The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

4 hours ago, dayman said:

Terribly sorry, but hopefully I redeem myself with the news that Fridays quiz is up 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=5523

Monday 6/10

Tuesday 5

Wed 7

Thu 4

Fri 6

Wednesday was an unholy amount of correct guesses, but I'll take it :thumsup2

9/10. Unbelievable, Geoff! Knew 5. Currency, actor, songwriter, capital and haggis.

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Another nine here. Guessed the first one wrong and the last one correctly, otherwise this one played right into my hands.

58 minutes ago, Eednud said:

A best of the week 9/10 to finish this campaign. Rallying let me down. Knew 1,2,3,7,8,9.  

The helicopter hasn't a scooby which way to go!

Apologies for the slightly garish appearance of today's league table. Sadly "Libreoffice Calc" doesn't do the nice shaded numbers we've all become accustomed to. Google Drive would have let me do that but it just didn't like different coloured stars in the trophy cabinet. Normal service to be resumed next week!

At the top, Edmund will be crying into his tinnies as he loses his first place to WRK - congratulations to him once again. They both achieved a 9, but Edmund's low score of 6 papped him into second.

At the bottom, SlipperyP currently occupies the black star position, but providing he can muster a 1 in the quiz, Swarley will be this weeks' recipient (again, his high score isn't as high as the other chaps on 6 points). 

A dark day for Ozzie quizzers. 

Trophy Cabinet M Tu W Th F TOTAL
WhiteRoseKillie ★★★ 7 7 7 7 9 37
Edmund ★★★ 8 8 6 6 9 37
alang1993 7 7 7 6 9 36
WILLIEA   6 6 6 6 8 32
eckthearab ★★★★★ 6 6 8 5 7 32
Jagfox99   6 7 4 4 10 31
Leeds Saint ★★ 5 7 7 3 8 30
Peasy23   6 6 4 7 6 29
Dayman   6 5 7 4 6 28
Cardinal Richelieu   6 7 3 4 8 28
The_Kincardine   6 6 3 5 8 28
Blackislekillie   6 6 4 3 9 28
Jacksgranda   7 5 3 3 9 27
Ross.   7 5 4 4 6 26
G_Man1985 ★★★ 6 5 4 4 5 24
Supermik 4 5 2 6 6 23
Wren Road   5 4 4 3 7 23
welshbairn   5 4 2 5 7 23
Jmothecat   6 6 5 4   21
Dee_62   6 4 6 4   20
Bully Wee Villa 4 3 1 5 7 20
BigBo10 6 5 4 4   19
die hard doonhamer 6 4 3 2 4 19
Swarley   5 5 1 3 5 19
SlipperyP 4 6 4 4   18

And now for the 2nd round of the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy! 

I've gone for a trivia site. It looks a bit of a dog's dinner, but the quiz seems to be reasonably fair and accurate. There's even an Aussie question in there (and a American sports question). It also gives you a bit of info about the answer once you submit. 

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz3827642bd11a8.html

As usual, please submit your scores to me by PM and I'll post the results after (I'm away for a couple of days so it might not be till Sunday). I got 12 so if that's your score, you're probably humped!

Here's a reminder of the draw!

• Dee 62 vs.Leeds Saint. 
  • WhiteRoseKillie vs Peasy23
  • WillieA vs Jagfox99
  • Eckthearab vs Blackislekillie 

Good luck chaps!

My mate down in England works in an office where someone rattles together a Friday quiz - which he then sends to me. It's usually quite a good quiz (apart from a few too many X-Factor questions) but I think the question setter must be on holiday because today's set of questions included the beauty:

Q: Name the most famous painting in the world?

They also asked for the number of countries in the world and the number of elements in the periodic table. Which might be fair enough, but I'm pretty sure South Sudan, or indeed nihonium, moscovium, tennessine or oganesson haven't made their way into their calculations.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu