The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

8 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Apologies again, having trouble finding time to check in daily these days. 7 for Tues, 8 Wed, 7 Thurs and 7 Fri. Guessometer not really firing this week. Got every Aussie sport question wrong, must be on about 5% overall hit rate on Aussie sport.

Cheers. Cowden0 will be heartbroken ;)

Right. That's the deadline been and gone. A few teams still missing... I tried extending the deadline but the beaks at HQ weren't having it. 

In the Premiership, Cowden0 has finally achieved his lifetime dream of wining the top gong. They'll be dancing on the streets of Tournafulla tonight. WRK is in second, gkneil and pleslie99 bombed, and Blackislekillie is in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.ca9f103da647fa072160cc4edb5fad2e.png

And they'll also be dancing on the streets of Petershill, as Peasy23 secures his first ever silver medal, in fact, medal of any description. Well done to him. P_K is promoted, and Leedsy is in another play-off. Down below, deej is down (although he was probably down anyway)... irvine_buddie returns to the comforting bosom of the BHL and Jagfox99 - usually so reliable - scratches his match and is in the play-off. 

2-steal.png.422e06992057cb9f66f302a0b41984d4.png

And finally, in the BHL, why who's that handsome manager sitting atop the league? Why it's only your very own Cardinal Richelieu. They'll be dancing on the streets of Gay Paris this evening. The Captain's internet holds out to secure 2nd spot, and Dee_62 clinches the play-off on Quiz Difference.  

3-beazer.png.378a03ff85e67e70de24490ab1a62d76.png

So the play-off is between @blackislekillie and @Leeds Saint  + @jagfox99 and @dee_62...

And to celebrate my momentous achievement, let's have a Dogtanian question...how many questions of Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds were made?

Answers in by Monday at 9am please. 

On 07/09/2017 at 21:36, Helpma said:

5/10 again.  Seven guesses, got the character and the pie right, the rest can go stuff themselves.

Just as well the 5/10 I posted on Friday didn't change anything then.  To be fair, I could (should?) have reposted it when it was clear it had been missed, but then where would be the fun in that? :P 

45 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Just as well the 5/10 I posted on Friday didn't change anything then.  To be fair, I could (should?) have reposted it when it was clear it had been missed, but then where would be the fun in that? :P 

I'm (not) literally speechless. 

No dancing on the streets of Abu Dhabi for you. 

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And they'll also be dancing on the streets of Petershill, as Peasy23 secures his first ever silver medal, in fact, medal of any description. Well done to him. P_K is promoted, and Leedsy is in another play-off. Down below, deej is down (although he was probably down anyway)... irvine_buddie returns to the comforting bosom of the BHL and Jagfox99 - usually so reliable - scratches his match and is in the play-off. 

2-steal.png.422e06992057cb9f66f302a0b41984d4.png

@blackislekillie@Leeds Saint

tumblr_m3e5mielSy1rt0zdlo1_400.gif

I have never felt so humble to see my name etched in posterity on the trophy alongside all the illustrious previous champions.
The dancing on the streets of Tournafulla will tale place as soon as I am deemed well enough to go home. Five fechin months stuck between Tralee and Limerick hospitals. The quiz has meant more to me than you could possibly imagine. The highlight of every dreary day. Home soon though as I have been assured. I thank you all and in particular his Eminence for making this possible.

Sent from my VF-895N using Pie and Bovril mobile app

10 hours ago, cowden0 said:

I have never felt so humble to see my name etched in posterity on the trophy alongside all the illustrious previous champions.
The dancing on the streets of Tournafulla will tale place as soon as I am deemed well enough to go home. Five fechin months stuck between Tralee and Limerick hospitals. The quiz has meant more to me than you could possibly imagine. The highlight of every dreary day. Home soon though as I have been assured. I thank you all and in particular his Eminence for making this possible.

Sent from my VF-895N using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Christ. It's posts like this that make it all worthwhile. * wipes snotters with sleeve * ... but seriously lad, hope you're on the mend now. 

The play-off results are in. And all 4 participants agreed it was the best play-off question ever. Especially Jagfox who decided to copy and paste all the results from a previous quiz. He's such an excitable young pup. 

So the question was how many questions / episodes of Dogtanian has there been? The answer was 52 (unless you live in Japan when the answer would have been 50 - inexplicably).

BIK went for 35,, Leedsy went large with 128, dee_62 erred low with 24 and Jagfox ruined it for everyone by Googling 52 (just kidding :lol:).

So BIK stays up and dee_62 stays in the BHL cesspit. 

Money can't buy excitement like this.

It's just turned Monday in my part of the world and it would be a good time to post the Monday quiz but The Australian has surpassed itself by jumping ahead to Tuesday. No doubt this will all read as nonsense when they change the date on the quiz or post a different one for Monday. Anyway 7/10 whichever day it is. No. 1 then 3-8 correct, guessed sport award and wale. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7693&sectionId=1