The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

20 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

WTF even is this pish!?!?!

1. I assume you mean "handed", not "handled"
  2. Despite there being SEVEN (7) of you, not one of you bothered your arse "handling" anything in to me once. I actually had to come and get your sheet. 
  3. I did this 4 times. 7+4=11. 
  4. Oh wait. I see what you've done. You got 7. Still, I'm not deleting any of this so everyone knows the truth about you. 

Was this the quiz a couple of weeks ago?

A roll-call for the latecomers...

@Ziggy (Friday), @Salvo Montalbano (Tue-Fri), @alang1993 (Fri - though tempted not to tag him), @gkneil (all week), @pleslie99 (Fri), @wastecoatwilly (Fri), @NotThePars (Thu-Fri), @Christophe (Tue-Fri)

Scores must be in before I do the league tables tomorrow, which will be at some point between 6am and 1pm. 

[mention=8409]Ziggy[/mention] (Friday), [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention] (Tue-Fri), [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention] (Fri - though tempted not to tag him), [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] (all week), [mention=55832]pleslie99[/mention] (Fri), [mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] (Fri), [mention=25417]NotThePars[/mention] (Thu-Fri), [mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] (Tue-Fri)
Scores must be in before I do the league tables tomorrow, which will be at some point between 6am and 1pm. 
Apologies, not often I'm a straggler. Was waiting to see other scores before posting mine to try get promotion.........
Or maybe I was at the safari park with the wee one all day, I'll let you decide the most plausible answer
Anyway, after a full house yesterday I struggled to a 6 to end the week

54 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

@Ziggy (Friday), @Salvo Montalbano (Tue-Fri), @alang1993 (Fri - though tempted not to tag him), @gkneil (all week), @pleslie99 (Fri), @wastecoatwilly (Fri), @NotThePars (Thu-Fri), @Christophe (Tue-Fri)

Sorry boss. 7 for Friday.

Nadia Comăneci did it in 1980, Torvill and Dean in 1984. O'Sullivan achieved it in around 5 minutes. Taylor managed it twice in one match. How soon will it be before someone achieves perfection in the P+B Quiz League?

Arch Stanton has come the closest so far. Amazingly it's Arch Stanton's first gold and very well deserved. They'll be dancing on the streets of wherever he lives this weekend. Rugster and Helpma must fight it out for the paler gold 2nd placed medal (if they can be arsed).

At the shit end, Salvo is probably away playing glamour friendlies somewhere and will be hauled in front of the beaks on his return. Ziggy and Kincardine both achieved a perfect 10 and still get binned. And Edmund must be wondering how a fine score like 41 can still see him in the relegation play-off. 

image.png.266146c30736b79079626bdc342d1892.png

It's close in the SWL with FOUR (FOUR) teams tied for the top spot. Silky clinches top spot on quiz difference, and both 8MileBU and Tynierose are promoted. The latter subject is subject to a disciplinary committee for his comments midweek. I hope he appreciates the irony of achieving his age as his score. German Jag must make do with a play-off.

It's going to be a busy week for the beaks as gkneil is also summoned to explain his absence. Down he goes with Adam101 and mathematics and MixuFixit is in the play-offs. 

image.png.24ece679a8b03f837d16e73957df7ba9.png

And in the BHL, Ross achieves his EIGHTH bronze medal and is promoted along with deej and NJ2. And in his first season in the job, Snobot achieves promotion in his first season in charge - despite shiting the bet after his strong start. I'm not quite sure who gets the wooden spoon, but I shall let The Custodian of the Spoon (sounds like a job you'd get in Parliament) do the honours - @Jacksgranda

image.png.46c242728bea1db7f5375e7e7568c5b6.png

And finally, it's over to @SlipperyP to sort out this weekend's play-offs. 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And in the BHL, Ross achieves his EIGHTH bronze medal and is promoted along with deej and NJ2. And in his first season in the job, Snobot achieves promotion in his first season in charge - despite shiting the bet after his strong start. I'm not quite sure who gets the wooden spoon, but I shall let The Custodian of the Spoon (sounds like a job you'd get in Parliament) do the honours - @Jacksgranda

And finally, it's over to @SlipperyP to sort out this weekend's play-offs. 

I don't want it so I'm giving it to @Christophe Cherish it - 15cm Wooden Spoon Award

Thanks @Cardinal Richelieu bit early for the wine is it not?

44 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Snobot achieves promotion in his first season in charge - despite shiting the bet after his strong start

He didn't he was only forth in your league table and a closer look, confirms, he should be 5th, therefore, he also misses out on the play off spot to @NotThePars. Sorry @Snobot.

Hello Boys, playoff is all around us on this beautiful Saturday.

Cracking bunch this weekend are;

Second is for Losers Playoff

@Rugster v @Helpma

Party People Playoff

@Eednud v @German Jag

Quiet Night in Again Playoff

@MixuFixit v @NotThePars

Question - In what year was the first full translating into English, of the four gospels.

Answers to be dipped in my box no later that 06:00 Monday TT.

Good Luck.

Edited by SlipperyP

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Surely it's never too early for wine...

He needs to hold back until the final league tables have been published at least.  Or does he not give a f**k about the Bully Wee Villa Memorial League?

And, I'm not Shirley. 

11 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

He needs to hold back until the final league tables have been published at least.  Or does he not give a f**k about the Bully Wee Villa Memorial League?

And, I'm not Shirley. 

He's very dedicated you know, only drinks the best.  

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The ads and pop-ups I get on that Joe page are totally annoying as f**k.

This.

Nadia Comăneci did it in 1980, Torvill and Dean in 1984. O'Sullivan achieved it in around 5 minutes. Taylor managed it twice in one match. How soon will it be before someone achieves perfection in the P+B Quiz League?
Arch Stanton has come the closest so far. Amazingly it's Arch Stanton's first gold and very well deserved. They'll be dancing on the streets of wherever he lives this weekend. Rugster and Helpma must fight it out for the paler gold 2nd placed medal (if they can be arsed).
At the shit end, Salvo is probably away playing glamour friendlies somewhere and will be hauled in front of the beaks on his return. Ziggy and Kincardine both achieved a perfect 10 and still get binned. And Edmund must be wondering how a fine score like 41 can still see him in the relegation play-off. 
image.png.266146c30736b79079626bdc342d1892.png
It's close in the SWL with FOUR (FOUR) teams tied for the top spot. Silky clinches top spot on quiz difference, and both 8MileBU and Tynierose are promoted. The latter subject is subject to a disciplinary committee for his comments midweek. I hope he appreciates the irony of achieving his age as his score. German Jag must make do with a play-off.
It's going to be a busy week for the beaks as gkneil is also summoned to explain his absence. Down he goes with Adam101 and mathematics and MixuFixit is in the play-offs. 
image.png.24ece679a8b03f837d16e73957df7ba9.png
And in the BHL, Ross achieves his EIGHTH bronze medal and is promoted along with deej and NJ2. And in his first season in the job, Snobot achieves promotion in his first season in charge - despite shiting the bet after his strong start. I'm not quite sure who gets the wooden spoon, but I shall let The Custodian of the Spoon (sounds like a job you'd get in Parliament) do the honours - [mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention]
And finally, it's over to [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] to sort out this weekend's play-offs. 
I got a 6 for Friday if u check back sir, which I believe puts me in a playoff!!

Apologies, not often I'm a straggler. Was waiting to see other scores before posting mine to try get promotion.........

Or maybe I was at the safari park with the wee one all day, I'll let you decide the most plausible answer

Anyway, after a full house yesterday I struggled to a 6 to end the week

As u can see here.......

I mean I know it's a rare occurrence for Cardigan Richard to f**k up but this is a monumental moment, especially as the playoff question has already been posted......

In fact I may even have achieved automatic promotion if my understanding of QD is correct.......

*cough* superleague *cough*