The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Before the leagues, a quote from Benito Mussolini. 

Thanks for that Benito. Mind you, not even Il Duce himself could have predicted such a thrilling end to a league season. Plenty of teams were in the running for scooping the richest prize in the P+B Quiz Thread, but all but one shat the bed. Well done MSU - you are now the most decorated quiz team in the league (although a cup win still eludes him). Christophe takes 2nd place on BNQD over Salvo ...

Down below, it's incredibly tight as well ... BNQD again playing a factor. Well not for JamesP, his goose was cooked days ago ... but The DA is relegated and pleslie99 has a glimmer of hope in the play-offs. 

image.png.1b13c710263811555bec978d6d01129c.png

Petershill's Finest, Peasy23 gets gold (well silver) in the SWL. BNQD again rears its contentious head, promoting Helpma and leaving German Jag in the play-offs. At the other end, Mark Connolly shat the bed, mathematics couldn't hack it with the medium-sized boys, and yet again, BNQD is used to dump one of three teams into the play-off. And as luck would have it, it means that the 2 Edinburgh quiz attending boys - me and Adam101 - stay up, and the one who said he was coming then dinghied us at the 11th hour has to endure the play-offs. BNQD has a heart after all. 

image.png.53acaad6b3f7f88dabc592f2f938b5ad.png

And in the BHL - in his second season in charge (or first, if you exclude the aborted week where he did all the quizzes but just assumed that some wizardry happened to add his scores to the league table. This despite every single other team posting their scores every day), As Easterly as it gets! gets his first taste of success. I can see that ! becoming as annoying as the full stop at the end of Ross.'s username. Anyway, well done to AEAIG, and to Leedsy who is up-and-down more than the proverbial whore's drawers. And BNQD is working overtime today ... Ziggy's in the play-offs at the expense of The Captain.

image.png.bb8830d4074cdcc9a04cd3d906c78a53.png

So it's over to @SlipperyP to post this week's thaibreaker. 

First ever top league win followed immediately by relegation.  Talk about blowing hot and cold.  

Evening @Cardinal Richelieu some revolting slurs against you today. Which sets me up for today's playoff bonanza.

Yes Ladies & Gentleman I'm back.

This weekend on the line;

Kelly  Brooks Diddies

@pleslie99 v @German Jag

&

R Kelly's Tapes

@NJ2 v @Ziggy

Question - Michael Jackson first solo single was 'Got to be There'. What date was this released.

Answers by PM only by 07:00 Monday TT.

Good Luck!

So the first leg is is over 24 confirmed entries so the top 12 all got through with magnificent scores of 7,8 and @Eednud leading the pack with 9. There were 13 runner all told from the 3 scores already mentioned so I randomised the players with a score of 60 and @Leeds Saint was the lucky one out the hat, so congratulations to him.

I then randomised the remaining players into their draws so your opponents are below, if you get a draw in your tie then you will be given a further quiz of 5 penalties winner of the goes through.

Match 1 : @The DA vs @Eednud

Match 2 : @The_Kincardine vs @Helpma

Match 3 : @Christophe vs @Bully Wee Villa

Match 4 : @Tynierose vs @Mark Connolly

Match 5 : @peasy23 vs @gkneil

Match 6 : @Salvo Montalbano vs @Rugster

Match 7 : @Leeds Saint vs @JamesP_81

Best score of this round will get a by through to the next round of the last 4

www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1903161340224911&lnk&

Best of luck

@pleslie99 sadly didn't make the cut after an impressive cup performance in the last competition.

Edited by Adam101
ETA again a week for all the entries please.

So the first leg is is over 24 confirmed entries so the top 12 all got through with magnificent scores of 7,8 and [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention] leading the pack with 9. There were 13 runner all told from the 3 scores already mentioned so I randomised the players with a score of 60 and [mention=2439]Leeds Saint[/mention] was the lucky one out the hat, so congratulations to him.
I then randomised the remaining players into their draws so your opponents are below, if you get a draw in your tie then you will be given a further quiz of 5 penalties winner of the goes through.

Match 1 : [mention=38419]The DA[/mention] vs [mention=44974]Eednud[/mention]

Match 2 : [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] vs [mention=16108]Helpma[/mention]

Match 3 : [mention=37521]Christophe[/mention] vs [mention=31670]Bully Wee Villa[/mention]

Match 4 : [mention=30230]Tynierose[/mention] vs [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention]

Match 5 : [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention] vs [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention]

Match 6 : [mention=68793]Salvo Montalbano[/mention] vs [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention]

Match 7 : [mention=2439]Leeds Saint[/mention] vs [mention=72090]JamesP_81[/mention]

Best score of this round will get a by through to the next round of the last 4

www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1903161340224911&lnk&

Best of luck

[mention=55832]pleslie99[/mention] sadly didn't make the cut after an impressive cup performance in the last competition.

Rightly so after my simply pathetic 4 (I think) I have been riding my luck in the cups of late so it was bound to end eventually.

Plus those questions were stinking lol

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

So the first leg is is over 24 confirmed entries so the top 12 all got through with magnificent scores of 7,8 and @Eednud leading the pack with 9. There were 13 runner all told from the 3 scores already mentioned so I randomised the players with a score of 60 and @Leeds Saint was the lucky one out the hat, so congratulations to him.

Does 'randomised' mean, 'pulled something out of my arse' or 'made it up as I went along' or are we entering in to a new phase on the quiz thread?  I may need a comfort blanket.  

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Does 'randomised' mean, 'pulled something out of my arse' or 'made it up as I went along' or are we entering in to a new phase on the quiz thread?  I may need a comfort blanket.  

nah I used an online randomiser :lol: however I may or may not be making it up as I go.