The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So its here, Cup Semi Final time.  Ties are below as are the questions. No safety net of multiple choice in semi or final! As you will see the quiz is a mix of the 3 categories so far and 1 random question. Please PM your answers to me by 8pm on Sunday (UK time) 

Anyone not involved can have a go. Answers will be up on sunday.

@Silky Si McFly v @101
@8MileBU v @peasy23

(look at me tagging people all by myself 😉)

1. What year was Dumbarton FC founded? 
2. What is the name of Cove Rangers stadium? 
3. What team won the Scottish cup in 1984? 
4. What Disney movie features the characters Chief Bogo and Flash? 
5. What year was Toy Story released? 
6. Who voices Rapunzel in the film Tangled?
7. What is the name of the building that replaced the Twin Towers following the 2001 attack? 
8. What is the name of the tallest Waterfall in England? 
9. What is the name of the Tallest mountain in Australia? 
10. What year did Winston Churchill 1st become PM of the UK? 

Table time and in the Premier one @8MileBU wins it by 2 points from @Moomintroll on QD from @Salvo Montalbano. At the bottom down goes @alang1993 and any 2 or 3 out of @Ziggy @The DA or @wastecoatwilly. They all finished on 39 points with the exact same daily scores.

The SWL title goes to @Silky Si McFly 4 points ahead of 2nd place @Tynierose and it's a play-off for 3rd place and the play-off spot between myself @Eednud and @MixuFixit So a 5 way play-off for promotion/relegation. Down go  @Mark Connolly @NJ2 and @Ross. on QD from play-spotter @Spring Onion

The BWV flag goes to @CaspianChris 3 points ahead of @SteelJag and @Snobot with @JamesP_81 taking the play-off spot on QD. @SlipperyP avoids the wooden spoon as it goes to @101 .

Over to @SlipperyP to check my QDing, gives us the play-off participants play-off stats and set the play-off question.

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bwv.JPG

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
[mention=44974]Eednud[/mention]  I think [mention=72250]The Captain[/mention] makes the playoff in the 3rd Div.  Can you confirm.

You are correct. Apologies @JamesP_81   but you’re taking the 5th.   @The Captain is 4th.

Edited by Eednud

Well I wrote it down as an 8 and that’s the way it will stay. You will be deducted 2 points for not telling me by smoko on Wednesday but the 2 points are reinstated for being honest. The wooden spoon belongs to 101 this week as any missing scores are deemed, in best Katie Boyle voice, nul points.

Thank you @Eednud, I really don't understand why you are still held in OZ, your're a good man.

First up we will have the 1st Division who gets relegated and who gets in the playoff, playoff.

@Ziggy v @The DA v @wastecoatwilly

Winner will get through to the real weekend play off, other 2 get automatically relegated.

We also have a 2nd Div Play off to see who gets promoted and who goes into the playoff, playoff.

@Eednud v @MixuFixit

Winner will automatically be promoted, loser will get a second chance in the real weekend play off.

Question for all 5 - From Wikipedia, what is the population of Motherwell? (last estimated in 2012).

^^^ These 5 players have 2 questions to answer.  Please put them both in the same PM.

Play Off #127 coming up to bite you in the arse, in the waiting queue this week are;

Pitbull Playoff

@Ziggy P14 W6 L8 last app:9th Nov 2019

or

@The DA P12 W10 L2 last app: 9th Nov 2019

or

@wastecoatwilly P11 W4 L7 last app :15th Feb 2020

v

@Eednud P14 W9 L5 last app: 11th Jan 2020

or

@MixuFixit P5 W1 L4 last app: 23rd Nov 2019

Shih tzu Playoff

@Spring Onion P6 W4 L2 last app: 15th Fen 2020

v

@The Captain P19 W6 L13 last app: 2nd Nov 2019

Question - What was the total number of hospital admissions for dog bites in England during 2017/18?

Answer to all questions to be stitched to my PM vaccine no latter than Monday 07:00 TT

Keep safe!

This reminds me of the song Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, especially the line "You'll find work and I'll get promoted". It's very apt, except I've already got a job and I've not been promoted. Well done @Silky Si McFly ... I'm sorely tempted to strip out all that populist nonsense in your quiz I'm running tomorrow, and replace it with questions about architecture and Japanese poetry. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This reminds me of the song Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, especially the line "You'll find work and I'll get promoted". It's very apt, except I've already got a job and I've not been promoted. Well done @Silky Si McFly ... I'm sorely tempted to strip out all that populist nonsense in your quiz I'm running tomorrow, and replace it with questions about architecture and Japanese poetry. 

Image result for go on go on go on meme

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You'll upset the natives.  Just cos it's not your cup of tea, doesn't mean it isn't tea.

Edited by Silky Si McFly

First up we  had the 1st Division who gets relegated and who gets in the playoff, playoff.

@Ziggy population of Motherwell is 47,000 all of whom would bite a dug.

v

@The DA Population of Motherwell is around 30K.

v

@wastecoatwilly I was in motherwell last night the asda looked busy going for 82,000 steelmen.

We also had a 2nd Div Play off to see who gets promoted and who goes into the playoff, playoff.

@Eednud Motherwell will be between 30-40,000 so I’ll go for 35,000

v

@MixuFixit Motherwell: 45000

Question  - From Wikipedia, what is the population of Motherwell? (last estimated in 2012).

@The DA fights another day, 'well another playoff question.  Going down quicker than a loose Lanarkshire lassie are @Ziggy & @wastecoatwilly

In the other playoff, glasses of claret getting swallied as @Eednud is promoted to the tap league, congratulations, and in the playoff is @MixuFixit.with his second chance.

The  real playoff answer will be revealed as soon as I have received all the answers.