The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

27 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Well done to those left in the cup and good luck for the semis and final.  I'm sorry I won't be there in person but I'm sending Patti Smith to sing Paper Roses in my absence. :P

F*** them.

(Only joking - all the best to those still in it.)

The ultimate in nail-biting cup tie tension: waiting on tenterhooks for the much-anticipated reveal of the Statue of Liberty's bloody shoe size [emoji38]

Right, that's all the answers in. 
Jagfox - 100
Cardinal - 200
WRK - 893
Frankie S - 1210
The answer(according to my sources) was 879.
So, The Cardinal and WRK win their respective ties.

Is that UK shoe sizes or US? Could have kicked off a riot if it had been close.

Congratulation to His Eminence on winning the promotion play-off and here we go with the final league competition before the Festive season break. 5/10 to start life in the big league. Knew all 5, South America, cricket, composer, president and film director, stuffed up Russian flag.   http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=5783&sectionId=1

ETA: That's my first ever spoiler.

Spoiler

They've stuffed Q2 by listing the same decade twice. Give yourself a point if you choice it and it says wrong answer even though it's correct. You know what I mean.

Edited by Eednud

After a disappointing cup elimination due to grossly overestimating the size of the Statue of Liberty's feet, back to league business with a solid 8/10.

Got the novel and, unforgiveably, the cricket question wrong. South American geography question was a semi-educated guess, the others I knew. 

Unlucky Jagfox... take solace in the fact that I gained promotion and you're in the diddy league :)

A healthy 7 out of 10 in the Big League. A word of warning. I'm stepping on a transatlantic flight on Thursday and I'm petrified of flying. Assuming I don't make it, I hereby bequeath all my worldly goods to the first person who volunteers joint ownership of the P+B league Google Shits Administration account.