The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Probably time we had another ( a first?) breakdown of how Quiz Differential works...

Okey dokey. 

If 2 teams are level on points, then the team with the highest score for the week finishes higher. If they both have the same highest score, then it goes to the 2nd highest, 3rd highest etc. If a team hasn't completed their fixtures they automatically finish lower. If the scores are the exactly the same, it goes on how much I like the poster / their team. If I dislike them both equally - and it matters for promotion / relegation, then they are thrown into Slippery P's play-off. 

Simple really. 

All these high scores, I miss the days of our Aussie quiz and the expectancy of getting a nine only to get a five.

A ten in those days was a thing to treasure, a victoria cross of quizzing, not now though they're ten a penny, as common as muck.

Damn, where are you  Japanese Island questions, aussie politicians, netball etc etc?  

Progress they say, give me back the good old days.   I mind when I was a lad, going to quiz, no phones in those days, relying on your wits and acumen,  today's lads surreptitiously checking answers under a table on phone, lack of morale fibre those lads, wouldn't want them in a trench with me.

The quiz is representative of society today, kids expect big rewards for less effort.

It leaves me empty and ready to move on, this is no longer my quiz, my time, my era.

Has anyone seen my funeral plan?  Time for my meds.

Carry on.

41 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

All these high scores, I miss the days of our Aussie quiz and the expectancy of getting a nine only to get a five.

A ten in those days was a thing to treasure, a victoria cross of quizzing, not now though they're ten a penny, as common as muck.

Damn, where are you  Japanese Island questions, aussie politicians, netball etc etc?  

Progress they say, give me back the good old days.   I mind when I was a lad, going to quiz, no phones in those days, relying on your wits and acumen,  today's lads surreptitiously checking answers under a table on phone, lack of morale fibre those lads, wouldn't want them in a trench with me.

The quiz is representative of society today, kids expect big rewards for less effort.

It leaves me empty and ready to move on, this is no longer my quiz, my time, my era.

Carry on.

I agree going through a whole week with 2's  was a fairly common occurrence, shame the Aussies kicked us out

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Carry on.

Top class Yer Da-style rant and well-received. Aye, the good old days.  When c***s would be laughed at for using phrases such as, " lack of morale fibre" since the only fibre they know come from their ISP.  Is that what you mean...?

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Carry on.

When you're finished your tear-stained rose-tinted rant old man, you perhaps might like to furnish me with your scores for Tuesday and Wednesday. You n aw @alang1993

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

9 for Thursday- haven’t read 1984 for shame 

1984 is my favourite book in the world, and I'm certainly not one for classic literature. You might have thought that my favourite book would be The Bible but it's not. Mainly cos it's a load of boring shite although it contains quite a bit of shagging if you know where to look. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

When you're finished your tear-stained rose-tinted rant old man, you perhaps might like to furnish me with your scores for Tuesday and Wednesday. You n aw @alang1993

1984 is my favourite book in the world, and I'm certainly not one for classic literature. You might have thought that my favourite book would be The Bible but it's not. Mainly cos it's a load of boring shite although it contains quite a bit of shagging if you know where to look. 

Tuesday - "the number of times our team handed our answers in at the quiz hosted by Cardinal" + 7

Wednesday - same

Edited by alang1993

10 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Tuesday - "the number of times our team handled our answers in at the quiz hosted by Cardinal" + 7

Wednesday - same

WTF even is this pish!?!?!

1. I assume you mean "handed", not "handled"
  2. Despite there being SEVEN (7) of you, not one of you bothered your arse "handling" anything in to me once. I actually had to come and get your sheet. 
  3. I did this 4 times. 7+4=11. 
  4. Oh wait. I see what you've done. You got 7. Still, I'm not deleting any of this so everyone knows the truth about you. 
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Moral when I was at school, those young types have probably abbreviated it into some dreadful text speak.

You're only 42, M8 and your weans are still quite wee.  In a decade's time you'll be proud as f**k at how much they have progressed...except when you take them for driving lessons.  That's when 'our' experience of technology is a real divider.