The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Patients have been checked and all are clear to go...answers are in for Playoff #127 

In the waiting queue this week were;

Pitbull Playoff

@The DA P12 W10 L2 last app: 9th Nov 2019

Number of dog bites in England is around 10,000.

v

@MixuFixit P5 W1 L4 last app: 23rd Nov 2019

Dog bites: 3000

Shih tzu Playoff

@Spring Onion P6 W4 L2 last app: 15th Fen 2020

Dog bite admissions,  14,198 I reckon. 

v

@The Captain P19 W6 L13 last app: 2nd Nov 2019

Dug bites.... 3571 or not.

Question - What was the total number of hospital admissions for dog bites in England during 2017/18?

Unstoppable killer instinct from @The DA sees him maul @MixuFixit to retain his place among the big dogs.  Also congratulations to @The Captain the last minute entry, haring round the last bend to pip @Spring Onion, to promotion to division 2.

For clarity, scores which didn't matter;

@Ziggy 3000

@wastecoatwilly 1,122

@Eednud 6,522

Have a great week everyone.

PS @Eednud I'll do the leagues next week, it seems when you do them you get promoted, what could possibly  go wrong.  I'll send my email to you by PM.

Edited by SlipperyP

PS [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] I'll do the leagues next week, it seems when you do them you get promoted, what could possibly  go wrong.  I'll send my email to you by PM.

Pure coincidence plus can’t get promoted any further in the Q League. Await your email details. [emoji482][emoji1037]🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿[emoji1242]

Guest Moomintroll
Table time and in the Premier one [mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention] wins it by 2 points from [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] on QD from [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention]. At the bottom down goes [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention] and any 2 or 3 out of [mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention] [mention=38419]The DA[/mention] or [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention]. They all finished on 39 points with the exact same daily scores.
The SWL title goes to [mention=78193]Silky Si McFly[/mention] 4 points ahead of 2nd place [mention=30230]Tynierose[/mention] and it's a play-off for 3rd place and the play-off spot between myself [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] and [mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention] So a 5 way play-off for promotion/relegation. Down go  [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] and [mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] on QD from play-spotter [mention=74823]Spring Onion[/mention]
The BWV flag goes to [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention] 3 points ahead of [mention=42470]SteelJag[/mention] and [mention=69028]Snobot[/mention] with [mention=72090]JamesP_81[/mention] taking the play-off spot on QD. [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] avoids the wooden spoon as it goes to [mention=66969]101[/mention] .
Over to [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] to check my QDing, gives us the play-off participants play-off stats and set the play-off question.

Prem.JPG.f78a3a037e2d69201b329e736e852877.JPG
swl.JPG.34244451aaeec6294847a835997a617b.JPG
bwv.JPG.44ae4d2e0c7da0f8591346ebbdb3dc37.JPG
Sorry to burden you with this one Eednud but I finally have a figure on the honours board, I feeneshed 3rd a couple of weeks ago & got heehaw so what exactly do the "S" & "B" Columns mean?

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
On 22/02/2020 at 07:28, Eednud said:
Table time and in the Premier one [mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention] wins it by 2 points from [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] on QD from [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention]. At the bottom down goes [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention] and any 2 or 3 out of [mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention] [mention=38419]The DA[/mention] or [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention]. They all finished on 39 points with the exact same daily scores.
The SWL title goes to [mention=78193]Silky Si McFly[/mention] 4 points ahead of 2nd place [mention=30230]Tynierose[/mention] and it's a play-off for 3rd place and the play-off spot between myself [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] and [mention=75884]MixuFixit[/mention] So a 5 way play-off for promotion/relegation. Down go  [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] and [mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] on QD from play-spotter [mention=74823]Spring Onion[/mention]
The BWV flag goes to [mention=75119]CaspianChris[/mention] 3 points ahead of [mention=42470]SteelJag[/mention] and [mention=69028]Snobot[/mention] with [mention=72090]JamesP_81[/mention] taking the play-off spot on QD. [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] avoids the wooden spoon as it goes to [mention=66969]101[/mention] .
Over to [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] to check my QDing, gives us the play-off participants play-off stats and set the play-off question.

Prem.JPG.f78a3a037e2d69201b329e736e852877.JPG
swl.JPG.34244451aaeec6294847a835997a617b.JPG
bwv.JPG.44ae4d2e0c7da0f8591346ebbdb3dc37.JPG

Sorry to burden you with this one Eednud but I finally have a figure on the honours board, I feeneshed 3rd a couple of weeks ago & got heehaw so what exactly do the "S" & "B" Columns mean?

Coronovirus getting to you?

G=Finish 1st in the top league

2= Finish 2nd in the top league

S= Finish 1st in the middle league

B= Finish 1st in the bottom league

Cup I'm not too sure what that's for

Guest Moomintroll
Ah, that makes perfect sense now Slips, sorry if that is the first time you have read that sentence.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Ah, that makes perfect sense now Slips, sorry if that is the first time you have read that sentence.

You do know I'm doing the leagues next week.  How do you think your chances will be with a minus 10 start.

Semi Final cup deadline has passed. Answers are below for anyone that took part for fun.

1. What year was Dumbarton FC founded? 1872
2. What is the name of Cove Rangers stadium? BALMORAL STADIUM
3. What team won the Scottish cup in 1984? ABERDEEN
4. What Disney movie features the characters Chief Bogo and Flash? ZOOTOPIA - I did accept zootropolis as it was called this in some countries.
5. What year was Toy Story released? 1995
6. Who voices Rapunzel in the film Tangled? MANDY MOORE
7. What is the name of the building that replaced the Twin Towers following the 2001 attack? THE ONE WORLD TRADE CENTRE
8. What is the name of the tallest Waterfall in England? CAUTLEY SPOUT
9. What is the name of the Tallest mountain in Australia? MOUNT KOSCIUSZKO
10. What year did Winston Churchill 1st become PM of the UK? 1940

So onto the 4 souls who made it this far. 

In the 1st semi final saw Silky Si Mcfly take on 101. I had high hopes for Silky after learning he compiles and hosts pub quizzes. Credit where credits due, there was no passes and a genuine attempt at every question was made. However, some of these attempts were weird and wonderful and Silky stumbled his way to 2/10. After that performance the bookies decided all 101 had to do was turn up and a place in the final was his, unfortunately he forgot to turn up, a search party was sent but 101 got lost in the pub. Silky goes through!

In the 2nd semi it was 8mileBU v Peasy23.  Much higher scoring affair this. 8mileBU raced away getting the 1st 7 correct, a minor blip as he passed on the waterfall and Aussie mountain but finished strongly for a solid 8. Peasy23 tried to match him and dug deep with some good answers, too many passes in the end saw him score a respectable 6 but it wasnt enough. 8mileBU will face Silky si Mcfly in the final.

Questions for the final will be up tomorrow, again there is no multiple choice and this time it will be out of 20! 

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Semi Final cup deadline has passed. Answers are below for anyone that took part for fun.

1. What year was Dumbarton FC founded? 1872
2. What is the name of Cove Rangers stadium? BALMORAL STADIUM
3. What team won the Scottish cup in 1984? ABERDEEN
4. What Disney movie features the characters Chief Bogo and Flash? ZOOTOPIA - I did accept zootropolis as it was called this in some countries.
5. What year was Toy Story released? 1995
6. Who voices Rapunzel in the film Tangled? MANDY MOORE
7. What is the name of the building that replaced the Twin Towers following the 2001 attack? THE ONE WORLD TRADE CENTRE
8. What is the name of the tallest Waterfall in England? CAUTLEY SPOUT
9. What is the name of the Tallest mountain in Australia? MOUNT KOSCIUSZKO
10. What year did Winston Churchill 1st become PM of the UK? 1940

So onto the 4 souls who made it this far. 

In the 1st semi final saw Silky Si Mcfly take on 101. I had high hopes for Silky after learning he compiles and hosts pub quizzes. Credit where credits due, there was no passes and a genuine attempt at every question was made. However, some of these attempts were weird and wonderful and Silky stumbled his way to 2/10. After that performance the bookies decided all 101 had to do was turn up and a place in the final was his, unfortunately he forgot to turn up, a search party was sent but 101 got lost in the pub. Silky goes through!

In the 2nd semi it was 8mileBU v Peasy23.  Much higher scoring affair this. 8mileBU raced away getting the 1st 7 correct, a minor blip as he passed on the waterfall and Aussie mountain but finished strongly for a solid 8. Peasy23 tried to match him and dug deep with some good answers, too many passes in the end saw him score a respectable 6 but it wasnt enough. 8mileBU will face Silky si Mcfly in the final.

Questions for the final will be up tomorrow, again there is no multiple choice and this time it will be out of 20! 

Just need to hope 8 mile is a no show then and I've got this in the bag

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Your wishes are my command!

Quiz 1077 24/02/2020

Create issue
Issue #13 NEW

Former user created an issue a minute ago

Question 3 asked which country?

All the options are cities.

Thanks SlipperyP

Comments (0)