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

4/10 for that. Could have been 8, went the wrong way on 4 50/50s.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

True. Tried to send you a pm but it won't let me... is your inbox full? Will try again when I get home.

I’m not sure. It’ll be all throbbers boaby pics. I’ll delete some the now anyway so should work later

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'll double check CR, but I'm sure I was a 5 for Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Helpma said:

Honestly, beaten by a made up country ...... :wacko:

The Manx Male Voice Militia are most unhappy with that comment and are preparing to take up arms knitting/crocheting or suchlike.

5 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Excellent work sir, great stuff.

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

Useless Mexican fuckers, how do I subscribe to the Donald's wall building fund?

Good luck to those that are left, apart from @Audaces Fortuna Juvat who is a fud.

Well done to @NJ2for organising it all.  You see @Cardinal Richelieu, quizzing can be fun.

Away and fling shite at the moon YCY. When I fall into a hedge and puke after a moderate afternoons' drinking then you can call me a fud.